Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    Sorry to hear about your Garmin. Just enjoy your holiday without worrying about steps. Sounds like a good deal to me. Have fun!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the card for today. Happy Friday everyone <3
    zs3kyqcl7viu.jpg
  • dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    dancingonstarz
    Friday
    PW: 163.2
    CW: 162.6 (-0.6)
    LTD: 4.0
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @pedal_power - The air quality is still unhealthy here so the coach canceled rowing practice again but it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I’m guessing that will help clear the air. I hope the situation has improved for you!

@jessicakrall8 and @bearchested - Thanks for sharing the features you like in the paid version of MFP. The barcode scanner is convenient and would definitely give me a more accurate reading than my calorie ‘guesstimating.’ Usually, I round up on calories and down on exercise since I know most people make the opposite mistake.

The macro breakdown at each meal is something I could benefit from so I check the macros after each meal to gauge the balance. Since my breakfast is typically the same, it’s easy to figure out lunch. Then, I try to round out the numbers to my goal if I snack in the afternoon before dinner time. Usually, I need some extra protein. I like the idea of sharing the data with your coach @bearchested.

A nutritionist recommended MFP to me and asked me to open my diary so she could see the kind of food I liked, etc. She suggested my macro targets of 50% carbs, 30% fat, and 20% protein. She made some meal plans for my son based on his college food hall choices, too. Our family paid for a set number of sessions with her - and I haven’t met with her in years, but I thought it might be good to schedule an annual consultation. So, thanks for the reminder to follow through on my original plan!

@pupowl - I’ve rented e-bikes a couple of times and enjoyed them for sightseeing but I never thought about how far I could travel before recharging the battery. It’s a good idea to carry a spare. I mostly pedal but I find the e-bike really helpful for bigger hills. My husband and sons love to take advantage of the speed so I have to take a different approach to cycling when I ride with them!

Photographers and other artists are really under appreciated in my opinion. Everyone wants them to work for free to ‘build their portfolios’ instead of paying them for their skills and services. There are some gorgeous photos on Instagram accounts. My son is interested in photography and takes some beautiful pictures. However, he realized he didn’t want to pursue it as a career because he likes the freedom to photograph the things that appeal to him personally. He took a class in high school and had assignments to photograph food and other typical commercial items. He was inspired by the movie “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” and still likes nature and landscape photography as an occasional hobby.

We live near the National Geographic Museum so we sometimes visit there and he has been fortunate to take a couple of workshops there as birthday gifts to learn some useful tips. The workshop leaders often stress the way photographers need to demonstrate exceptional skills with the camera AND some other talent — like repelling from mountain tops! 😬 I’m terrible about taking photos and often regret not capturing a scene or experience so I especially appreciate @pupowl and my family for sharing!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    AND @izzyred9400 — I’m so glad you shared your beautiful picture, too! I agree wholeheartedly with @Pupowl that you should use the Garmin watch loss* as an opportunity to relax and enjoy your trip! Have fun with your son and his girlfriend!

The coast looks so inviting and I love the easy feel of all the women relaxing at the beach. You captured a candid moment! 🌊🏝️

*I’m sorry to hear the news about the watch you used so regularly. It served you well — and even crashed at the right time!? Enjoy!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl thank you for your tips but as you can see above my photo posting under the spoiler still wasn't successful!
    I'm having a lovely time in Greece,my son & his girlfriend arrive tomorrow so it will be good to see them.
    I wanted to ask to be removed from the step challenge for June please.Unfortunately my Garmin watch tracker has died on me 🙁
    I did go in the sea with it on yesterday but as far as I know it's OK to swim wearing it.I have no other way to track steps as I don't want to stroll up & down the beach holding my mobile phone.
    Great reading everyone's posts.Just going to have an afternoon siesta to prepare for another night of eating & drinking 🍸
    How long had you had the Garmin watch? I had a problem with my watch getting moisture inside after some very vigorous water aerobics. The only thing it seemed to affect was the altimeter. Floors Climbed went from around ten a day to hundreds a day! 😂 I contacted Garmin about getting it repaired, and they replaced it, no charge. They could see it began "misbehaving" just prior to the 12 month warranty expiring.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Thursday, Jun 8th = 8361
This discussion has been closed.