Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the excellent suggestions, @pupowl. I also enjoyed the video and will checkout the website. I agree that chunking big projects into manageable amounts is better, and also following an intermittent fasting routine.

@itadakimasu7 - I sometimes tell myself that scrubbing the floor and other household tasks can be my exercise, but it’s more fun to meet my friends and teammates for a row or soccer. I love the photos you send of your outdoor adventures and look forward to weekend bike rides and hikes once my downsizing project is complete.

We improved again in the last game of the tournament. Just one more to go!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I forgot to step on the scale this morning. I need to post my weigh-in tomorrow, Monday November 20th.
  • magnusMLQ
    magnusMLQ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    MagnusMLQ
    Monday
    PW 235
    CW 234.8
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/19
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: RECOVERY ❤️‍🩹 day
    30 min walk : ✅
    Steps: 8099
    Water: 96

Today’s Goal: log 🪵 all my food 🥘. 24hr fast, read cohort 📚, watch 🏈&🏀, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @murdog3t -- what is cohort? A study? I'm curious! :-D

I downloaded a walk app and a core fitness app, I'm going to give that a go, but I'm going to be kinda busy this week. I had planned a small vegetarian meal for Thanksgiving (home made classic cheese pizza) but my kids (age 26 and 23) might be bringing in a 15lb turkey (I'm wondering if they know they have to a. purchase it ahead and b. DEFROST it) -- I'm guessing they have no clue, haha, so I'm looking forwards to seeing how this shakes out. :) They've been tight lipped about their plan maybe because there is no plan...we'll roll with it. I love my kids, they're just the best.

I have my mill in the mail off eBay, it's a classic heavy iron hand crank grain mill. I'm going to clean and setup for bread making. I've invited over my daughter (26) to make artisan bread(s) today. I'll try to post some photos. I haven't done this before so not sure how it will turn out. It is 4x more expensive to mill ones own grain then to buy premium store flour I found out, sure I can improve that in the future. Ouch. Okay - signing off and getting busy! Woot!
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    @JenHul -- I want to hear about Mexico! Did you get a tan? Did you eat good things? Did you find a nice spot on a beach. It's cold and raining: share!!! haha, glad you had a great time! Welcome back!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    steps:
    11/17 13,230
    11/18 17,378
    11/19 8,673 (my fitbit was charging most of the day)
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Monday steps 4062. Left knee is really sore and painfully today. I'll be glad for that knee replacement come January.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I didn't have a good day for eating today.I went into town today as I had booked a tour around a theatre I go to regularly.I treated myself to a theatre card membership where you pay an annual fee but then get discounts & pay no card fees etc.I love musical theatre so I wanted to make the most of my membership & see lots of shows.The tour was really interesting & took you back stage & a chat with some of the stage set staff.Tomorrow I'm going to see Hamilton.Im super excited,I'm going on my own as there weren't many seats left.Will see if it lives up to the hype.
    I ate out for lunch & dinner not yet worked out my calories.Did a Dance class tonight but went out to eat with some friends from the class & a couple of drinks so fingers crossed I've walked off some of the calories.
    Glad you enjoyed Mexico @JenHul yes I'm with @Itadakimasu7 tell us more 😀
    Good luck with your flour mill @Itadakimasu7 hope your kids figure out the turkey
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all:

Lots of errand running and appointments today...my pest control service came and sprayed the house...then I took Lil Miss Betty to her very first/annual vet appointment. She weighs a whopping 8.6 pounds and is completely healthy. She got two vaccines and didn't even flinch...got her nails trimmed...she was a very good girl today! She came home and ate, had a few "good girl" treats and then laid down to take a nap. I love my girl...

After three days in a row of 20k+ steps, I'm only planning 10k today. I'm tired. I am currently in 2nd place in the competition at work, but I can't compete with someone who's doing 36k daily...just can't...so I'll keep doing what I can and accept 2nd place as best I can do. We shall see! Contest runs until Dec. 10th.

Ate my first meal at home today, then ate out for dinner...likely a little over in calories...

Enjoy your week everyone!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/18 8,313
    11/19 7,137
    11/20 4,781
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    Itakimasu7

PW: 180.5
    CW: 184

eh' water.

• murdog3t
    Options
    Date: 11/20
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk : ✅
    Steps: 8537
    Water: 96

Today’s Goal: log 🪵 all my food 🥘. 24hr fast, read cohort 📚,turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.

• murdog3t
    Options
    @murdog3t -- what is cohort? A study? I'm curious! :-D

I downloaded a walk app and a core fitness app, I'm going to give that a go, but I'm going to be kinda busy this week. I had planned a small vegetarian meal for Thanksgiving (home made classic cheese pizza) but my kids (age 26 and 23) might be bringing in a 15lb turkey (I'm wondering if they know they have to a. purchase it ahead and b. DEFROST it) -- I'm guessing they have no clue, haha, so I'm looking forwards to seeing how this shakes out. :) They've been tight lipped about their plan maybe because there is no plan...we'll roll with it. I love my kids, they're just the best.

I have my mill in the mail off eBay, it's a classic heavy iron hand crank grain mill. I'm going to clean and setup for bread making. I've invited over my daughter (26) to make artisan bread(s) today. I'll try to post some photos. I haven't done this before so not sure how it will turn out. It is 4x more expensive to mill ones own grain then to buy premium store flour I found out, sure I can improve that in the future. Ouch. Okay - signing off and getting busy! Woot!

Happy Tuesday
    Yes cohort is a spiritual authority study by NOVO
This discussion has been closed.