Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    @abowersgirl You got it right! Since you weigh in on Saturday, your first official weigh in for the group will be the 6th.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sunday steps3320
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    We would like to extend a "thank you" to our former Motivator, @Sbus12 for her help during the time she was on the leadership team.

We are now seeking a new Motivator to work with our team. If you have a few extra minutes a few times a week that you could pitch in and be part of our leadership team, I would love to chat with you. Job is fairly simple...just share your experiences, words of wisdom, support to our members who might have questions...or simply give an occasion pep talk, share a meme, positive quote, picture, etc...anything to lift our team's spirits or give new knowledge about all issues concerning a fitness, weight-loss journey. FYI this does not require recording the stats or spreadsheet work...

Requirements are creativity and a caring heart...which describes pretty much everyone already here! Let me know if you're interested and we will talk more about it. Would love to hear from you...

Thanks,
    Jessica

@Pupowl @Cyncia85 @jugar FYI...
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Sunday steps3320
    @Armygirlarmyof1

I'm assuming this is your request to register for the step challenge for January? Will your daily goal remain at 4500 like December, or would you like to adjust it. Please continue to report in every 2-3 days...I know you usually do daily, but want to make sure the commitment is clear. Thank!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Cyncia85 Is 204.5 your start weight for this month, please? Thanks!
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,306 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 12/29: 11,332
    Sat 12/30: 13,861
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW I’m so sorry for both you and your children’s loss. Christmas makes it especially difficult.

I had a very nice New Year’s Eve. It’s my husband’s birthday and it was also his dad’s. His father passed away in January 2019. This is the first year it wasn’t brutally painful. We still missed him, but even my husband was in good spirits.

I’d like to join the step challenge for January. My goal is 10,000 and I like to run on our town bike path when it’s not icy.
    It might be a bit up and down as I’m tapering for a marathon on the 14th and then recovering afterwards, so less steps, but at least I’ll have one big day, hopefully!!!

Steps for 12/31. 16,942

Have a great New Year!
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the step challenge for the month. My goal is 10,000 steps/day. I generally go for a walk with my boys down to the park for my most of my steps. I also run on the treadmill at the gym. Neither are particularly my favorite, but that's what's available at the moment.

Steps
    12/31: 14,839
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, no, I'm gonna have to step away from the step challenge until March after knee surgery and I'm healed. 10 days and a wake up.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, no, I'm gonna have to step away from the step challenge until March after knee surgery and I'm healed. 10 days and a wake up.

@Armygirlarmyof1 Understood...hope your surgery goes well...Habits are funny...you reported your steps and didn't need to...LOL! Happy New Year!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, ikr? But that's a good habit and I'm going to feel off for a couple months
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    One more Shape Shifter joining for January! Please welcome @ghizon - enjoy!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

I would like to join your steps challenge. Goal 8,000 steps. Favorite place to walk, in Nature... however I live in the city... so my neighborhood and local parks are the next best thing.

12/30- 1,571 (lots of computer time)

@looneycatblue (Remind me your first name so I can fill it in on the chart)...tracking for Jan starts today...so no worries on your computer time! I'm addicted to that stupid Monopoly Go game...I get it...SMH!
    Jessica

Teresa
    Wish I was playing games... my side job.😑
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/1: 15,686
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh-in day
    PW:142
    CW:141.5

Steps:
    Dec.29= 9983
    Dec.30= 8640
    Dec.31= 9681

Happy New Year Everyone!
    My Name is Jen and I live in a small town in Southern Alberta Canada. I think I want to change my fitness goals and try something new this year. I was walking to work and it worked great, but with the colder weather and icy conditions, I think it best to find an "indoor" fitness program lol I was thinking of a dance exercise type one, something fun with good music, to keep me motivated and engaged.

I would like to sign up for the January Step Challenge, my goal is 10,000 steps per day. I will prob walk on the treadmill this winter till it's nicer and safer to walk outside on the paths again. Thank you

Jan 01= 8885
This discussion has been closed.