Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I missed checking in yesterday had to study for a quiz on the way to class.

Really enjoy the TOPS group I am visiting for several weeks. Was highest loser runner up which I was not expecting. I know several of the members from other events so it feels like I am part of the family already. I am carrying a 93 in class right now and very proud of that. Have a pretty busy schedule this weekend. But stayed up late last night hanging with friends.

@sgod50 congrats on the new baby in the family.

Connie
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a long walk after lunch. i will be doing some dancing later on. i am going to play some bingo tonight at the church that is close to my place. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Busy morning! I decided to continue with the trend of working on stuff early in the day, motivated or not, so it gets done. Weeded a bit, cleaned my extremely grungy patio, did some cursory cleaning on my grill and finally diagnosed it. It's not working and I miss it! Well since I assembled this 4 burner gas grill in the first place I figured I had a chance of repairing it too, but I had to clean it to see it properly. Ugh! Anyway, I cleared some of the grunge, gave it a good lookover, and found the problem. The seal on the regulator hose was leaking. Turns out it's only $20 for a new one - I'd sure rather do that then buy and assemble another grill!

Groceries next, dropped some stuff off at Goodwill. That sure feels good! It's amazing how much junk I keep around that I don't even touch. At this point, some of it is good enough other people might even want it so I'm happy to donate it instead of tossing. This includes a couple old gifts, very sweetly meant but something I'd never use in a million years, and free extras from stuff I bought but don't use. Anyway I'm on plan - decided to be a bit unusual (for me) and make a smoothie for my first meal, plus an apple, plus an ounce of seriously divine baked cheese puffs. NO REGRETS. The smoothie was a spirulina based shake mix plus half a banana and four ounces of nonfat Greek yogurt.

Picked a few peppers this morning. Really looking forward to that grill working again, there are a ton of healthy things I can make.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    Options
    gintex2021 wrote: »
    @Dianedoessmiles1, @Kateljm, @tjharleygal55 and @kaliswalker, Thank you for sharing the reasons you have stayed with this challenge. I am looking forward to the practice week starting tomorrow.

Awwww YW!! We've been so fortunate to find the challenge and in turn, we love to help others. As you find success you'll no doubt also pass it on. I've told a lot of my Dr's about it, with a few of them going right onto their computer and looking it up. HAPPY to have you with us!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Kurtize wrote: »
    I have been doing one of the Conqueror trail walks and been posting my updates on our in-between challenge groups. This is my latest updated blog.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900481/sept-29-update-on-inca-trail-walk#latest

Members Joyce's blog is AMAZING!! She's helping the PS4L team to find motivation.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,050 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all well this morning. Today is Sunday and boy am I sore. I helped put in 3 ceiling fans at my mothers house yesterday. Since I weigh the least they sent me into the attic. This was just a little drop down ladder and it was scary. no back just hanging there over the basement stairs. Who's bright idea was that. My legs are so sore and my back is killing me today. I worked muscles I have not for a while. I can tell.

@CSEGUIN2 - That is great that you are doing so well in school. I am glad you feel at home in the other TOPS class. That is pretty cool that you were so close to the top of the leader board.
    @Sand_TIger - That is awesome that you were able to figure out what was wrong with your grill. It is definitely easier to fix that part than put together a whole new grill. Good for you for donating things you no longer need. I love smoothies first thing in the morning.

Well I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    Rabbit Rabbit wishing anyone and all who read this luck this month. It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 88 today. Insight Timer Quote: Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.--Thich Nhat Hanh I AM: I am proud of how accepting I am of my body. Action for Happiness: Write down 3 things you can look forward to this month. Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,265 steps yesterday. Happy International Day of Coffee!!!!!! Training Plan: Day 216/305 mile a day this morning and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday completed homework, and spent the afternoon and evening with friends. We have one friend that has shown me some interest. I enjoy the attention but not ready to go past that stage. Need to get myself figured out. A 14 year relationship that's been only done for a week is a lot to go through expecially since we still live together and he acts like we're still together.

Today went to Church and had a retired teacher review my math homework. This afternoon hanging with friends and the ex is going.

Connie
  • Sand_TIger
    Options
    Grill update: Now works slightly better than before. All done! Looking forward to using it again. Picked more beans this morning, planted potatoes. Early October is a great time to plant potatoes if you are in Arizona. If I can set up a couple more buckets I may also plant peas, they are a common fall/winter crop here. Got in a lot of movement this morning!

Also made drawing 1 for the October Ink drawing challenge, where I only use the contents of a particular art box so do my drawings this month. It did not include a pencil. LOL! I always do light sketches in pencil under my inks, so this will be a fun challenge. I think it's going to help me learn to plan ahead and also work with any mistakes I make. Like Bob Ross said, "there are no mistakes, only happy accidents." This is going to test that. I will probably not be uploading most of my drawings this time, though I might change my mind later. Everything I do is with a camera and a PC so there are multiple steps to sharing any photo. I want this to be about doing art, not processing the results.

I'm hungry this morning from all the running around, but not in the low-blood-sugary-way that means I have to eat NOW, more in the way that I can put it off for a while by distracting myself. So I should be fine to do my usual 11 to 7 eating window today. (I do that so I can have two nice satisfying meals instead of three tiny ones.)

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a long walk after lunch and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and Joe is on his last week at his current job. He will be starting his new job next Monday. I am praying today that he doesn't get short with his co workers because they seem to irritate him really bad right now. They should know what they are doing and they are still asking him a ton of questions instead of searching for the answer on their own like they should be since this is his last week. He told them all last week where to find the resources they needed for their jobs but they still run to him about stuff. He tells them they have to stop doing that since he is done at this job soon, but they are not. So hopefully they can get it this week. My sister goes in for her cancer surgery tomorrow. They will be removing cancerous spots in her esophagus. They are hoping it isn't too deep and they are able to get it all. Barrett's esophagus cancer is very aggressive they said so they need to get it right away. We should know Tuesday how things are going to progress. Still no results for my medical issue. I am not sure when that is going to happen though.

@CSEGUIN2 - Congrats on completing your homework. It is good to spend time with friends. I hope you were able to take some solace in church today. Awesome that you have a retired teacher to check your work. That is pretty cool.
    @Sand_TIger - That is awesome about the plants. I do hope you like your drawing. It is good to try and draw in other ways. I am always super hungry. I honestly need to stop over eating.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Checking in a little early this morning as I want to be able to study on the bus to school. This morning's quiz is about the 5 mother sauces. I know most of it but it never hurts to review till the last second. Forgot to mention I dyed my hair violet on Saturday morning. Getting lots of compliments so far. Can't wait to see what reaction I get in class today. Yesterday as I said was Church and yes I always find solace when I am there. Did dishes and laundry before heading out to hang with friends. Ended up staying longer than planned but that's ok I had a great time. Also got a couple ouchies from my friends 9 month old puppy who looks like a full grown dog. But it was a great workout none the less.ry2c69oub1vc.jpg

Connie
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,296 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - sending prayers for your sister and that she has a good outcome from the surgery and heals quickly.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    It’s 64 feels like 64 with a high of 86 today. Insight Timer Quote: There is no path to peace. Peace us the path. I AM: I am loved and cherished by friends, family, and loved ones. Action for Happiness: Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). Happy World Habitat Day and International Day of Non-Violence!!!! Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,118 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Day 216/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of Training W8/D1: Legs & Abs + Core Challenge W1/D1: Fit Test after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, I hope they caught it in time!
  • cormierannie
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain : sending hugs and prayers for your sister and that she has a good outcome from the surgery. hope she heals quickly.
    good morning, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a long walk after lunch. i will be doing some dancing later on. i got invited to a thanksgiving lunch today at the building that is close to mine, by one of my friends who lives there. i will go and check it out. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Sand_TIger
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain: I know the feeling. Sometimes I just get what I call "an attack of the nibbles." I usually combat that by finding things that are good for me to eat but have low calories. My current favorite is something like an apple with cinnamon sprinkled on, or red bell pepper with dip made with fat free Greek yogurt. It's important that I can eat it piece by piece, so it lasts longer. Or if I want something sweet I have low or no sugar chocolate chips, one at a time - a half ounce can go a long way.

@CSEGUIN2: Cool about the violet hair! That kind of thing can be so much fun to do.

Hi all! Sunny day here, I'm posting during lunch break. Grabbed a cherry tomato out of the garden this morning. A couple of the tomato vines are recovering from the summer heat so are barely beginning to produce again. Gave them all a drink of fish fertilizer yesterday to pep them up after their hard work. I have several potato plants that are green and lush, really reaching for the sky, and planted more yesterday. Might have mentioned that already. Hope everyone's day goes well.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,432 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers and good vibes for sister, @Tabatha_Cain .

Happy new month everyone, took 2 days off from computer and everything, very relaxing 2 days.

Today's Inspiration: If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a good day. My sister has her surgery at 10:15 ET. We are hoping for a good outcome. We will know sometime today I am sure. I have told my mom to keep me updated and let me know what happens. I also got my test results from the tests I have done for the pain I am in. I have 2 cysts in my left ovary and 5 or more fibroids in my uterus. I have not been contacted by the doctor yet so we will see what they decide as a course of action. Most the times they just monitor them but with me being in pain I am not sure if they will try for pain management or do something about it.

@CSEGUIN2 - Way to go on getting your studying done. I do like the hair. That is good that you were able to spend time with friends. It is alright if you spent a little more time with them than you expected. That happens when you are having fun. Sorry about the puppy wounds. Big dog puppies don't usually realize they are hurting someone.
    @DNjoys - Thank you. We are all praying for a good outcome today.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We are hoping they do get it all too. Thank you.
    @Sand_TIger - That sounds like a good idea. I need something to stop the random eating. It can be really rough. That is great that your plants are still so green.
    @Kurtize - Thank you. We are hoping all goes well today also.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Quiz on pasta this morning and this afternoon is an exam for one of my certifications. It's the last week of in class. Next week we start in the kitchen. Trying not to get to nervous about it as it's just a kitchen. Anyways hung out at my friend's last night for a bit before going home to get ready for another day of school. Back again today after class as it's my way of limiting how much time I am at home. Need them to decompress after a mind numbing class.

Connie