• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    Good Morning
    Steps:
    Jan 02= 8652
    Jan 03= 10,575

I've been so tired when I get home from work, that I have not worked out once yet in this new year :( Hoping for a burst of enery soon lol

I imagine you need some recovery time after working so many hours without a break during the holiday season. You’ll get that energy back after some focused time to rest! Best wishes! ❤️‍🩹
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    1/1 8094
    1/2 8000
    1/3 4482
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue Need your steps for Dec 31 please, that is when the month started for the step challenge, thanks!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Hope everyone had a great start to the new year. Mine was rough, but thats ok. I have stomach issues, and had a flare up newyears, and ended up with a horrible 3 day side ache, so have not worked out in a few days. I have continues to eat fairly well (aside from 1 had 1 really not good meal, lol) I am feeling better now, taking today to clean the house, help my kiddo with school, and being lazy as I had a terrible week at work. Hope all are doing well
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    kcpond wrote: »
    kcpond

Thursday Weigh In
    PW: 238.3
    CW: 136.9

@kcpond I think you meant 236.9? Let me know if that's right please.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Hello all. Hope everyone had a great start to the new year. Mine was rough, but thats ok. I have stomach issues, and had a flare up newyears, and ended up with a horrible 3 day side ache, so have not worked out in a few days. I have continues to eat fairly well (aside from 1 had 1 really not good meal, lol) I am feeling better now, taking today to clean the house, help my kiddo with school, and being lazy as I had a terrible week at work. Hope all are doing well

Glad you're feeling better @angmarie28...
    Jessica
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    kcpond wrote: »
    kcpond

Thursday Weigh In
    PW: 238.3
    CW: 136.9

@kcpond I think you meant 236.9? Let me know if that's right please.
    Jessica

Yes, that is what I meant. I just noticed that. CW should be 236.9.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85 Is 204.5 your start weight for this month, please? Thanks!
    Jessica

Yes, thank you @jessicakrall8

And late weigh-in

Sun Dec 31 Weigh-in
    PW: 204.5
    CW: 205.0
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @tatilove1988 It is very common that different scales give different weight readings. It is best to just use the same one when possible. making sure the scale is on a flat and hard surface is also very important. I can only weigh in my bathroom. If I put it in the bedroom that has a softer floor, it gives me a different reading. While the gain is annoying, I would just go with your scale at home since that is the one you have most access to. We can update your starting weight so you won't immediately start off with a gain. Just let us know the new number and then weigh in again on Saturday. :smile:

Hi, thanks so much for your answer 😃. The new number is 192.4 instead of 188. It’s really odd that it’s such a big difference.

I’m wondering if I should switch to a mechanical scale. Or at the very least, get a better digital one. I hate the thought that I might be getting the wrong reading depending on where I am.

Anyway, thanks again! Happy new year 🥳

@tatilove - my thought on this is to not focus on the number from the scale. When I go to the doctor and they weigh me the number is usually higher for a few different reasons. If you have the funds for a scale, great, otherwise use the scale you own - save your money for something else. Also, it is earth friendly to keep what you own if it still does the job (in my humble opinion). I would focus more on how you feel. You could incorporate tape measurements if you're not doing that already.

Be consistent with your scale. Same spot and roughly same time of day when you step on the scale. Be aware of how you feel when you're stepping on the scale as well.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @looneycatblue Need your steps for Dec 31 please, that is when the month started for the step challenge, thanks!

Steps 12/31. 3604 oops
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    CW: 193.0

Stopped logging food over vacation and the holidays, but I know how to lose weight so I'm not too upset. Focusing on hitting my three weightlifting sessions per week and 2+ cardio days.
This discussion has been closed.