Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    How's the weather where you are today? Extreme heat warnings? Thunderstorms?

Given your answer to the above questions, what extra steps are you taking to stay hydrated and cool?

Take care,
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Zaxa2021, @JScottJr1988, and @CasandraW! Nice work leading the way for our Shape Shifter team. Keep up the good work!

@izzyred9400 - How fun to return to your hometown for the carnival and parade! It’s so nice to have traditional events to share with family and childhood neighbors and friends. I’m sure it must help keep a sense of community connection! ❤️

@Jlswensen - I guess you did something right to see a loss this week! You seem to really reflect well on what worked and didn’t work so I’m sure you’ll make adjustments and continue to make progress towards achieving your goal. 👍🏼

@JScottJr1988 - It sounds as though your cross fit training is going well. That’s quite a commitment from what I’ve heard from friends who participate. I think cross fit programs often have certain dietary guidelines to follow, too — Is that true for your gym?

@Pupowl - Thanks for sharing the photos! The round puzzle looks especially fun to me. Our family sometimes finishes puzzles together on vacation so I’ll look forward to whatever options they have at the house where we’re staying.

@Cyncia85 - Yikes — Tornado season 😱 Stay safe!

@nancyinmo - Hang in there! You’ve had a lot of changes in your life so your body might need to catch up. It takes a long time to lose even a small amount as you move toward your goal weight. I hope you can give yourself grace. If you are like most of us, any extra stress can cause more harm than good. Of course, it also gets us out of bed in the morning so it’s not ALL bad if it’s motivating to you. Sorry for my unsolicited comments but it sounds as though you’re doing well from what I’ve seen — nancyinmiami?! 😉

Thanks for all your work to prepare the weekly challenges for all the F2F teams on top of all the tasks you and @pupowl already handle for the Shape Shifters @jessicakrall8!

Congratulations on all the steps to all of you who participate!

• Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

Given your answer to the above questions, what extra steps are you taking to stay hydrated and cool?

Take care,
    Jessica

Extreme heat, for me. The high today is 118° F and the low is around 90° here in Arizona. We're just avoiding going outside right now. But I have my half gallon water bottle that I try to get through at least twice a day.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options

Take care,
    Jessica

It was raining earlier today so I worked on some household projects indoors. It’s common to have central air conditioning here in northern Virginia, which is different from where I grew up in Boston. Now that the sun is not as hot, I’m going to a restaurant for dinner with my husband and then I have a soccer game at 7pm. I’m going to stick with something light so I don’t feel too full to play. Since it’s only an off season ‘pick up’ game, and not our regular team event, I can skip the game at the last minute, if needed. For now, I’m planning to go, even if I’m late, because it’s just a relaxed schedule. When I get home, I’ll enjoy a refreshing shower!

Thanks for the reminder to bring plenty of water with me!

I hope you can stay cool @Zaxa2021. That’s hot 🥵!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Cyncia1028 weigh-in

PW: 217.4 lbs
    CW: 217.0 lbs

And Steps for Sat July 15 = 16,150 steps
    This is steps plus a bike ride with some brutal hills
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/11 6648
    7/12 10,028
    7/13 10,193
    7/14 2,192
    7/15 12,272
    7/16 1,162

Weight—
    PW 176.4
    CW 180.1

I’m frustrating. I wasn’t nearly as diligent about my steps this week. I also wasn’t consistent on recording my food. This weekend we had two barbecues and well I ate. I didn’t eat 4# worth (for 1week) but salt definitely helped that increase. So, today I was diligent about food diary and I went for two long walks.

As my friend told me today it’s not a sprint but a marathon. It’s hard for sure. My lifestyle is still pretty sedentary other than my 10,000 steps. I would like to start weights too. It seems like if I go over my 12,700 calorie goal, I gain weight. It’s a hard number to maintain but clearly my body doesn’t need that much bc as soon as I add more the weight just comes on. It’s just frustrating!
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job @Zaxa2021 that’s so awesome!! Keep up the hard work!!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I'm going to wait a couple of days to weigh in...I'm having swelling in my ankles and left knee due to my walking and the high temps/humidity. If I don't see anything come off by Thursday, I'll let you know. Thanks! Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal , ty. Ty. I'm always excited to go see my love. And I so hope that we can afford this house and get it.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    I love the pretty mushrooms @pupowl! I’ve been seeing some interesting shaped ones while walking to the park and walking through my yard.

When I saw the fun colors in your puzzle, it reminded me of the little ’fairy’ doors and houses one of my neighbors makes. There’s an old article in the Washington Post about how it lifted spirits during the pandemic isolation phase here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/11/26/fairy-doors-pandemic-delray/

I think anyone can view this article but, in case there’s a firewall for non-subscribers, here’s a more local article:

https://thezebra.org/2020/06/11/the-fairy-houses-of-del-ray/

My cousins’ two youngest children really enjoyed hunting for fairies on our walk to a local playground. I love seeing all the photos that our Shape Shifter team members post from walks, too.

What do you all look forward to seeing on your walks? Let us know what motivates you, or just makes you feel good, and feel free to add pictures!

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/16: 13,842
    Mon 7/17: 22,411
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

What do you all look forward to seeing on your walks? Let us know what motivates you, or just makes you feel good, and feel free to add pictures!

My boys are my motivation to go on walks. They spend a lot of time inside right now, due to the weather, so I try to get them out at least for a little bit in the morning. It's only fair to them. Slightly older pics of them included just because.

x2rryvjzwq9o.jpg

2l84wodxbcmm.jpg

• nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I really appreciated your comments—thank you. What you said actually made a lot of sense. Yes, there is a LOT going on and so many changes: retirement, moving to Miami, becoming a Jazzercise instructor, teaching multiple classes a week and learning new routines, and overall feeling very bittersweet and torn about leaving Missouri. Missouri was never home for me: I’m a native New Yorker, a city girl, if you will, but we’ve been here for a little more than 20 years and I had an amazing career here, found wonderful friends, and raised a child here. So it’s been emotional saying goodbye. Excited? Definitely. But also a little sad. There’s also all the anxiety that comes with moving to a brand new place where we don’t know anyone or where anything is (obviously I did it before, but it’s still scary). So yes, I will take your advice and try to give myself some grace. I haven’t been this fit since my 30s, and I will work on appreciating that more. Thank you for helping me see that more clearly. ❤️
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    We are missing 3 weigh ins this week!
    @Walela617
    @cortexarticle8797 2x
    @SavageMrsMoose
    Please check in asap, thank you.

Hello! I reached my goal weight last week. Do I need to keep posting or am I on reserve now?

Had a fight with a nasty stomach bug last week and weight has been up and down, but currently back at 135 - my goal weight.

This discussion has been closed.