Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    It’s 65 feels like 64 with a high of 80 and chances of rain today. Insight Timer Quote: To free ourselves, we must feed our hunger for knowledge.—Bell Hooks I AM: I am capable of trusting again. Action for Happiness: Accept yourself and remember that you are worthy of love. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,693 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 208/305 mile a day before breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good morning 🌅 everyone. It's a beautiful sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'll be going for a walk after lunch. I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Started off the day supporting hubby as he rain a 5K in the next town. Fortunately, it only misted; no real rain. That is happening now after 5 hours.
    Grabbed some groceries and now going to sit down and watch TV for a bit. Cooking and planning for the week later on.
    Have a great day!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    A good day today got a 3 mile walk in and did some yoga, also got my weekly shopping sorted and meals fir the week organised.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,432 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon happy and Blessed Sunday. Not to much new here, still very warm out. I feel good because I have exceeded some of my goals I set for Sept. To walk 60,000 steps, did 79,704 steps. On stridekick did a walk around Tokyo, goal 30 miles, to date completed did 32.3 and passed all 6 milestones and 12 out of 20 days did 3000 + steps. Feeling good. Wishing you all a great week.

Today's Inspiration: Be resolute in your goals, but flexible in your tactics. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a great day. I really enjoyed the Auto Expo I worked over the weekend and I am looking forward to getting with my leads to do some business and get some memberships set up. I really like that I was able to get my business card out there and see about helping people with travel. I am really excited about all that stuff. I still need 6 more memberships to get my through the month. Plus I need to get 1 credit card still this month.

@Lopeyp - That is great that your hubby ran a 5k. I love running 5k's. I have done 2 so far.
    @annliz23 - Way to go. I also did my weekly shop. I planned my meals for the week. Husband and I will take turns cooking this week.
    @Kurtize - That is great that you exceeded your goals. I need to set goals for the week and try to get them completed each week. I think we are going to do that.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 59 feels like 59 with a high of 86 and Sunny today. Insight Timer Quote: Meditation is not spacing-out or running away. In fact, it is being totally honest with ourselves.—Kathleen McDonald. I AM: I am creating the perfect me. Action for Happiness: Avoid saying ‘I should’ and make time to do nothing. Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,195 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 209/305 mile a day, Customized Arm Workout during live stream and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a long walk after lunch. i will be doing some dancing later on. there is karaoke tonight at my building, in the rec room. i will definitely go and check it out. there will be dinner provided as well. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • EmPea888
    EmPea888 Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hey all - I had a good long walk today and did some restorative yoga afterwards (which is just glorified lying down really but does help me let go of all the tension I hold on to). 13K steps - and about the same yesterday. Woo hoo. Also I got a new haircut today. I'm not completely sure she did such a great job but it's definitely nice to be rid of all the split ends.

Melissa West Yoga is my favourite: https://youtube.com/watch?v=kkagDjnW8KU&t=2566s
  • Kurtize
    Options
    1tzknj52w5pp.jpg
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Been a while since I checked in. Having a pain flare this week. Too much rain and too much sugar. Going to meet with a dietitian tomorrow to talk about how diet can affect my chronic pain and fatigue.

@Kurtize wow that’s a lot of steps you’ve walked!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and things are going well. I did get my extra hours for Saturday entered into the pay system as well as getting my mileage submitted as well. That is awesome and I am grateful for the opportunity. I love it. They do really well at reimbursing you for your travels. Plus according to my Assistant Leader once the mileage gets approved it is added pretty quickly to your bank account. So it is great. That will help a lot this week.

@annliz23 - I am glad you had a productive day yesterday.
    @EmPea888 - It is nice getting a haircut sometimes just to get rid of the split ends. I am sure the haircut looks great.
    @missionalman - I hope you are able to get some answers from the dietician. It would be nice to know some of those things as well.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 61 feels like 61 with a high of 86 today. Insight Timer Quote: Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.—Christopher Germer I AM: I survive anything life throws at me. Action for Happiness: Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,187 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 210/305 mile a day before breakfast, Customized Arm Workout after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a newbie here. Here in AZ it's still comparatively cool but will be nice and hot later. Got the garden watered this morning, harvested two purple long beans. they were maybe 18 inches long? Nice to chop up, it's like a stringless string bean. So much less work. I like to grow strange vegetables that look like they grew on another planet! Have a volunteer pumpkin vine that has two female flowers, I'm anxiously hoping I will be able to pollinate them when they open. Strawberries are coming back after the heat of the summer. Tomatoes are coming back. Basil, mint, and African huckleberry are happy. Potatoes are perky. In a word, the fall growing season has begun! I have a tiny city lot and do it all in in buckets and raised beds.

Well, my fluffy calico wants all the attention right now - trying to block me from typing. Her brother is sitting on my spouse. Plan for today: Black coffee with cinnamon first, lunch at 11, dinner done by 7. No snacking outside of that. I am going to try to do 20 minutes of upper body strength training in between office tasks since I work from home. I should do more but since this is day 9 of really being serious about my fitness again, it'll be a start.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful, windy, sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a long walk after lunch and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • EmPea888
    EmPea888 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I took it much easier today - tomorrow or the next day we'll get our team allocations. I hope everyone ends up in the perfect team for them!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    INVITES Will start to come out on Wednesday the 27th (START to some teams will not be out until Thursday) If you are signed up for Any Team please know we even out the teams so all 8 teams start with the same amount of members with the members signed up for ANY TEAM. Please be patience it will come. If you did not choose a team please do look on the main page to sign up.

Here's how to find your invite!! NOTE: On the home page your computer may be different than mine, but it's still the same format: Community to Groups and TADA there it will be!!!

wbtz9xp0cdap.png
  • Kurtize
    Options
    @missionalman thank you, yes I surprised myself.

ohucb5vbst1o.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday. It is going to be a great day. I have a lot to get done at work today. I think it is going to be a great day. Joe is getting irritated with his current job and the new employees incompetence. They have been there a couple of months now and he is trying to show them all that he usually does since his last day is next Friday. They are just ignoring what he is trying to train them to do. It doesn't help that his supervisor is now on vacation until he leaves. So who is going to push these ladies to learn the job completely if no one is there to do it and they are not following Joe's direction on anything? That is the issue he is having. He wishes he could just turn in his badge and take a week off, but well that would not help pay the bills.

@Sand_TIger - Those plants sound interesting. It would be interesting to see what they look like. I too like to see weird fruits and veggies. That is how my calico cat gets my attention. She jumps on my desk and lays on my keyboard. You are doing great for 9 days in. Good luck.

Well I hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday

Tabatha