Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    High winds!
    Damp! Seawater spray! High tide flooding! Tsunami dangers!
    Seagulls pooing on your head!
    Annoying surf/waves crashing on the sea-shore!
    I suppose some weird people may even enjoy that last one!

I’ll trade you for unbearable heat, stunted trees, no rain for months! Tornadoes and flash floods! Hail the size of baseballs. Cracked ground, relentless brown landscapes! Birds dropping dead from heat. Tar balls on the Gulf coast beaches in Houston.
    It ain’t paradise here either!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    Options
    How is the Gulf coast doing these days?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    How is the Gulf coast doing these days?

How’s the Pacific doing?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Gahhhh! Saw the ortho guy this morning. One more week with the annoying brace. It’s only been 5 weeks and minimum immobilization is 6. Good news is he thinks I can do the minimum and won’t need therapy. I just need to do some home exercises and be gentle with the wrist.

I’m just impatient to get back to my routines - like driving again. Being chauffeured is getting old. Sometimes I need to escape hubby’s watchful eyes 👀.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But... but... he takes you to SALES!
    I fear for what you would do without his 👀 -- probably FULL PRICE only!
    :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Nah - it’s not sales or spending - I’m fairly frugal. Hubby just hovers over me especially when I’m not well because he knows I am prone to disregard doctors orders. Can’t behave myself. For example while hubby was out grocery shopping I felt the need to vacuum the whole house.
    I need my independence. I like to take time to just wander off alone and have adventures. But I haven’t been able to drive for nearly six weeks and the constant togetherness is making me crazy 😜
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I actually logged yesterday. And stayed in calories. So I am impressed with myself.

I already have dinner and dessert logged for today as well.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Snowing here today so I had to skip the gym. I am keeping up with my tracking and staying within my goals. Still not sleeping but I feel ok with that. I sure hate the cold but at least the roads weren't too bad driving to work. Going to see my patients then lounge on the couch with my blanket for the rest of the day.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    I actually logged yesterday. And stayed in calories. So I am impressed with myself.

I already have dinner and dessert logged for today as well.

I’m impressed too! Keep up the good work.

Sorry about the snow Scout. It’s winter in Texas too. The natives are complaining because it will only be low 60s today. 🙄. The winter wear is out in full force.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey Scout...

jeez... I had to count on my fingers to figure out if the '81 was you or your son! Shush NOW! I DID figure it out--eventually! But I had to use BOTH hands AND toes!

ANY-WHO!

What's with the no-sleep thing?

Gramps here says... tried that
    .... ending not so recommended good
    avoiding better

So..... 'sup duck?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So I'm to be "subjected" to old calendar Christmas 🎄 dinner😳 and I already don't have enough calories left for a normal dinner!😳😱

Trying to come up with a plan!
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 6
    Options
    Well Mr. PAV almost time to bust out the black party pants for the late Christmas party! Bet there’s cabbage and piroshki. You can’t insult the Eastern Europeans by refusing their food offerings.
    Guess the plan is to do better tomorrow?
  • PAV8888
    edited January 7
    Options
    Well... so far the weather has cooperated brilliantly in coming up with "some sort of" plan!

And someone's tail was up too! AND I managed to triangulate and locate her tile that has been missing for exactly one week less a few hours!

Just a single pic on a one day link: https://icedrive.net/s/vZ5F3uVNbjkYfkk1V3BvXW19T4AV

How nice the sun was through the trees can't be seen. But have managed to squirrel away about 1500 Cal for the rest of the day before running into negative weight loss issues :wink: So should let me have at least a cabbage roll or three!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Thank you for pics, PAV.

Having a tricky time posting. Phone typing not my strong suite... can't use dictation - small house - no place to dictate without bothering someone 😁. So good to see everyone. And it feels like my missing body part is back in place when I spend time with The Boy. But. It will be nice to have space to breathe again. I'm sure they are really feeling it too / though they've been very gracious. And I miss my girl. ❤️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Saw the cardiologist yesterday. Checked under the hood - I’m good for another 10000 miles. I was complimented for doing everything I possibly can right. Check off ✅ another plus for losing weight.
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Who knows Pav. My body just decided that it was no longer going to sleep! I go to bed....and just lay there for hours. I usually get a few hours but not much. Hopefully if my body wants more sleep then it will take it. lol
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    My brace is off and wrist is feeling pretty good 👍. However now I have a cold! Took a covid test - negative. A miserable cold….just when I was starting to get back into a rhythm at the gym.

Hope I get over it fast. I’ve got things to do and places to go!
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Man Yooly. You can’t win for loosing.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey get well asap ms Yooly! Colds and multiple COVID tests over several days should NOT be part of your reality especially after the ata girl from the doc! Hopefully you're feeling better already! 😳
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hey get well asap ms Yooly! Colds and multiple COVID tests over several days should NOT be part of your reality especially after the ata girl from the doc! Hopefully you're feeling better already! 😳

Working on it. Lots of fluids and sleep.

Supposed to get really cold here by Monday. Freezing temperatures and maybe ice. I see Vancouver is going to be Brrrrrrr too.