WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    Can I have some recommendations please? On-demand virtual Yoga training for somebody who hates Yoga...

Another vote for Yoga with Adriene from me. She has a very calming and patient air about her.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - what an accomplishment! That's basically a marathon on a bike. :flushed: Thank you for sharing!

I love that you and Brad exercise together. When my husband and I were dating, we did a lot of hiking and camping. Just before the wedding, we were both doing a functional fitness class similar to CrossFit together. Then, right after we got married (eight years last month) all of the joint exercise stopped. So, we both have now gained a lot of weight, but I seem to be the only one with the drive and motivation to do something about it. ... I didn't mean to make this about me. I just wanted to say how lucky you are to have a partner joining you and that it makes me really happy to see. :smiley:
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    And I'm also on the 'I hate yoga' boat. Tried a few live classes but found it too 'boring'... So I found other ways to move. I know yoga is good for us but if we don't enjoy it, we're hardly going to stick to it, in my opinion anyway
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Thanks again all

@MaddawgMadsen
    Yes, you are absolutely right that it's lovely to have a partner with a joint interest in exercise. Sometimes we can also have a joint interest in other not so healthy pursuits. We have a lot of fun together and we sometimes get wrapped up in too much celebration and not enough hard work. But he is extremely supportive and we do bring out the best in one another so I'm thankful for that.

@Pearl4686
    I definitely think signing up for an event can be super motivating. Even if you think the full marathon isn't your speed right now, a shorter distance might be exactly the goal you need. It's fun to train when it's for something, for me at least!

Well the weather here in Kelowna is still warm but there were clouds keeping the intensity of the heat to a minimum. I am at over 12K steps from exploring their downtown.. lots of fun. I will weigh in tomorrow @jugar but it's a scary vacation weigh-in.. you know how my body reacts to that! But, I don't think I've skipped a weigh in for any reason.. it's just how it goes.

Brad is doing another Gran Fondo in September so while I'm not in that event I think it will be jointly motivating for us to get our heads in the right place for the next couple of months. That's the hope at least!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Well done @ashleycarole86 and Brad!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    And I'm also on the 'I hate yoga' boat. Tried a few live classes but found it too 'boring'... So I found other ways to move. I know yoga is good for us but if we don't enjoy it, we're hardly going to stick to it, in my opinion anyway

This. 100%. Yoga is boring, in my opinion. More power to those who enjoy it, but I doubt it will ever be my thing.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune I'm impressed - 35lb goblet squats! I remember being thrilled with myself when I was doing 35lb renegade rows :smiley: It's a magic number. And your nutritionist is right. Losing weight while enjoying life events is a big win. (I'm not sure that work trips are enjoyed or just lived through, but you get the idea!)

Jasper and I had a fantastic long trail ride this morning with a lovely mare and her owner. Jasper was a genius! He really did well. I was worried he might be rushy or annoying (mare on the brain...) but he was wonderful. We'll definitely do this more now that we know how well we all get along.

@DD265 smart move to add in some yoga (or anything else!) besides your PT to offset all the sitting, meetings, and stress of work. I hope you find one you really like!

Big thunderstorm and no power here at the moment - I'll send this off when the internet comes back :neutral:

• 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a day late @jugar

Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 140.8
    CW: 141.6

Not my best efforts this week. We had guests staying over last weekend and that meant 3 days of barbecues, drinking, and lots of treats. I did try to show some moderation but have been finding it hard to 'care' much this week. All good up to about 5pm then discipline goes out of the window. I have been doing well at getting back into my exercise regime with 5 mile walks in the mornings and strength training 4 days in a row. We have had a wet July in the UK and it's getting wetter, so getting out and being active has been tricky. So all in all I'm glad we enjoyed the barbecues and family time last weekend, as it's probably the last chance we'll get until mid August, going by the forecast! (Typical brit, always moaning about the weather!)
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 192.4

I’m relieved to see I stayed around the same as last week. I had a birthday party for two friends last Saturday where I enjoyed some BBQ chicken, veggies, and cornbread. I had a couple of lower ABV alcohol drinks, and a few sweet treats (ice cream and cake yum!)

We went out last night and saw the new Wes Anderson movie, Asteroid City, with some friends and my husband and I split a medium popcorn and had water. What an interesting movie! We all agreed it was “the most Wes Anderson movie out of all of his movies.” We also got two cookies before the movie, and split them too and they were heavenly! Mine was banana pudding and my husband’s was a coffee cake cookie.

This morning I have a spin class that I’m glad I kept on my calendar and didn’t cancel, despite staying up a little later than I normally do. Tonight, we’re celebrating my husband’s birthday to go one of his favorite restaurants. I already saw they have a shaved brussel sprouts salad which sounds so yummy, so hoping he’ll split that with me as an appetizer.

Saturday, a friend and I are going to hang out virtually to do a workout together, and then I am meeting other friends to go to a pond. We have these flies that like to hang out at beaches that we call “greenheads” and they are rampant at the beach we wanted to go to, so we figure a pond will be better. We’re thinking it’ll be a picnic dinner at the pond, so I’ll be packing something that is healthy and travel friendly.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in

PW 91.7
    CW 91.5

I would have liked a bit more but didn't make the best food choices all of the time, so that's probably the reason. I was hoping that a good swim and a toning class I went to this week would mitigate the damage but clearly not quite enough. Happy to go in the downwards direction....even if very slow
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    PW 192.4
    CW 191.6

Happy with this number as popcorn was overindulged on last night post-hockey game. So salty and so evil/yummy. It is my kryptonite.

supposed to be rainy most of the weekend so I will do my best to carve out time to meal plan so I can be more on target with eating. French fries in the air fryer are sometimes too easy when I haven't planned ahead.

• MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @micki48 I too am an ice cream oholic. It is so tasty! Learning to say no to it is HARD! But, with time and practice I hear it can get easier.

@jugar I am glad Jasper did well on the ride even with the mare there. Also, happy for you that the power came back on. Thunderstorms are incredible.

@wishfuljune way to go keeping with your scheduled spin class! I had one this morning at 5:30 and it was very tough to get myself there. I'm actually a little surprised I didn't fall back asleep on the bike during our warm up :lol:

Summer has proven to be a tougher time to start calorie counting than I thought it would be. I'm glad to know that others are in the same boat. We're here for each other and that makes it a little easier.
This discussion has been closed.