WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in update time! A couple more Wednesdays to come in, and the Thursdays are next -
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @asmallerlea
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @conleywoods

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 204
    CW 206.2
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Two strengths of my current eating patterns are: 1. I am gluten intolerant so avoiding certain bad foods is really easy for me. 2. I have a pretty set routine that is easy to stick to when I am at home.

#2 leads me to a weakness - no pattern when my schedule changes. I tend to overeat, drink, and make poorer choices overall when my schedule changes. Like when I travel.

Another weakness is that my normal weekly pattern doesn't leave a lot of room for any indulgences which can make me way overindulge on the weekends.

The last weakness would be my instigator husband. I love him and he is happy that I am doing what I need for my health, but he regularly asks me if I want beer, ice cream, or unhealthy meals because we didn't have time to prep nor the energy to cook. I can only turn him down so many times before I give in.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    PW 244.4
    CW 244.2
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @jugar weighing in a day early here if you don't mind! I will be out of town for a few days starting tonight.

PW: 282.7
    CW: 281.0

Hope I have my prior weight right, because 1.7 lbs feels great for this week! I did start a medication for binge-eating and I think it is working? I definitely don't feel any effects from the stimulant component - no jitters or jolt of energy and still yawning in the afternoon, which my sister (a neurobiologist who works as a medical writer these days) says is a pretty clear sign that I have ADHD, as people with ADHD don't feel big effects from stimulants, if at all. However, I think I have noticed an effect from the appetite suppression component. Not as hungry in the morning or by lunch. Of course, the med does wear off by dinnertime so I've been pretty much on target for calories. And still getting good movement in - just did a 15 min butt-focused resistance band workout before I start packing up and loading the car.

Caught up on our posts here as well and we have a lot of renewal going on it seems!

This weekend is a big family reunion I have been planning since January and it was a ton of work but happy it is finally here. I am a total spreadsheet nerd so I was delighted to set up yet another tab in my master file for the weekend, focused on who bought what items for our shared meals and activities, and who owes who what.

Didn't have a great week with my foot/tendonitis though. Wish I could figure it out/have more time to just not walk for a few days? But really, how would that be possible.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    wqnysqzns2lk.jpg

I made it to my yoga class in the forest this morning. We had our class out on the verandah. It was so lovely to be practising out in the sun, listening to the forest. So restorative.

@Gidgitgoescrzy thanks for the heads up on the joys of having a puppy in your life. Hubby and I are vacillating between deciding on a puppy or a young dog from a rescue home. I think we'll go for a rescue dog, just like our dearly departed Edie.

@Antonia2050 We have been aghast at the current news coverage showing the tragic fires engulfing your gorgeous island. I hope you are keeping safe.

@EvMakesChanges Your volunteering work, delivering meals is wonderful. It is sad to know that it is necessary. My husband volunteers for our local foodbank too.

Bed beckons.

Night night all.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Quite the news fest! It is great to hear about all the things, from puppies to dietary reflections to migraines. And yoga in the forest wearing spectacular leggings. Watch out, though @Kali225 - now that I know you are a spreadsheet whiz, I may enlist you for help sometimes! I'll bet your well-planned family reunion will be a blast this weekend.

So let's get ready for the big Friday weigh-in day! Here it is - including a couple that have not come in yet from pre-Friday:
    @asmallerlea
    @39flavours (missing you! please check in if possible)
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Pearl4686
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Antonia2050 (hoping you're OK and nowhere near the fires :heart: )

Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen I hear you on that instigator. My motto is 'I have enough willpower for one person, I don't have it for two!' it's so hard not to give in, and when they hit you with those sighs or puppy dog eyes when you say 'you go ahead, but I don't want any' so then they feel guilty... Ohh the joys.

Hockey tonight was good, but I tweaked my thumb a few times so that wasn't wise. I'm wearing the brace my physio recommended to restrict movement of the joint thats out of alignment but some of those ladies were very firm on their sticks tonight and I tried to keep up.

I've upped my fibre, drank a reasonable amount of water, didn't go out after the game for popcorn n beer but I did bake and consume cupcakes for my upcoming birthday this weekend. Minor overindugences have happened this week but most of the damage will happen after my weigh in tomorrow and I will turn the wagon back around Sunday and rein it back in by next week, I swear.

@micki48 I like the idea of adding foods instead restricting, it's finding high volume low calorie things you like to add in that can slowly push out those other items that can trigger overconsumption. So smart!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW:222
    CW:221
This discussion has been closed.