Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I can't find the link to week 3. can someone repost it please.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    I can't find the link to week 3. can someone repost it please.

I'm assuming you mean the week 3 Group Challenge? I'm not hosting it this week, but here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10892867/june-week-3-challenge-share-your-favorite-recipes#latest

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    steps for Monday 19th 11959
    Tuesday 20th 10918

I got a new job where I'm on my feet walking for 8 hours 3 days a week. yay me! my feet are hurting but I'm loving it.

Missing your steps @alleykat69 for the 18th. Please post. Thanks! CONGRATS on the new job! Wow, look at those steps...make sure you have good arch support shoes...love my Vionics!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    EDITED — Oops! I should have checked to see if anyone had already replied to your request @allycat69. @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl are always watching out for us! Thank you!! 🙏🏼

Here’s the Week 3 Challenge link:
  • dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kodakslim wrote: »
    Mid-week check-in. I started using my exercise bike over the past couple of days, just to switch things up a little (again, thanks for the tips everyone.

I like to watch SpinJunkie videos on YouTube for bike workouts. She does what's called "rhythm rides" where you pedal to the beat of the music. Riding along to the music makes it so much easier to keep up a pace, in my experience. Plus I like her personality, she seems very genuine.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Wonderful news about your doctor’s visit!!! I know going can be stressful. It sounds like she is supportive and encouraging, and you’ve been putting in all the hard work!!👏👏👏👏👏
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is todays card. Happy Thursday everyone <3
    5uf4has6s9r9.jpg
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    kodakslim wrote: »
    Mid-week check-in. I started using my exercise bike over the past couple of days, just to switch things up a little (again, thanks for the tips everyone.

I like to watch SpinJunkie videos on YouTube for bike workouts. She does what's called "rhythm rides" where you pedal to the beat of the music. Riding along to the music makes it so much easier to keep up a pace, in my experience. Plus I like her personality, she seems very genuine.

Thank you for the recommendation, I’m definitely going to check this out :)

• kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I’m glad to hear your doctors appointment went well, it sounds like your hard work is really paying off. Well done, be proud :)
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW

I am so sorry to hear about your friendship struggles. All I can do is relate it to some my own personal friendship struggles. For me, sometimes a little space helps.

@nancyinmo Congratulations! How exciting!

@jessicakrall8 Congrats on the positive doctor's appointment. For me, you can't beat a piece of lettuce as a sub for bread ....
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Nooo...tomorrow is work day slay. First day back in 10 days. BUUUT, my meal prep is done for the most part and I've got my lunch ready to go. Whew! I've got turkey tacos for my main meal for a few days and a salad with a protein at night for the next few evenings.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @cassandraw, I'm sorry to hear that about your main friendship. PBut stepping away from a friendship that's been in place for a very long time can be hard to do. And like Jessica said, sometimes friendships can be there for a season. You have said you've gotten really bad vibes from the new husband, our bodies have a way of letting us know when something or even so.e one isn't right. This might be the time for you to get out and find new friends or activities 🤔 in the mean time. Help to adjust to a new new so to speak. You've got to take care of you...it's just not a physical journey but also one for your mental, emotional, and can be a spiritual journey as well.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Username: kcpond
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 239.9
    CW: 237

Oops, I forgot to log my weight from last week.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @CasandraW - There’s no need to apologize for a long post. This is our space to support and encourage one another and we are all welcome to engage as much - or as little (but I hope as “much”) as it feels right/ comfortable. Of course, I’m the queen of long posts so others may feel differently … but here goes my long reply ! 😬

I’m sorry your friend has been so distant after years of sharing a close relationship. It seems natural to me that you are experiencing strong feelings of grief and loss about the change in your friendship. If you think you need to say “goodbye” in order to have a sense of closure, I think it’s a valid response.

As @jessicakrall8 noted, if you feel you need to step away in order to take care of yourself, especially if you think it’s a toxic relationship, then that makes complete sense. I’m not sure if it would help to think through some “dialogue” scenarios.

Are you planning to talk to your estranged friend or do you prefer to just let the friendship run it’s course?

If she were my friend, I think I would try to arrange a time to meet in person, if possible. It’s definitely common for people to adjust their rhythm of interaction with friends when they enter a marriage or committed partnership, but it sounds as though you suspect her new husband might be isolating her. In that case, I like your idea to “leave the door open” in case she needs help. I’d probably keep up some low level or interaction - like a holiday or birthday card once a year - to keep the lines of communication open in case she is in danger of any future abuse.

I also agree with you that she is probably facing some additional challenges, since she had to close her business due to the downturn of the economy. If you want closer, you might say something like — I’ve been reaching out to you because I miss the way we used to talk more regularly about personal subjects that felt special to us. You said I was “your person” and I felt that way, too. Even our shared connection about things like that line from Grey’s Anatomy made me smile and think of you. I know you’ve experienced a lot of life changes, and maybe our relationship doesn’t feel as important to you as it once did. It hurts, but I can understand it, and it would help me to know so I can step away to process the loss and move on.

In the last year, I feel as though our exchanges have become more perfunctory and superficial. Sometimes I feel you’re trying to keep some kind of connection going but I actually feel sad when I get a quick Happy Mother’s Day greeting but we don’t talk more deeply about our lives. Even though I can appreciate it, I don’t want to have my hopes of reigniting our easy friendship of the past — dashed again. So, I just thought I’d try to make a solid plan one last time …

Is it possible for us to commit to some type of regular interaction like a weekly phone call or periodic weekend away [or something else that would work for you @CasandraW]?

I know this is ridiculously long but I got the feeling you were asking for a conversation starter. Feel free to take anything useful and ignore the rest! Best wishes and I hope you’ll keep us updated on how things are going — whether to help process the loss and move on, or work on any next steps in repairing the relationship. Take care! ❤️‍🩹

This discussion has been closed.