HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• criscra2001
    criscra2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I was just thinking about everyone and hope all is well with you all.
    I am back to square one, it's been a rough year so far but that little voice inside of me got me!
    I need to get back on track!! My clothes are not stretching to accommodate me any longer!! 4rbpkfo875vx.jpeg
    I see you guys have been doing Great!!! Just reading your posts is encouraging!
    Cat, hope you are back to feeling good very soon. I know you are keeping on no matter what!
    Randi & Ann, both of you have done so well, you guys are a great group!!!
    I am on day 2 and feeling the power again. Wish me luck!!!!

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Gerri, I am restarting with you. I quit tracking while i was packing in red meat to try to get my blood count up. Iron supplements made me throw up, so I refused infusions and decided to do it the slow way with iron rich foods. My Hct is up from 8 to almost 10 now, so it is working. I was at 14.5 before surgery, so that it what I need to get back to. Tomorrow I start to track again and take off the 5 pounds I gained and get back to my pre-surgery low point. I am encouraged to see you back, Gerri. I hope more old timers show up to start the journey again with daily check ins.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Starting tomorrow, I will track my calories.
    Starting tomorrow, I will track exercise.
    Starting tomorrow, I will ignore the jar of Hershey kisses my husband put on the kitchen counter😂
    Starting tomorrow, i will not use tiredness from anemia as an excuse to not do the things I need to do to get to a healthier me.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Cat, I'm sorry to hear about the anemia. The fatigue is a bummer, but if I know you, you are powering through. All is well here. I'm looking forward to fall, my favorite season. We were hunkered down in the basement closet the other day as we had tornadoes in RI and MA. In New England, we're used to hurricanes, but tornadoes are a new beast!
    Stay strong.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    20 minutes elliptical
    30 minutes stationary bike
    Whew!
  • rstanford3
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good job, Cat! I walked 7 miles this morning and am trying an AARP Pilates class via Zoom this evening. I'm a Pilates virgin, so wish me luck! :D
    Gerri, it is great to see you back here! <3 You can do this!
    I see Ann's updates in my feed, and she is powering on, even fitting in some running!
  • criscra2001
    Options
    Good evening. I want to thank you for being so kind and welcoming me back to the group!!
    I did good today. Tracking sure make a difference!!! Now, I just need to get my water in.
    I never knew AARP had classes. Sounds like a great idea.
    Cat, I'm sore & tired just reading your post. I am out of shape & gonna have to take it slow.
    Sounds like Ann is doing great also.
    Can't get my Blood Pressure stable so this is something I really need to concentrate on & get back into exercising.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hey Gerri,
    After 15 years on Lisinopril, I developed a nasty side effect and had to go off it. It took 6 months and much trial and error with four different meds before my BP started to come down again. I don’t think there is an overnight fix. Hang in there!

Today I took my three teenager grandsons to a big bookfair 2 1/2 hours away. They are homeschooled and are all big readers. After loading up on books, we went to a Mennonite farm and bought tons of fresh produce. We ate lunch at the farmstand snack bar and headed home. We hit four thrift shops on the way home because the boys love to hunt for treasures. Great day. I tracked nothing, but will be a good girl tomorrow.
  • criscra2001
    Options
    Hello,
    Cat, Lisinopril caused my pancreatitis. It took me years and several bouts of pain to get a doc that was aware. Losartan caused me severe muscle aches at 50 mg. The beta Coreg & propanolol caused me terrible side effects. Now I am going to try something else. Scary.
    I love the thrift stores!!!

So far so good, I'm watching things & no snacking at night. Gotta keep up with my water.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Wow, Gerri. You have been through some really frustrating issues! And still ongoing! I am amazed at your upbeat attitude and you ability to keep hanging on. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Logged calories and exercise today. Ate a bit of peach cobbler hubby made, but counted the calories and stayed in my limit.
    I already messed up this week by not logging yesterday, so next week my goal will be to log every day.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Just popping in to cheer you on. Gerri, I hope the new med(s) agree with your body and bring your blood pressure under control. Cat, I see that you had a good day!
    I bought new curtains for the living room. Then I discovered that I needed to replace the curtain rod. While I was mounting the new brackets, my sun-screened arm touched the mirrored wall leaving an oily splotch. The mirrored wall had to be cleaned. The new rod had to be mounted in a different place than the old one, so I filled the holes left behind when the old brackets and screws were removed. This created a need to repaint the wall. The paint we had was dried up, so I made a trip to the hardware store.
    This is what the living room looks like now. :Ddpbbtb3yh49m.jpg
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Oh I love the stack of books!!! You make me feel right at home. 😊. Is that a windowseat
    In the big bow window? Its lovely!

Physical therapy was killer today, but I get to work on my own now until Sept 12. The exercises take me 90 minutes to get through. I havent figured out how to count any of it on here except for the stationary bike. That’s okay, though. I like knowing I have burned extra calories, even if they don’t show up for credit.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    pfuej460gjoh.jpeg
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Our new addition.
    Meet Eddie Ray
    He is 3 months old
  • rstanford3
    edited August 2023
    Options
    OMG - Eddy Ray is so cute! I saw my MIL today. She is 4 months out from knee replacement and is doing so well. She said she is ready to dance. She went into surgery in good physical shape and is a fanatic about doing her physical therapy, just like you Cat. So if you're not already dancing, you will be soon.
    I didn't have time to work in the living room today, so it is still the chaotic mess that I posted yesterday. The bay window is unfortunately not a window seat. I have loved window seats since I read about them as a child, so our kitchen remodel included an L-shaped window seat. The windows face east and south, so kitty and I sit there on winter mornings watching the sun rise. Also, I haven't counted them all, but I'm pretty sure that there are over well 1000 books in our house. I just checked, and there are 160 of them in my office alone.
    Hope everyone is doing well today!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, we are kindred spirits. I read around 150 books a year. I am on Goodreads or I would never keep track. I have books piled up all over the house. I keep donating boxes of books to the library, but more just seem to show up 😊
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I could have written your last comment, Cat! Happy weekend everyone. Let's make an all-out effort for these two days to stick to our calorie limits and exercise as much as we can.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, i have made an important discovery. The only way i can stick to my calorie limits is by coming here and tracking every single bite. And knowing I need to log exercise makes me more inclined to do it. If I
    Stop daily visits to MFP, the weight creeps back on, I neglect exercise, and I start feeling crappy again. This website is the key to success for me.

Babysitting a 4year old and 3 month old baby todqy. I dont know how to track that as exercise, but believe me it is! I also have them tomorrow.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Randi, i have made an important discovery. The only way i can stick to my calorie limits is by coming here and tracking every single bite. And knowing I need to log exercise makes me more inclined to do it. If I
    Stop daily visits to MFP, the weight creeps back on, I neglect exercise, and I start feeling crappy again. This website is the key to success for me.

Cat, this is unfortunately true for me as well. I have taken a break from logging because I am just plain sick of it. My weight has been pretty stable, but now I'm starting to see an uptick. Exercise is easier for me. I do it religiously. Bottom line: I am recommitted to tracking today. Hope the time with the grands didn't wear you out.
    Gerri, I hope you are still hanging around here. Let us know what we can do to support you.
    I have the living room put back together. The next task is to make some new covers for throw pillows. I've jog-walked 7 miles this morning and will fit in some yoga and weights later. My big challenge for the day is to track every bite and get in my water.
    Good luck everyone!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Got snother infection a few days ago. 4th day on antibiotics and back to exercise today. Whew!!! We all have setbacks on this road but we must never ever give up!