Shape Shifters Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Friday steps 6118. I'm worn out. I was acting manager at work, which I do on occasion but I'm tired as it's been a couple months since I've last done it.

@Armygirlarmyof1 Your steps for Thursday are missing. Please advise.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! It's been a very long and tiring week. I'm going to lie down for a while and then take a short walk later. Hope you have a nice weekend. It's gonna be rainy and chilly in Virginia. Hope it's warmer where you are, dry and sunny! Enjoy!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps are 4696
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! It's been a very long and tiring week. I'm going to lie down for a while and then take a short walk later. Hope you have a nice weekend. It's gonna be rainy and chilly in Virginia. Hope it's warmer where you are, dry and sunny! Enjoy!
    Jessica

We're rainy here and we are headed for some temperature dipping with some nights into the 30s. But that's OK. I've got everything I need for now right here at home to include a roof over my head.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose -- Canyon of the Ancients sounds like the name of a place you are definitely going to see a UFO while you wait for the eclipse or encounter an ancient curse. I didn't realize the eclipse was tomorrow already. Have fun!

Ran around today in the big city. *yawn* Tired, but ate pretty well. I'm about to go have some beans and rice, lol. I bought a protein box from Starbucks for lunch and had an apple with me. Old me didn't know I could travel without going to McDonald's ;-P lol

• cre804
    cre804 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 194.0
    CW 193.5
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    CW: 227
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. We had a lot of rain here yesterday so I couldn't go for a walk. Not sure where the zone minutes came from because the day was very lazy. Did a lot of reading, listening to music and stepping inside. I got the package with Christmas stuff delivered. I got the Belle & Boo cookietin for myself as well because it is so cute. Looking forward to using it for my favourite Christmas cookies when they show up in the store. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    October 13 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 50m ~ 85 score
    • Steps: 14.052
    • Zone Minutes: 29
    • Calories: 1210
    a49pu4o4q8ku.jpg
    6qh06wmyqvhl.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I hope your heel eases soon.I am still sore from a fall a couple of months ago.I really should get it checked out as sitting down for long periods is painful.Yet maybe a good thing !
    I enjoyed my Dance fit class this morning,a friend of mine who I haven't seen for ages came so it was nice to have a catch up.
    My fridge is completely empty so I need to go to the supermarket today so that's a walk in the rain unfortunately.
    I haven't been able to record swimming on my garmin watch & after reaching out for advice I eventually called Garmin support in the UK.It turned out that it was a really simple fix.I just needed to edit the widgets displayed.You can have 6 activities displayed so I've changed them to activities I use regularly.Thanks @frankwbrown for the links.Also @frankwbrown could you give me a reminder how to view badges on Garmin Connect please.I got one today for 20 activities in October but couldn't remember how to find the others.
    It depends whether you're at the website on a computer or using the app on your cell phone. I'm guessing you mean your cell phone, because on the website, you have the menu on the left where you can find Badges down near the bottom. On the app, it's far less intuitive. You click on your profile picture, then click on All Badges on the right just below the most recent badges that show. On that screen, you have three tabs: Earned, Available and Leaders.
    pt1p4lpzqpo2.png
    hgx73wdbc60l.png

@frankwbrown Thank you so much for your clear instructions.Yes I use my phone for most things.I'm pleased I got my swimming tracking sorted although the pool I use is only short less than 25 yds so lengths & distance
    are not going to be that accurate.
    I enjoy the challenges & badges too.I signed up accidentally for a challenge to climb over 22,000 steps I'm about halfway I think 🤣
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 214.5
    CW 216

Thanksgiving weight gain. All good though.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 145.6
    CW 144.2
    LTD 3.8 lbs
    I know I'm a bit late as we're in the 2nd week of October but I never got round to my introduction & we have a few new members so here goes ;
    My name is Isobel but all my friends & family call me Izzy.I live in England UK.I am 63 years young & have always tried to be active & keep fit.I live with my husband we have been together for 43 years & my 2 adult sons coming up to 28 & 30 who don't show any signs of moving out !!
    I have been a member of this group for over 2 years & on MFP for many more.I tend to Yoyo my weight & lose it & gain.Would love to break this cycle & maintain so that's why I am still here.
    I have recently had to go on medication for BP & possibly need medication for high cholesterol.
    I love dancing & go 4 times a week to a Dance Fit class at my local gym.My kitchen is also for dancing I follow routines on utube or just put the radio on.I love my garmin activity tracker & as I have no car I walk everywhere & enjoy walking in nature.
    I am lucky enough to go on lots of holidays to my favourite place Greece to enjoy the sun,wine & swimming in the sea.
    I hope that new members gain as much as I have from this group ❤️
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I hope your heel eases soon.I am still sore from a fall a couple of months ago.I really should get it checked out as sitting down for long periods is painful.Yet maybe a good thing !
    I enjoyed my Dance fit class this morning,a friend of mine who I haven't seen for ages came so it was nice to have a catch up.
    My fridge is completely empty so I need to go to the supermarket today so that's a walk in the rain unfortunately.
    I haven't been able to record swimming on my garmin watch & after reaching out for advice I eventually called Garmin support in the UK.It turned out that it was a really simple fix.I just needed to edit the widgets displayed.You can have 6 activities displayed so I've changed them to activities I use regularly.Thanks @frankwbrown for the links.Also @frankwbrown could you give me a reminder how to view badges on Garmin Connect please.I got one today for 20 activities in October but couldn't remember how to find the others.
    It depends whether you're at the website on a computer or using the app on your cell phone. I'm guessing you mean your cell phone, because on the website, you have the menu on the left where you can find Badges down near the bottom. On the app, it's far less intuitive. You click on your profile picture, then click on All Badges on the right just below the most recent badges that show. On that screen, you have three tabs: Earned, Available and Leaders.
    pt1p4lpzqpo2.png
    hgx73wdbc60l.png

@frankwbrown Thank you so much for your clear instructions.Yes I use my phone for most things.I'm pleased I got my swimming tracking sorted although the pool I use is only short less than 25 yds so lengths & distance
    are not going to be that accurate.
    I enjoy the challenges & badges too.I signed up accidentally for a challenge to climb over 22,000 steps I'm about halfway I think 🤣
    Sounds like you're climbing in the Andes. 😂
    The Expedition badges are an interesting new feature. When they first appeared, I thought they were for actually doing those climbs and hikes for real. But they're virtual climbs and hikes. You can only join one climb and one hike at a time, but there's no time limit for completion, so it's just another way to see your long term progress. I started with the shortest hikes, and now I'm virtually hiking the Camino de Santiago. Still climbing "Mount Olympus" though.
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jlswensen
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 205.4
    CW: 205.0
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The October Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Oct 15th. Please join us for the Acts of Kindness Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10901485/october-week-3-group-challenge-acts-of-kindness#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread starting tomorrow!
    Take care,
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2023
    Options
    p8txzw1yu0m2.jpg
    We are missing three weigh-ins for the week (incl today):

@angmarie28
    @dauntlessdivya x2
    @mandycutright x2

Please report in ASAP as stat tabulations begin EARLY on Sunday morning. Thanks!

WALKERS--please check the step challenge chart and post your steps in this chat thread, so your Captains can update your stats. Thanks to those who are taking extra care to post their steps every 2-3 days per our requests, as it really makes our records tasks quick and easy. You have NO IDEA how much it is appreciated!
    :smiley:
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Steps
    10/13 3,896
    Lots of rain/wind gusts up to 30mph so no walking outside- had to get house cleaned b/c I worked my part-time job today + worked Thursday night so was sore all day no workout
This discussion has been closed.