Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    @WA_Teacher please post your steps for May 22nd - Jun 3rd before Friday to get credit for them.
    @SavageMrsMoose please post your steps for Jun 3rd before Friday to get credit for them.

We're ready to close out the month and announce the winners. Thanks!
    Jessica :blush:
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW Congratulations on your amazing health progress! It's what it is really about...

@Pupowl I too loved the horse!

@TexanMom8152 fingers crossed that you get a good outcome from your biopsy

Steps for June 3 10,063*

*Yes, I walked around the bathroom while brushing my teeth before bed until I hit 10,000 lol

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,619 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Glad you all enjoyed the pictures, have a few more. :wink: Went for a walk again, combined two short routes which ended up being around 7 kilometers. Bird wise, there was a lot of the usual, but I also found a black woodpecker. They are incredibily shy and will hide on the other side of the tree if they see people. So I felt pretty lucky I got some pictures, even though they aren't the best. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    4lqurofnssmu.jpg
    b7nyyxehqfq4.jpg
    rj62zbrbkdu1.jpg
    f77trmadqcia.jpg
    w0t3voirxr2j.jpg
    qfwjzmuuqx42.jpg
    1piirzsxoakp.jpg
    bwfzaxruixgv.jpg
    n4x3r7s3kefw.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Here is the card for today

u370y3z0865u.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Sunday was just one of those days where I felt blah and didn't feel like going to the gym. So I didn't. One thing I'm proud of is learning how to give myself grace and not force myself to do something I really don't want to, even if I "should". I try to do what I need to, but also keep balance in mind so I don't get burned out. This approach has helped me so much, even if i have days when I fall short of my step goal.

@Zaxa2021 - I can only imagine how busy your days are caring for twins. It’s important to find moments when you can care for yourself. I’ll bet sometimes that means taking a break from the house and ‘escaping’ for some focused time exercising at the gym, and sometimes doing nothing but relaxing and replenishing! You know what you need better than anyone else!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 - I’ve been meaning to ask you if you speak Japanese or have son other connection to Japan after seeing your MFP name. I lived in Tokyo for about 6 years, approximately five years with my husband and a year with my husband and two sons when they were toddlers (9 months old and just about 2 years old). I guess you can change your name to ‘gochisousama’ [deshita] once you achieve your goal?! (Roughly translated as “You worked very hard to prepare this meal— thank you!”)

Gambatte! (Hang in there! Do your best!)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Sorry for the multiple posts. I’m disappointed today because the coach canceled our rowing practice. The air quality is worse today so we’re off until Friday when it’s expected to be better.

I planned my breakfast based on the number of calories I expected to burn so I’ll have to make adjustments throughout the day so I don’t exceed my calories. I might be able to fit in another workout at the gym if I get through my ‘to do’ list.

The good news is that I caught up on some of the chat posts, and maybe that’s also the bad news since you all had to read through multiple comments from me! 🙄 I hope everyone has a good day. Go get those goals!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Yes @looneycatblue, @PatriceFitnessPal is correct "wobbly pops" is slang for beer, or I guess any alcoholic beverage in a can lol
    They sure tasted great after playing in the sun and the lake all day, water skiing and boating, hiking around the camp ect.

My steps for June 5= 5539
    June 6= 15,050

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal -- Yup! I've been learning Japanese for a year now! I'm almost 50 and I'm not sure I have the plasticity to actually speak it. I think I'll be able to read it and understand, but eh' I guess I'll find out! I would like to move and live there for awhile, but I have never been in a big city so maybe someplace smaller. :-P I am probably too old and too gaigin but I think it would be very interesting.

My youngest son turns 23 tomorrow! Yikes stripes, between that and the arthritis I'm physically feeling my age, but at heart I don't feel old at all. I want to go out and adventure all the time and explore ideas and cultures and run long distances, lol, I'm a mess! Haha

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Monday, June 5th
    I wanted to add a photo 📸 but can't seem to remember how???
    Here is a photo step by step on how to put a photo under the spoiler
    kl1gzslol5a0.jpeggpfx6h8lah4o.jpeg625jp8zo8bwp.jpeg9bbifwzgcomv.jpeg423i909iseoy.jpegsx1vylqy0svm.png

Thank you so much for the step-by-steps, I will give it another try!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Tues, Jun 6th
    Steps = 8946 (should be maybe a few hundred more, forgot my FitBit was charging)
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Do any of you pay for the MFP membership, currently it costs $79.99/year.

If so, do you think it is worth it?
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Wednesday

PW: 148.9
    CW: 150.2

I am pretty sure the gain is due to changing my macros and timing. I'm starting to eat more carbs at dinner to help fuel my evening runs. My runs are going much better, but I'm retaining a little more more. Overall, it's not a big deal but I didn't get a loss this week, which is always a bit disappointing.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Sunday was just one of those days where I felt blah and didn't feel like going to the gym. So I didn't. One thing I'm proud of is learning how to give myself grace and not force myself to do something I really don't want to, even if I "should". I try to do what I need to, but also keep balance in mind so I don't get burned out. This approach has helped me so much, even if i have days when I fall short of my step goal.

@Zaxa2021 - I can only imagine how busy your days are caring for twins. It’s important to find moments when you can care for yourself. I’ll bet sometimes that means taking a break from the house and ‘escaping’ for some focused time exercising at the gym, and sometimes doing nothing but relaxing and replenishing! You know what you need better than anyone else!

This is exactly it!! Thank you for putting it into words!
This discussion has been closed.