LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/31 4,454
    1/1 6,285
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the ridiculously long introduction!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    @CassandraW —I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. It’s so difficult to see our children suffer, and it must be especially difficult to deal with the complexity of emotions you’re likely feeling.

I’m sure your children are gaining strength and learning resilience with you as a role model. Congratulations on establishing a new foundation for your family after dealing with your own trauma. Grief takes time but your children will always remember how you helped them cope during this year. Wishing you and your family brighter days in 2024. ❤️‍🩹
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi team shapeshifters!

Could 2 different scales give me different results?

When I joined, I had just weighed myself using a digital scale at the pharmacy. Then a day or two later I tried the digital scale at home, and it got me 4 lbs heavier 😳 worst part is, when I moved the scale from one spot to another, there was like a whole pound difference lol

Is this common with digital scales? It’s a fairly new scale.

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi team shapeshifters!

When I joined, I had just weighed myself using a digital scale at the pharmacy. Then a day or two later I tried the digital scale at home, and it got me 4 lbs heavier 😳 worst part is, when I moved the scale from one spot to another, there was like a whole pound difference lol

I use a digital scale. I had that happen to me too. I found an even area in my office. That is where the scales stay. I also weigh myself at the same time everyday with no clothes on. First thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. Best way to get your best weight. That is what my doctor said to do.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    @tatilove1988 It is very common that different scales give different weight readings. It is best to just use the same one when possible. making sure the scale is on a flat and hard surface is also very important. I can only weigh in my bathroom. If I put it in the bedroom that has a softer floor, it gives me a different reading. While the gain is annoying, I would just go with your scale at home since that is the one you have most access to. We can update your starting weight so you won't immediately start off with a gain. Just let us know the new number and then weigh in again on Saturday. :smile:
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

alleykat69 wrote: »
    Hi team shapeshifters!

I use a digital scale. I had that happen to me too. I found an even area in my office. That is where the scales stay. I also weigh myself at the same time everyday with no clothes on. First thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. Best way to get your best weight. That is what my doctor said to do.

Hi there!

I also try to weigh myself in the morning, as the fluctuation between morning and evening can be insane.

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @tatilove1988 i second everyone about being consistent in how you weigh. I split my time between two places and the scales are about 1 pound difference. 4 pounds is a big difference, but you’re looking at the trend overall.

Steps

1/2. 15838
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,148 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Weigh-in Wk 1 Jan
    PW: 306.0
    CW: 306.5

Forgot to post...
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo good for you with the strength work! I don’t do enough.

Steps

1/3. 6722
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo good for you with the strength work! I don’t do enough.

Steps

1/3. 6722

Thank you🥰 - I appreciate it- I'm also incorporating Flow Yoga 31 days with Adriene for January + yoga classes from my yoga studio
This discussion has been closed.