Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Cooler temps and better air quality. Went to TOPS and lost 1.75 lbs! Also we had our elections and I did not get leader or co-leader. Less learned only stand for on position. I was a little disappointed but in the long run I think it'll will be better for me to not have that extra stress. I will still keep some of my duties as the leader has asked me to. I will be able to concentrate on me more. This afternoon I visited with some friends.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day despite not sleeping as well! As I couldn't sleep I got up about a half hour early. This led to my walk being earlier than usual. Than came home and read has Hubby was still sleeping. Got a call from a friend about Hubby going fishing and I got to go to. So had a quick breakfast and got ready to leave. I don't fish but it gives me time to get more walking, and reading done. Hubby caught 3 tiny fish, 1 friend caught one tiny one, and the other caught a tiny one and a nice big one which he took home. We had been gone for only a couple hours. When I got home did some exercises then had lunch. Hubby and I played a couple games of Skipbo. After I did my shoulder workout but only got one set done as Hubby fell asleep and he is my anchor for my exercises. I am so tired did end up taking a nap. Hoping to get a walk in tomorrow before the rain starts.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

A storm just moved through here. We need the rain but with how hard it came down the farmer's won't be happy. I could barely see the house across the street. Anyways today has been a very busy and productive day. The nap yesterday backfired as I knew it would. Was up early again this morning. Went for my walk and ended up walking with another lady for part of it. She gave me the best compliment I have had ever. Usually people think I am older than I am but she thought I was 37. After walk I had breakfast and did all my workouts. Then walked to the bank, and a couple of stores. When I left the grocery store I decided my stuff was to heavy to carry home and not hurt my shoulder. Should have taken the cart but didn't so opted to take a cab. Also did dishes and laundry, and played Skipbo with Hubby. We each usually win at least one game. Now for all my check-ins and relaxation.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another great and productive day. Got my walk and all exercise done this morning. Also did laundry, dishes and some cleaning of Hubby's closet. We also played cribbage and each won a game. Then did some reading. A little more of a slower day.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another beautiful day. Walk and exercise was done this morning. Got dishes, cleaning and some laundry done. Also played Skipbo and Yahtzee with Hubby and did some reading. Otherwise a very relaxing afternoon.

Connie
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hello!

@CSEGUIN2 Maybe strive for next year's meetings leadership?

Myself? The websites that I work on mostly drove me nuts. So, at the end of June, I got a new opportunity! I absolutely love it! Then, just last week, I was given a sub-section of the website for my cookbook reviews!

I believe that everyone should learn how to cook and bake. I believe that even children should.

I choose cookbooks with recipes that require easy-to-find ingredients, cheap ingredients, and easy to prepare.

So, I have got to get going on those cookbook reviews!

Attached are photos of my lunch and dinner.

Lunch? grill cheese, potato chips, diet Sunkist and a mocha

Dinner? mac and cheese, potato chips and a diet Sunkist

f5fmo3a38yyb.jpg

ekmsf3ficp48.jpg

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal - will definitely run for either co-leader or leader next year if I'm nominated. Congrats on the new opportunities.

Today started out as a nice day. We did end up with some rain in the afternoon but then the sun came back out. Went to Church and had great fellowship. After I got home I changed and then went for my walk. In the afternoon I had a meeting. My plan when I got home was to do my exercises and dishes. But only got the dishes done. Just didn't have the energy to get my workouts done. Tomorrow I get to go and clean paint off of vinal wood floors.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has definitely been a busy one. Got my walk and workouts done this morning. Also went to work for a client scrubbing paint drops off the floor. He thought it would only take a half hour. LoL I worked for about 3 hours and still have 3 bedrooms and 2 other rooms to do. It was way worse than he led me to believe. Back at it tomorrow plus he wants to scrub windows and siding outside from the cement that splattered when they put down the sidewalks. Can we say shoulder pain. Also did dishes and laundry. Tomorrow is TOPS in the morning before going to work after lunch. Not sure if the scale will be nice but will take whatever it says.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very hot and humid day. We have a heat warning in effect. It's also been a very frustrating day. To start the scale at TOPS was not kind to me and said I gained 2.5 lbs. That puts me at a gain for the month even though it's not a big one. I am so tired of the up and down. Then the TOPS member who is taking over as co-leader told me that when she comes back in a couple weeks that I will explain her responsibilities. She also told me what she isn't going to do. Well asking me would have been better but whatever. I had to learn as I went. Then I find out later in the afternoon that the job I was supposed to do today wasn't going to happen. Of course no heads up till hours after I was supposed to start. So that threw my whole day off. I ended up having a true rest day of doing nothing but reading, dishes from last night and a bit of laundry. No motivation to do anything else and Hubby slept all afternoon. So tomorrow morning I am supposed to do the work that was planned for today but not holding my breath. Every time the guy does this I don't end up finishing the job. If I didn't need the money I would have told him to take a hike long ago. I have also decided that if he actually wants me to clean the airbnb unit he is going to be signing a contract with me so I can hold him to it better and it's going to have a stipulation that if I get screwed in anyway to never come looking for help from me again. I am getting very tired of his games and don't have time for them.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been hot. A storm or more have been moving through some with tornado warnings. The warning has now been dropped. Anyways, no work today. Client never contacted me. I had a feeling this was going to happen so just stuck with my morning routine and figured worse case scenario I would put my plans on hold if he contacted me. Got my walk and all workouts done, did dishes, and laundry this morning. After lunch did some reading, played Skipbo with Hubby, and crushed beer cans. Tomorrow my day will be off as I am going with Hubby to his Drs. appointment. But plan to get my exercise done before and after. We'll see if I stick to the plan.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started out cloudy but the sun finally came out this morning. Got my walk and workouts done. Didn't go with Hubby to his appointment as I refused to take a cab and waste so much money when the bus takes there. So got dishes, laundry, the sheet on the couch changed and cleaned and decluttered a drawer in the kitchen. After lunch played a couple games of Skipbo with Hubby and read. Very happy with what I got done even if I wanted to get a few other things done. From the storms yesterday we had a few branches from the tree next door come down in our yard but nothing major. My client across the ally had a tree come down. Haven't heard from the other client so figure he's doing the work himself or had someone else do it.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a hot one even though it is mostly cloudy. Any rain has missed us so far today. Got my walk and workouts done. Also did dishes, laundry and some cleaning in the kitchen. In the afternoon played a couple of games of Skipbo with Hubby. Also am getting some reading done for my rests.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday a storm moved through shortly after I posted. It even had hail. Other storms moved through during the night but nothing major. Went for a short walk this morning as it started to rain and didn't want to get soaked if it started to pour. Also ran errands with Hubby this morning. This afternoon I made rhubarb crisp, did dishes and played a couple of games of Skipbo with Hubby. No real exercise. Hope to get some in tomorrow and make up some from today after Church.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a beautiful day and cooler. Went to Church and had a great fellowship. Then went for my walk and then did wall push-ups and calf raises. After lunch got ready and went to a baby shower for a friend from Church. It was such a great time. I even won a prize.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a beautiful day. Did my walk and exercises (most of them). Also did dishes, laundry went grocery shopping (yes I took my cart this time), read and also cut the front lawn. Tomorrow is TOPS but is supposed to mainly be weigh-in as we are having our TOPS picnic after.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a mostly cloudy, smokey sky day. Didn't start out the month well with a gain this morning. I need to do something to change this frustrating trend. Today was our TOPS picnic and yes I ate very well (not necessarily all healthy). But also had a great time visiting with some of the members as I don't get to do that before meetings. Had a plan for when I got home but didn't follow through with it. Instead spent the afternoon reading. Tomorrow's plan is to get back to it. I know I can do this I just have to do it. Also need to cut the back lawn. I have been thinking about different things I can do to get me going in the right direction and stay in that direction. Now the trick is to follow through with the changes.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a smoke hazey day but beautiful otherwise. I got up with the decision to be serious about making changes. So I went for my walk, and then prepared my breakfast for this morning and the next several days as I have been putting it off for several weeks. After breakfast I did my planned exercises and hung laundry on the line. That was all completed by 11 am. I then did dishes and relaxed by reading. After a healthy lunch I cut the back lawn. So glad that job is done for a couple weeks. I also have started more laundry and did some more reading. There are a couple other things I wanted to get done but chose to do them another day. I am good at procrastination and just glad it wasn't with exercise. Tomorrow after my workouts I am taking the bus to grab a couple this from the store. One is a new note book. I have decided it's time to start writing out my daily check list again as that seemed to work really well to keep me on track. I liked seeing everything marked off at the end of the day. I am also slowly working on planning my meals for the day ahead as this use to work as well. We'll see if it still works.

Connie
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    (3) twelve packs of sparkling water for a total of $13.87 at Walmart! My favorite! Pineapple Coconut!

mfioigjzo48h.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day but hot! Completed all my planned exercises. Also got my 3in1 oil and my note book for my daily check list. Got today's written out when I got home and started marking off what's already done. Got alot done but there will be things that don't get done. Got to start somewhere. Also played a couple games of Skipbo with Hubby and lost both. But I know he was holding cards more than he has been. Whatever makes him feel better about himself. I did take some time to visit with friends. Next is planning for tomorrow so I can check more off my list.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another great day. Got my workouts done and that includes doing a third set of my core and lower body workout. Also did dishes, dusted a shelving unit, laundry, played 2 games of Skipbo with Hubby (I won both this time), visited with a friend and made Cheerio square with chocolate on top.

Connie