WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune

Way to be intentional and pre planning your success! Thank you for sharing. Very inspiring. Excited for your improved spaces!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @jugar - I’ve been thinking about my adventure list as well. This time of year is always challenging because I don’t ski/snowboard, which would be easy to add to the outdoor list.

I’d have to say, for wintertime activities it would be walking while it’s light out, ice skating, tubing. For springtime and fall - longer walks, exploring new walking trails, hikes. Summer - beach walks, swimming, kayaking, sailing on the water, campfires and s’mores. Regardless of seasons - finding new coffee/tea shops, going to new museums or new exhibits.

Indoor activities - reading more, puzzles, boardgames, movie nights, baking with my husband.
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 where do I sign up for the step challenge and where do I locate the spreadsheet?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    Options
    StayFITTer wrote: »
    @jugar @ashleycarole86

Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 188
    CW (Current Weight): 189

Grateful we have a lot of month left *face palm*

I'll be participating in the step challenge and the habits challenge.

I'll see your face palm and raise you one great week to come with the habits and steps! Good to see you on the habit tracker. Let's make this work!
  • jugar
    Options
    What a great bunch of people you are! This is fun :smiley:

I am super excited today - I had the best schooling session with Jasper, finally breaking the uncertainty and fear barrier and cantering in the indoor arena with success. We have done it a few times, with chaotic and unsatisfying results, but today it was beautiful. He is stronger, our new saddle really makes a huge difference for both of us, we kept our cool and did all the things right. Now we settle in to working at all the gaits, just making it all feel normal, building more muscle and flexibility. I'm setting up a schedule and a plan. Watch out, Jasper! (but don't worry - lots of trail rides too)

@Gidgitgoescrzy I have every hope that your Ireland trip will finally happen and be wonderful. Every time it has been cancelled was such a disappointment - now you are going to get ready, and finally be over there! It sounds amazing - so keep up your good work - I think you've got your mojo back for sure :smiley:

@lauren_989 you have gotten back on track with a vengeance! 8 pounds slid off in one week - wow!! Your thoughts about how much you ate when you just let yourself go for it are interesting. Portion control is hard once you are eating foods that can push the "can't stop" button. But at least pre-planning and logging those foods, keeping only as much as you're planning to have in the house, and all those steps you have to take in advance help. I often find it easier just to cut them out altogether except for 1 day a week, or some other schedule that makes it possible not to worry about it. Let us know what you did this week to get such a quick turnaround - it can be "dangerous" to lose that much so quickly, and rebounds happen - but since you put it on quickly, that might not be a problem. In any case, you are back on track! Well done.

Love the adventure lists! The big chore list is less fun to put together, but hopefully we'll keep having adventures and not need it :sweat_smile:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @jugar 3 weeks ago, I was at 206 pounds, so most of the weight I gained was water and fluid. I started tracking again and drinking a lot of water. As I said, I did indulge on pizza and wings for NYE, but my average calories for the week was 1800/day.

As @lindamartin27 asked, will the spreadsheet for January be posted soon?
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @jugar 3 weeks ago, I was at 206 pounds, so most of the weight I gained was water and fluid. I started tracking again and drinking a lot of water. As I said, I did indulge on pizza and wings for NYE, but my average calories for the week was 1800/day.

As @lindamartin27 asked, will the spreadsheet for January be posted soon?

The spreadsheet is always there, but I forgot to post the link on the home page - sorry!! Team members can view only - all the info is entered by the captains, but it is always interesting to go check it out. If you see any mistakes let us know!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LDAu15W-Zo4fQkNpmRwGaVZW2-yRCg32A-yYsDhxdBM/edit?usp=sharing

I'll go put the link where it belongs...
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready for hump day? Here's who is due through Wednesday:

@coraliesara9089
    @cleaneater80
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.