Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,587 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 WOW how exciting for Rich and you! Good luck tomorrow meeting them, I can’t wait to hear about it! Hahaha yes Christmas with a lot of family is a challenge for sure but I bet he’s really excited. Well done on no junk!

@19shmoo69 Sounds like a good reason to go back to carnivore then, good plan! I’ve watched a lot of videos on diets for pain and seems like it’s helped a lot of people.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Beautiful first day!

@maggybd Great article, thanks for sharing! I love seeing before and afters but for me remembering how sick I was prior to losing weight helps me a lot. You don’t need to do anything to stay on the team just continue to post on your weigh-in days.

@trooworld Great first day and I love the half burrito!

Hi friends! Super sleepy but am trying to wait to sleep at bedtime. Usual Saturday here, I lifted weights then went to the farm and separated garlic and bunched some basil then went to the farmer’s market. I went to my neighbor’s for an hour or so and brought her some extra veggies. Yesterday was my 4 year “gotcha” day for my cats, I borrowed a slow feeder from a different neighbor and Jasper loves it so I think that will be his gotcha gift though Asher doesn’t like treats so I need something for him (obviously they have no clue it was a special day!).

Great Day 2 of no junk/gluten
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW 196
    CW 194.2

-1.8 since arriving home on Friday. 🤩
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Time to catch up 🥰

We’ve arrived (have I posted this?) back home (well winter home). It was a rough time for my husband. He was miserable the last couple hours. Now we’re just trying to find a comfortable sleeping position here. He’s up and around but just so broken. Now we need to start making appts for check ups here. My heart breaks for him everyday.

For me, I’m feeling happy to be back on track. Now to get workouts started again. Getting steps in, eating properly. Need to work on water. But I’m happy to be going the right direction.

The kids are back in school. My youngest has her first day back at the new branch of her school. Praying she finds good friends this year or we’ll move her back. Thankful for her to be able to attend private school.

I want to thank everyone for the thoughts, prayers and encouraging words this past month. Thanks for the support even though I have been a ghost. I’m hoping to stay caught up now.

@micaroo4 wow the new family members must be so exciting for Rich. I’m excited to read the updates. Also, you’re amazing with your daily steps. I don’t know how you do it. I feel like I’ve walked my legs right off at 15k. 😂

@Katmary71 Happy Gotcha Day for the kitty cats. I truly admire you veg crops. I need to go out and check our plants and see if anything has survived.

@19shmoo69 you’re doing carnivore. What does your main meal look like daily? Snacks?

@trooworld thanks for all the chips recipes. Those will help many of us.

I’ll be back for more catching up later. I need some sleep.
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Maggybd
    Pw 204.8
    Cw 204.8
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay I don't snack on it. I eat eggs in the morning and ground beef or pork loin for my meals. 4-8 ounces each. To up my fat I eat non melted butter.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,920 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 You can, or if you want to keep it simple, you can just say something about how your day went as far as did you keep to what the challenge is for you. Doesn't have to be complicated, just one sentence even. It's up to you!

@maggybd Hi Maggy! No, you automatically roll over as @Katmary71 said.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Great job, yourself! And Happy Gotcha day to Jasper and Asher, that sounds like a good gift for Jasper! :D

@AmbersWay Way go to! Your poor husband. I am so sorry about his discomfort. Yeah, I am excited to try the chips!

Hi all. Well, yesterday ended up not going how I wanted. I did get groceries but I didn't make my bone broth or the veggie chips. :( It is up in the air whether that will happen today. Today is NATIONAL CINEMA DAY and you can get $4 movie tickets at select theaters nationwide. We are going to see "Strays".

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Happy Friday

So August 8th weigh in at 485.7lbs
    Today August 25th weigh in a 460.9lbs

Slowly but surely moving in the right direction

Sorry but weighing weekly was stressful so I took control of the situation and found out what works for me and use other measurements to help sty on track such as my breathing and clothes being lose or tight during the weeks I do not get on the scale (also my blood sugar is a key indicator as well)

Great job - but I do not see you on the team lists in Fat2Fit. @broncobuddee or @trooworld please let me know if this is a returning member and if the support or regular team is the best spot depending on frequency of weigh-ins. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    maggybd wrote: »
    This is my first round. Do I need to do anything to stay on the team for september?

Not a thing! We have one more official week of August, and the September challenge will begin next Sunday. A new chat thread will open on Saturday.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 259
    CW - 260
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

Just a quick pop in to say that I'm two days junk food free. I'm getting ready to visit my parents- leaving Wed. DD is going with me. It won't be a super fun trip, but it will be nice to see my parents and get caught up. DD and I have figured out how to sneak in some sushi and shopping so those will be the fun parts.

Wishing everyone a good week!

Lisa
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday

PW :159.2
    CW :158.8

I’m finally feeling better. Caught a sinus infection after the virus so for a while it felt like I was never going to get better. But think I can start exercising this week.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 214.2
    Todays Weight: 214.2
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Options
    Day Two Report (Saturday August 26th)
    Too many calories, but no junk

Day Three Report (Sunday August 27th)
    No junk, calories in range.

Did great at breakfast, ordered fruit cup, scrambled eggs, and toast. My NSV is no pancakes 😁
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ub2mcjeuom39.png
    u0odlqvwki2k.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1rk8k2xyhde9.png

By Pounds
    gqrfotd46z10.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    p3vho2j3cywu.png
    nj2n76c7crkn.png

By Pounds
    kmwcul9vllvo.png

Team Winners
    xarzuo6rud66.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 274
    C. W. 274
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,587 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay You’re doing great getting back on track despite the circumstances, way to go! Thank you! Let us know how the garden is going when you get the chance, I hope it hung in there.

@trooworld Thank you! I wanted to go to the movies today too but wasn’t up for a 3 hour movie (want to see Oppenheimer) then didn’t know what else I’d like so I didn’t. I hope you liked the movie.

@Cornanda I hope your trip goes well and you and your daughter manage to fit in some fun. Great job on no junk!

@DebJB30 Yikes I’m glad you’re feeling better now, bet you can’t wait to get moving again! I always find if I can’t do something for awhile I want to do it more, I hope it’s the same for you.

@micaroo4 Awesome job on no pancakes and another no junk day!

@19shmoo69 @DrewsAnna @vegan4lyfe2012 Great job team winners!

Hi friends. Been really worn out today but got in my workout and a trip to Green Acres with a neighbor, we had fun looking at everything and I replaced the spicy oregano plant I killed. I don’t have many gardening friends aside of the farm so it’s fun to have one now. Another no junk or gluten day went well. I’m going to try lowering my sleeping pill dose so I’m not so drowsy, it’s hard to stay awake lately. Have a great Monday team!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 220.6
    CW 221.4
    😞
  • jugar
    Options
    It's that time again! Registration is now open for September. If you are already here, you do not need to do anything :smiley:

Please share this link with anyone who might be interested in joining - or suggest it on any forum or discussion where you encounter people who are looking for some team support. Thanks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898152/registration-for-new-members-september-2023#latest
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 @19shmoo69 @DrewsAnna CONGRATULATIONS 🎊

@Katmary71 good for you that you got that workout in. I’m trying to get back into my workouts but time and tiredness isn’t letting me. I haven’t had time to walk the property to check things but hopeful something lives on.

@micaroo4 congrats on a good few days 😊

@Cornanda have fun on your trip. Sushi and shopping sounds great.

Nothing new here. Living minute to minute. I’m ok with that. Doing my best to avoid unnecessary carbs. I had a tortilla and a cereal bar. But held strong otherwise. Got my 10k in yesterday.

Have a great day.
This discussion has been closed.