Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Seems I'm always having problems since I started this challenge. My tablet is the only thing that allows me to get onto MFP & this challenge.

However, it doesn't want to charge, it's an older device and I can't afford to buy a new at this time. I'm really disappointed as this is the only way for me to get onto the internet and MFP.

I will continue to reach my goal for Christmas Eve and and to get to my final goal. I'm sorry please take me out of the challenge, because it's going to be a long time before I get back on because I can't afford a new one. Budget is tight right now.

Hope, everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy New Year and that you all reach your desired goals.

Thank you, from disappointed.😢😫
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @Slimmersixties and @lindamtuck2018 Thanks for chiming in yesterday. I think I'm back on course (although I still need to make the list you mentioned, Linda!) There was a social gathering that I did not prepare well for and found myself in a bit of a caloric freefall. Even afterwards, I had a hard time getting a grip on my choices. Argh! The fact that these tendencies still lurk freaks me out a bit. Having lost and regained many times over my life, I want to be done with that forever. Eating in secrecy has been an issue (which is sort of ridiculous because when you subsequently put on 10 pounds, it is not really a secret to anyone!) Thanks for giving me a place to take the lid off that behaviour in the moment before it really gets out of hand.

I did a lot of eating on the sly. People would say you don’t eat much. If they only could see the 1000:s of calories I would eat and not let anyone know. I admire you for posting when you started slipping. That’s what we are here for.
    Happy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the USA!

heretochange88
    PW- 367.2lb
    CW- 366.6lb

-0.6lb

Still a loss but I have still been off track. Emotionally I have been a mess and I just can't seem to give my head a shake. Just too much stuff going on and I can't seem to make my recovery a priority. It's just a mental block that I need to get through. My therapist reminded me that it's not just for aesthetics- my whole livelihood is at risk here. So I have been trying to work the skills that i learned in therapy.

I live in Canada, but my adopted parents are here from Utah so we are going to Swiss Chalet for the "festive special" so my mom doesn't need to cook for us, haha. She already did that for Canadian Thanksgiving so she deserves the night off ;) I can make good choices though.

Have a good day all- fresh start for me started the moment I woke up. I just hope to keep the momentum <3

Nice loss. I can usually go to Swiss Chalet and eat reasonably. I like that the calories are on the menu. I will take half the meal home. How was your meal?
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 459.6
    CW - 455.4

A solid loss and I'm thankful for it! Insanely thankful for all of you as well 💜 Happy Thanksgiving and much love yall!

Wow! Congrats on the loss! Hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving.
    Friday weigh in

Sw: 276 lb

Pw: 184 lb
    Cw: 182.4 lb

6.4lb to goal!

Look at you go. Those 100 pounds lost milestone and goal are very close.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @KarlysFreedom
    That’s too bad about your tablet. You are welcome back once you’re able to get on again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Steps: 3,997
    Exercise: ✔️
    Physio: ✔️

PW 161.2
    CW 159.6
    Goal

I am at goal and in maintenance. I am nervous about this as I never have tried to maintain a weight in my life.

Have a Great Friday!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 316 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Nov 24, 2023)
    PW: 239.4
    CW: 241.6

Having a weigh-in day right after the Thanksgiving holiday isn't ideal but we'll be getting plenty of steps in today now that we can start putting up the Christmas decorations (after cleaning the house first). We did enjoy getting together with family though and it's been great to have a few days away from work for the extended weekend.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 820 Member
    Options

PW 161.2
    CW 159.6
    Goal

I am at goal and in maintenance. I am nervous about this as I never have tried to maintain a weight in my life.

Have a Great Friday!

Congratulations again! My past experience has been that losing the weight is easy compared to maintenance! I've failed over and over again and regained the weight. I'm determined to keep it off this time ... please share your experiences as I'll be in the same situation by the end of the year!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 273 Member
    Options

@lindamtuck2018 I hear you! Can I lose? Yep, that song has been on repeat forever. But how to intentionally (and happily) keep this hard-fought ground? Mystery...

We are here for you, too! Please let us know what you learn. :)

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Sw: 276 lb

Pw: 184 lb
    Cw: 182.4 lb

6.4lb to goal!

You are seriously kill it🔥
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 you are my hero 🫶🏽
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    pw 185.0
    cw 184.1

• liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Liketoyak
    Weigh-in day Friday, November 24

SW-304
    PW-291.7
    CW-290.2
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations! How fantastic to reach your goals! <3<3
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,341 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    PW: 220.2 after 15+ days of bliss ....
    CW: no clue, can’t find my scale after moving.

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

11/19 ~ 18,536
    11/20 ~ 20,780 moving day :) ~ My last move was 24,402 ~ I was a slacker on Monday :)
    11/21 ~ 9,765
    11/22 ~ 9,729
    11/23 ~ 8,830
    11/24 ~ 20,823
    11/25
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations 🎉🍾🎈

PW 174.0
    CW 173.9
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,835 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations again on getting to goal! You are an inspiration to us all.

PW 168.2
    CW 169.6 Expected - always amazed that you can gain 4 pounds in one day. (yup up four pounds from Wednesday to Thursday). It never seems to go down 4 pounds in a day - LOL. I was right back at it yesterday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

PW 161.2
    CW 159.6
    Goal

Have a Great Friday!

Congratulations again! My past experience has been that losing the weight is easy compared to maintenance! I've failed over and over again and regained the weight. I'm determined to keep it off this time ... please share your experiences as I'll be in the same situation by the end of the year!

I can’t wait for you to join me in the goal zone. We can lean on each other as we navigate a new phase of our journey.
    RoblinB wrote: »

@lindamtuck2018 I hear you! Can I lose? Yep, that song has been on repeat forever. But how to intentionally (and happily) keep this hard-fought ground? Mystery...

We are here for you, too! Please let us know what you learn. :)

Thank you. I will definitely share my experience.
    Congrats @lindamtuck2018 for being at goal...I am so proud of you and your accomplishments🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thank you Megan!
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 you are my hero 🫶🏽

Thanks!
    pw 185.0
    cw 184.1

Nice loss!
    liketoyak wrote: »
    Liketoyak
    Weigh-in day Friday, November 24

SW-304
    PW-291.7
    CW-290.2

Congrats on the loss!
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations 🎉🍾🎈

PW 174.0
    CW 173.9

Well done! Thank you!
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations again on getting to goal! You are an inspiration to us all.

PW 168.2
    CW 169.6 Expected - always amazed that you can gain 4 pounds in one day. (yup up four pounds from Wednesday to Thursday). It never seems to go down 4 pounds in a day - LOL. I was right back at it yesterday.

Thank you! Getting back on track the very next day is so important after indulging on a special holiday. So by doing that it shows how invested you are to your weight loss. I know in the past it would take me days to get back on track. Well done!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I just had the huge pleasure of moving your wonderful captain @lindamtuck2018 to the Goal Zone section of the team!
    sqjmopwubu3z.png
    This is a wonderful, scary, exciting moment. Linda has lost 103 pounds. Now the big challenge is to keep it off! I have been working that tightrope act for 11 years now, and it is sometimes tricky. Guaranteed, though - it gets easier! Our bodies are amazing at adapting to a new normal, but it takes time and vigilance. So, Team Downsizers - celebrate and support Linda! She will be working at finding this new normal and then planting her feet there to stay. It takes a team, just as losing does.

Welcome to the world of maintenance, my friend! Keep tracking, moving, eating plenty of fibre, and you'll be acing this!

Thank you so much! It was a scary moment yesterday when I changed my calories to maintaining. I may come look to you for advice as I navigate maintaining my weight. Congratulations to you for keeping your weight off for 11 years.
This discussion has been closed.