Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 82 today. Insight Timer Quote: Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.—Albert Camus. I AM: I am proud of how my body looks and feels. Action for Happiness: Take a small step towards a goal that really matters to you. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,122 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 217/305 mile a day before breakfast, Traditional Bodybuilding W1/D1: Chest and Arms + Core Challenge W1/D2: HIIT after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    It's early - sun is coming up. Another sunny day, soon it'll be time for work. Floofy calico wants on my lap but I know her true motive is to steal my chair. She'll get her chance.

I'm leaving some of my long beans on the makeshift bamboo trellis so that they can become seed for next year. Did that last year and it worked great! My mystery vine looks uncomfortably like a zucchini, our least favored squash. Hopefully it's something else like a hubbard or at least something yellow.

In Arizona there are odd growing seasons - stuff has a hard time growing well during the hottest part of the year, mid summer, but then Monsoon comes and greens everything up and so things are ready to grow again in September/October. Things will keep going till the winter frosts kill them but that might not come till December.

@Tabatha_Cain - I hope things go well for you. I've seen docs just leave fibroids alone and sometimes do pain management, so whatever they do for you I hope you can be made a lot more comfortable.

@CSegun2, Good luck on the exam! Since I'm new I hadn't caught what you are studying for?

Have a great day everyone.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful, warm sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a long walk after lunch and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i went to the art drop in program at the next building over that is close to my place and i really enjoyed it. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,433 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Hope your day is going well. @CSEGUIN2 hope you did well on quiz and exam.

It is 91 today but a breeze so weather isn't too hot. Not much else new. Hugs all

today's inspiration:

bjno19c1fbjo.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, Please let us know how your sister is, and please insist they look at you seriously also. I am so sorry you are both going through this!
    @Sand_Tiger, LOLOL I get that with Floofy cat!! Awww I have Oscar and Izzy kitties
    zu58jvv03anq.png
    qed5lrcw78mi.png
  • Sand_TIger
    Options
    @Sand_Tiger, LOLOL I get that with Floofy cat!! Awww I have Oscar and Izzy kitties

Here's my little monsters, Nishiko (the calico) and Hiroshi (the tabby)! They are way too smart for their own good. The other day Hiroshi was sitting at a door, carefully closing it then opening it with his paws. He knew not to let it latch. LOL. These pictures pretty much capture their purrsonalities.

czlrput5i8e0.png
    2vzeb700cl3v.png

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Sand_Tiger, LOLOL I DID LAUGH at your babies!! Tonight I watched as Oscar (the ginger Ninja kitty!) went over to the TV stand, tapped the glass door in the upper corner to open it up, and went inside of it. Again I certainly did laugh again!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,054 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. My sisters surgery went well. They took some tissue for biopsy and then she is to have a repeat procedure in 6 weeks. I guess that is the treatment plan. So she was tired and had a headache yesterday after surgery. I have not yet checked on her this morning because it is super early. My doctor finally called with a course of action for my pain. They are sending me to an OB-GYN. So I found out the doctor that delivered my son and did my tubal ligation is actually here in my town now rather than the town I use to live in so I told the nurse that I would like the doctor to refer me to him. It has been 19 years but I feel better knowing that he was familiar with me and my body. So we are waiting for that referral to happen. Then we will see what he decides to do.

@CSEGUIN2 - I hope you did well on your quiz and exam. I am sure the kitchen is scary because that is the part where you apply what you have learned. To me that is the most scary. Because you have to show you learned something.
    @Sand_TIger - I hope that mystery plant ends up being something good that you want. I know all about those cats. I have 3. One is 6 years old and tries to fit in a box that I bought that holds Christmas cards. That is not going to happen. The other 2 are 3 years old and are siblings. One boy and one girl they are crazy first thing in the morning. It literally sounds like a herd of elephants running down my stairs and across my living room.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am hoping they will take me seriously as well. I am not in severe pain or pain that stops me in my tracks yet but the pain is constant and at times is so much so that I want to cry. So it is a decent amount of pain.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

For those that don't know I am taking a Cook Pre-apprenticeship program. 3 weeks in class which ends Friday with a final exam. 6 weeks in the kitchen which I start on Tuesday due to the Canadian Thanksgiving. Then I will have a placement for 12 weeks which I hopefully will gain a job from. As of last Friday my grade was a 93. The last 2 quizzes I took I got perfect! The big test I was supposed to take yesterday afternoon we got pushed to this morning. But I am feeling really confident about it. It's 60 questions of stuff I know.

Yesterday chilled at a friend's for a couple hours after class. Then went home to a hot apartment because the ex didn't turn on the air. Anyways after class today I have to come straight home and prep most of my salad fixings for the salads I am taking to class on Friday for our potluck. Don't have time to do it all on Thursday as I have TOPS after class.

Connie
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 64 feels like 64 with a high of 77 and chances of rain this afternoon. Insight Timer Quote: The greatest wealth is to live content with little.—Plato I AM: I feed my spirit with positivity, love, and peace. Action for Happiness: Start your day with the most important thing on your to-do list. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,419 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 218/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of Training W8/D3: Modified Strength/Conditioning + Core Challenge W1/D3: Core after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Sand_TIger
    Options
    Morning all! Sunny this morning. Cooler for us, actually 57 right now with the sun coming up. Later today it's supposed to be 90, which is about right. Decided to hold of on harvesting one of my purple long beans so I can save it for seed like I did last year. Very fine plants! The mystery vine continues to grow with one long fruit on it, and very pretty leaves.

So yesterday I laughed my head off, because I saw a commercial on YouTube for canned beans. I guess some people need to be introduced to the concept but it just tickled me with no end. Was sore yesterday from my harder workouts on the weekend so confined myself to gentle stretching. Today I'm still a little sore in the legs so I guess I'll do an upper body weight day, then back to lower body tomorrow.

Lastly, the baking urge is strong in me with all this fall weather, so I actually tested out my pumpkin muffin recipe, as I wrote it, resisting the urge to make little tweaks and they came out perfectly. Almost too much batter to fit in 12 cupcake size muffin spots, but not quite. Delighted that each one is only 140 calories and 8 grams of protein! If I had used a non calorie sweetener I could bring that down a bit more but my spouse doesn't like those. Even so the whole recipe is only sweetened by a half cup of sugar and a half cup of apple sauce. Oh, and the pumpkin, that has a bit of natural sweetness.

Have a great one!
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a long walk after lunch. i will be doing some dancing later on. in the afternoon, after lunch, i will be going to the other building near my place to play some bingo. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all, I finished my Conqueror Challenge - Inca Trail. Here is my blog on it.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900900/completed-inca-trail#latest
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain still hoping your Sister will get a cleared report! Usually, they are very fast if it's otherwise. Also, you are seen quickly because pain is our body saying "Something is not right."
    @CSEGUIN2 , Connie. I LOVE your confidence!! WHen we know something and love it, we simply know it well!! SO HAPPY you have furthered your education with cooking!! Also here's hoping you'll easily get a job, and one you LOVE a lot!! You are very talented.
    @Sand_Tiger, GOOD idea on keeping a bean for the seeds. LOVE your silly kitties!! Mine race around at midnight. The boy (Oscar) can run and run and run and never stop, but Izzy kitty is 12 1/2 well she'll be 13 in a few months, but she can't. But LOL Her attitude MORE than makes up for it!! I get to laughing so hard at these 2 fools. Such an age difference. Izzy was way too old acting for her age until I got Oscar, now she's more like a 5 year old cat. Awwww. I love them both dearly! OFF I'm off to catch up on the chat on the PS4L team!
    @Kurtize WOOHO AND
    ncmtid1voofc.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,054 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a great day. Joe has today and tomorrow with his current job and then on Monday he starts his new job. That will be an adjustment because instead of having to leave the house at 6:09 in the morning to be to work by 6:45 to start the day at 7. He won't have to leave the house until 740 to get to work and be ready to go at 8 am. The first 3 days of his new job he has orientation. He is so excited to get in there and learn how to work the new system and do his job. He really is excited. I hope he actually likes the job once he gets in there and is doing it. I am sure he will though. Checked on my sister yesterday and she is doing well. Her throat was sore and she was super hungry as they have her on an all liquid diet for several days to allow her throat to heal. Also nothing red in case she starts bleeding. It will make it easier to tell she is bleeding.

@CSEGUIN2 - That is so awesome. I think you have found your calling. I wish I could come sample some of your food. I am sure you will do amazing in the kitchen and I am sure by now you have passed your test. Sorry your ex did not turn on the air. Are you graded on what you bring to Friday's potluck?
    @Sand_TIger - Canned beans have a totally different taste from fresh beans. I know that for sure. I have eaten both. So glad you decided to take it easy from your workout the other day. Could I possibly get your recipe for the pumpkin muffins. I really love pumpkin muffins. I have a calling to do some baking too. If you decide to let me have the recipe please also include the size you made the muffins.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I am hoping to be seen quickly as well. The pain was pretty bad this morning. I got up at 3 am and could not go back to sleep so I got out of bed and took 800 mg of ibuprofen. That just took the edge off. It did not take away the pain completely.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. They bring me smiles. I am confident I passed my test for a certification yesterday with flying colors. I wish I could share all my dishes with all of you. No we're not getting marked on our potluck dishes.

Yesterday went well as I wrote above. Today we have a quiz on sandwiches and then start studying for smart serve certification and reviewing for our exam for tomorrow. I also have TOPS tonight after class. Could be a late night as I have to finish up my potato salad and do my bean salad ready for school tomorrow. Just writing out what's happening between today and tomorrow makes my head hurt LoL. Also need to fit some studying in this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

Connie
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 77 and rainy this morning. Insight Timer Quote: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.—Antoine De Saint-Exupery I AM: I give myself permission to chase my dreams and goals. Action for Happiness: Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is, but focus on what’s good. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,349 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 219/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W8/D4: Chest/Arms/Cardio after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good Morning all, it rained here so a little cooler but also a little more humidity. Wishing you all a great day.
    Signed up for another challenge the Dia de los Muertos Virtual Challenge. I will collect 9 Virtual Postcards showcasing Mexican heritage. It is 98 miles/158km.
    📍 Explore 4 Local Spots rich in history and culture
    🌳 Plant 5 trees along the way or ♻️ stop 50 plastic bottles from entering the ocean
    Stunning finisher's medal
    9pz6zqs91n07.png
  • Sand_TIger
    Options
    Hi all! Little late today. Yeah, canned beans taste totally different than fresh - agreed whether we are talking about green beans or whole beans. I generally cook mine from dried, it's a lot cheaper and I can make them much tastier with spices without adding any fat.

My pumpkin muffin recipe:

Pumpkin Muffins

1 can pumpkin (not pie filling - I really like the sweet pumpkin from Misfits Market)
    2 cups flour of choice (I used whole spelt for this but you could use anything)
    1 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
    1/2 cup apple sauce to make up rest of liquid needed (use less if too gloppy)
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup brown sugar, or low calorie sweetener of choice
    1-2 tsp pumpkin spice
    2 tsp baking powder

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients, using half a cup of the apple sauce, then add to dry and mix until combined. If it's not wet enough add a little more apple sauce. This recipe works best with silicone muffin cups because they don't require oil and release easily. Bake at 375 until toothpick comes out clean.

These ingredients are estimates, you may need to adjust them a little bit. I basically invented this recipe. If you want the muffins sweeter you can add more sweetener of course, but we like them more spicy than sweet. We usually use about double the amount of spice! To elevate the flavor a bit more, grate your nutmeg fresh. The apple sauce replaces the oil in the recipe so it still comes out moist.

Makes around 12 cupcake size muffins. You might be able to stretch it to 14, I had a lot of batter. If 12, these are 140 cals each, and 8 grams protein. Calories would be lower if you used non calorie sweetener. You'd probably need to adjust the liquid if you did.

I've made a "frosting" to put on top, using nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with a spoon or two of sugar free vanilla or cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix.

Final note: I just baked these yesterday using these exact instructions and they were amazing.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It was a mostly cloudy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She worked at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a long walk after lunch and I feel great! I did some dancing a while ago. Have a great night, everyone! Take care and stay safe.