Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    My Fitbit broke forever so no step tracking until I get a replacement. Trying to decide what to do. I have a Google phone so I wanted to try the Google watch but apparently the watch doesn't hold a charge long. The Fitbit is affordable but since Google bought Fitbit they seem to be phasing out parts of it... Not sure if it will go away entirely eventually.

Anyone have a tracker or smart watch that they love?

I absolutely love my fitbit versa.... Also if you want to you can use this formula for your steps until you get a new tracker... 100 x minutes

I had a similar problem. My Fitbit died a few months ago -- it literally fell apart. Since it had been my 4th Fitbit I began looking around for something a little more reliable. I have an Apple watch which seems to track steps well, but as you found with the Google watch, it loses it charge after about a day of wearing it. I also have a problem in that I do not have an Apple phone. Apple does not share any of their data so I have to physically write down my daily step count.

My wife has a Samsung Watch to go with her Samsung phone. She seems to like it and it tracks her steps well. Again, however, the data if proprietary to Samsung Health so I do not know if she could share it with other apps. She recharges her watch every night so I cannot tell you how the battery is.

Hope this helps. I too am frustrated because I found that Fitbit is the most universally accepted format with other apps but quality/life span leaves much to be desired. I am also unhappy with what Google is doing to the Fitbit app and services as of late and am thinking we users may soon be left high and dry with another device with tightly controlled data (i.e. that can only be used by google watches/phones).

I hope to hear what others are doing.

@rwillems
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    PW-219.8
    CW-219.2
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    7/9-4234
    7/10-11442
    7/11-7656
    7/12-4425
    7/13-7002
    7/14-9451
    7/15-8431
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

aactuallyaash
    7/9 2389
    7/15 3086

Thanks!
  • miltop53
    miltop53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    miltop53 wrote: »
    My steps:

7/13:10,121
    7/14:11,108

Have a great weekend everyone...

I had posted them.....
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    1. What have you done well so far this month?
    So far this month I have developed the habit of adding a fiber supplement at least 5 times a week!

2. What changes can you make in the last 2 weeks?

Walk, walk, walk, my friends! It's finally concert season, the plan is to utilize public transportation and walk EVERYWHERE!

3. Do you have any NSVs to share?

Self confidence with boundary settings for my food pushers!
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

PW 80.5
    CW 81.2
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Steps

9/7 - 17,729
    10/7 - 12,525
    11/7 - 10,024
    12/7 - 10,978
    13/7 - 8,465
    14/7 - 11,302
    15/7 - 15,384
  • miltop53
    miltop53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pw:254.7
    Cw:253.4

My Steps-10,077
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options

My Steps-10,077

👏🏽👏🏽
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 536.2
    CW - 534.6

Down 1.6. Smaller loss than I am used to, but I am insanely grateful. I am still sticking to the plan and not eating things that would derail me, so I am assuming I am just headed towards a plateau. Right now, as long as the scale is trending in the right direction, I am happy.

Much love yall!

Exercise! Awful word! The secret is to try and find something you like to do! I took up swimming 3 times a week, its brilliant as you're weightless in the water. Later i took up photography ... of birds .... which got me out walking! Forget the gym for now ... find something you love to do!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    PW 175.8
    CW 174.4

Yes! I lost weight on vacation. I knew I wasn’t overeating but I was a little worried that I might see some weight gain from flying and the inflammation. Hopefully my blood test on Monday gives some answers and I can go back on my rheumatoid arthritis medication.

That's brilliant Linda! Have you set you goal weight yet? I'm happy in the 180s but id love to get to 100lb loss (176lb). That last 10lb is a battle! I'm hoping to stay around the mid 180s over the summer (just to hot to move in southern Spain) then when i get back in the rv in September, have a real go at losing that last 10lb!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options

Questions;

Good question. I can think of plenty of fails but so hard to be positive! Well I've maintained with minimum exercise which is a plus!

Refocus my eating and up my swimming

A friend messaged me to say she couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost off my back after seeing me in my swimming costume!

• Slimmersixties
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Good morning fellow Downsizers, and a good morning it is. I finally got that scale to move downward! LOL! Hopefully this is a start of a trend.

User name: rwillems
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 286.2 lbs
    CW: 283.2 lbs.

Until next week, happy logging!

Great loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,597 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    My Fitbit broke forever so no step tracking until I get a replacement. Trying to decide what to do. I have a Google phone so I wanted to try the Google watch but apparently the watch doesn't hold a charge long. The Fitbit is affordable but since Google bought Fitbit they seem to be phasing out parts of it... Not sure if it will go away entirely eventually.

Anyone have a tracker or smart watch that they love?

I use an Apple Watch. The downside of the Apple Watch is it needs to be charged often. I now have a habit of charging my watch when I use the heating pad and tens machine each night. So if you set a time to charge the google watch each day it will become a habit. Also, the Apple Watch charges fast.
    @lindamtuck2018

Good morning fellow Downsizers, and a good morning it is. I finally got that scale to move downward! LOL! Hopefully this is a start of a trend.

User name: rwillems
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 286.2 lbs
    CW: 283.2 lbs.

Until next week, happy logging!

Congrats on the loss! What do you think helped the scale move?

As you know, we have been away at our Summer home since June. Nice thing with having a place like this is that the family (children, grandchildren, etc) like to come and visit. Unfortunately, it also means ice cream, donuts, s'mores, grabbing something to eat at the beach, etc. I can not think of anything worse for dieting, for me, then to be faced continuously with such goodies. Even with tracking (which may not be 100% factual) there are just too many calories added each day.

Most of our company has gone and I have been back on religiously tracking and got back to my wife and I taking morning walks with the dog. For me, if I want to lose weight; (1) do not have the temptations easily accessible, (2) track, track, track your eating. When you have reached your target, or better before reaching your target, --- STOP EATING, and (3) even a simple 1/2 hour walk before breakfast each day can make a big difference. I do not eat breakfast before going out and when I return, I find my "ravishing" morning hunger is gone.

It seems to work for me. Hope this helps.
    Rick

It is harder for me when my grandkids are around. I have started not having treats ever time they are over. This makes my daughter happier also. I always keep microwaveable popcorn on hand. It’s not my favourite thing to eat so I usually avoid it. Right now I have a ton of ice cream treats in my deep freezer. We got them for free with our groceries. I took a couple and put them in the fridge freezer. The rest are at the bottom of the deep freezer and will be sent home with my granddaughter on Thursday. Maybe finding treats the kids like but you don’t care for can help. I also do this with my husband. He is not allowed to bring chips home as I will devour them.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-219.8
    CW-219.2

Nice loss!
    So far this month I have developed the habit of adding a fiber supplement at least 5 times a week!

Walk, walk, walk, my friends! It's finally concert season, the plan is to utilize public transportation and walk EVERYWHERE!

Self confidence with boundary settings for my food pushers!

Setting boundaries with food pushers is something I really need to work on. I found this one hard when in Newfoundland as everyone wants you to eat.

My Steps-10,077

Congrats on the loss!

PW 175.8
    CW 174.4

Yes! I lost weight on vacation. I knew I wasn’t overeating but I was a little worried that I might see some weight gain from flying and the inflammation. Hopefully my blood test on Monday gives some answers and I can go back on my rheumatoid arthritis medication.

That's brilliant Linda! Have you set you goal weight yet? I'm happy in the 180s but id love to get to 100lb loss (176lb). That last 10lb is a battle! I'm hoping to stay around the mid 180s over the summer (just to hot to move in southern Spain) then when i get back in the rv in September, have a real go at losing that last 10lb!

I can’t figure it out. To be in the normal weight range I would have to lose down to 140 pounds. I can’t imagine being that low. I definitely want to lose to 100 pounds lost which is about 12 pounds. This would put me at 162. Still overweight though. I am hoping I can get back swimming regularly and ton e up some. I guess at my next diabetic check, I will ask the doctor what she thinks.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 10,165
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 2/4

Yesterday, I did laps and some cardio exercises. I did not exercise as long as the day before but it was moderate as opposed to leisurely. No pool today as I have 2 doctors appointments. I have my injections this morning which I am hoping will help with the pain allowing me to walk more. Hopefully, the rheumatologist will give me a new medication this afternoon. Just got to be positive and keep my fingers crossed.

I don’t think I mentioned all the compliments I got on my weight loss when I was in Newfoundland. I hadn’t seen a few people in 2 years because of having COVID last year. It felt good. Maybe next year I will be at my goal weight. Wouldn’t that be something.

Have a great Tuesday!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,870 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/9-8071
    7/10-8431
    7/11-8943
    7/12-11486
    7/13-5797
    7/14-9347
    7/15-8100