Chat Room

Options

Replies

• stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Good evening

I gained a little bit at TOPS, but I wasn’t alone. All of us gained this week. We have something to work on this week! We did have a KOPS that was the Loser of the Month. But she turned down the prize because she is above goal, but still in leeway. She’s using that as an incentive to get below goal. I challenged everyone to have a no gain month. If they do, I’ll figure out a pin for them. This is a HUGE challenge for December!

Sounds like you have a good plan. I hope it works out for you.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks Bea! The group I am visiting and will transfer to on the 13th we all had no gain this week
    Yesterday I worked a half hour extra and wanted to stay but after giving me the choice to stay or go they sent me home. It was a little weird. I felt bad leaving when they still had so much to do. They ended up working an hour extra after I left. Also the boss gave me more compliments and said that he has heard good things from the supervisor about me. I told him I was grateful for and looking forward to the opportunity to learn the cooking side of things. He told me he wanted me to learn it before my friend goes on leave for her surgery so I can take her place while she's off. Another of my friends from the course also got hired yesterday so work is only going to become more fun. Today the ex decided to stick to his usual end of month fits. Which just made me mad. Bills need to be paid before anything else. Then we got our COVID and flu shots. After I got home I went to my friends and we went shopping at the mall. This gave the ex a few hours to get his attitude back under control before I came home for dinner. Tomorrow it's back to the mall with my ex and Son for Christmas shopping.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good afternoon

It’s been cold and dreary here for the last week or so. Not much going on here. I have a doctor appointment with the surgeon that did my knee. It’s been just over 5 months since my knee replacement. It’s on Tuesday. Weather is supposed to be snowy then.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry didn't make it yesterday as planned.

Yesterday was Christmas shopping at the mall with my Son. The ex was supposed to come but stayed home which was fine with me. We had lunch at the food court. I had a greek salad and gyro. Got home by 3. Then had to listen to the ex complain that I wouldn't show him what I got everyone. Told him if he went he would know. Then went to my friends for a couple hours. Came home and made dinner. Today was Church, grabbing a few groceries, filing some paperwork online, lunch and nap. Also did some laundry, dishes and made dinner. Hopefully will make it back in to visit on Wednesday but not sure as I am working Monday - Thursday this week. Either way will definitely be in on Friday.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening

Today has been a very frustrating day, dealing with a child in an adult body. Her biggest problem is no one expects her to do her responsibilities. She has 3 kids and expects everyone to do her responsibilities. I got roped in to cleaning up the mess she did because she chooses to be a little girl. She 24 years old but chooses not to be an adult.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening

I saw the surgeon who did my knee. He said all is good, see you in 6 months. We then had lunch with friends and did some shopping. I’m tired now.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea I completely understand dealing with adults who choose to act like children. My ex is like that a lot of the time. Glad the surgeon is happy with the progress of your knee.

Worked Monday through Friday. Back to work on Monday. The ex has been up and down with his moods and that's fine as I am mainly only home when I have to be. My Son and I spent today out and about grabbing a few things for making Christmas cookies. I even grabbed a few cheap decorations because I felt weird not decorating at all. I even bought a felt tree with lights and felt decorations. Tomorrow I am going to Church twice then to my sister's as we're going to the cemetery to put a wreath on our parents grave.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening

Life has been crazy the last week or so. Friday I took Mary for her monthly shopping and Christmas shopping. Everything went well but I was really tired. I made a really quick and easy supper. About an hour later I was freezing and every joint hurt. I felt like someone kicked my shin really hard. Then I got hot and sick to my stomach. Then I was cold. This happened until I went to bed.

The worst of it was we had a booth at a Christmas Bazaar on Saturday. I wasn’t sure how much I would be able to do. A lite breakfast was all I could “stomach “. It went well. We made a few bucks and some really good contacts, with hopefully chapter growth.

On top of all this, Robert came down with a nasty cold. I thought he had either bronchitis or pneumonia. I insisted he see a doctor yesterday. We went to Urgent Care. He had a chest xray and no pneumonia or bronchitis! But because of his COPD, the doctor prescribed prednisone and an antibiotic. It could have got worse quick fast and with Christmas in a short time, we didn’t want it worse.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA.

Hope you both are feeling better and had a great Christmas.

Life has been crazy with work and the holidays. Got lots of things on my Christmas list. The ex has made it miserable enough over Christmas that my son left on boxing day and is refusing to come and visit with me anymore. Exercise is minimal. On days off I find I spend most of the day sleeping on and off. The ex doesn't do much around here and that drives me crazy as I end up having to do everything on my days off. I will do my best to check-in but probably won't except on my days off which are Fridays and Saturdays. Happy New Year everyone!
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Robert is a lot better. We had a good Christmas, better than most.

Sorry that your Christmas wasn’t good. I hope things get better for you.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Happy New Year!

Thanks for all the support and suggestions.

My ex isn't the father of my Son but has been in his life for most of it. I can understand my ex's feelings some what. He hasn't lived with us for many years and the ex has gotten stuck in his ways but I don't consider that a great excuse.

Anyways this week has been a long one. But so glad to have three days off. Wednesday was the most stressful of them all. I even cried at work. The ex has been sick and has done nothing around the house even when he has been feeling well. Today I went out and got some new bras that were way overdue. So much more comfortable. I am one step closer to freedom as this week I was finally taken off the ex's check. Next step is to figure out my finances so I can cover my expenses and still save money for the move. I can and will do this.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening

I hope it all works out for you!

This week has been no different than most weeks. Some days I do well and others not so good. I’ve had tiny gains in the last couple weeks at TOPS. I need to get my act together since Christmas. Most of the junk food is either eaten or out of the house.

Next week Mary has an appointment with eye doctor. Not much else going on.

Thankfully the depressing for has gone. It was here day after day for a couple weeks.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

You've got this! I am on a steady gain of about 2 lbs a week. This needs to change and know it will once I get everything figured out.

Planned on checking in last night but didn't get it done. So glad to see how active our chat is. We got a bit of snow overnight but is all melted. But more is on the way. Really was hoping for some decent snow so I could make some extra cash with my side job. Yesterday was spent sleeping doing dishes and visiting with my friend. My new routine seems to include sleeping most of Saturday. Today I went to Church, did some laundry, read, crafted and made dinner for myself. I made quesadillas using chicken I brought home from work earlier in the week. Actually got my MFP account to work properly on my phone with the website so was able to track my food tonight. Other than the ex being lazy when it comes to getting chores done his attitude today was not bad. I am learning to worry about myself when it comes to meals and let him fend for himself. We have eaten meals together for so long I have to learn to not stress about eating by myself.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good afternoon

We’re expecting a big storm and really cold. I’m not ready for this, not that I’m ever ready for it. I just hope it stays away at least until I get home tomorrow when I take Mary to Missoula. It’s for an eye appointment and her monthly shopping.

In the current TOPS News magazine (page 6, I think) is a story about 3 generations of TOPS Montana Queens.
  • JPismefromSP
    JPismefromSP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello, I hope the day finds you well. I haven't been active on MFP for a while and decided to come back now. My group had the first weigh in of the year tonight. I put on a few pounds over the holiday break. While this is a setback, I am more concerned that since I joined TOPS in 2019, I have actually put on more weight than I took off at any point. I am discouraged to the point I have thought of quitting. I have decided though to continue but also try to attend other meetings outside of my local group and touch base more online. We'll see how it goes.

@stiggymt - I am expecting weather here as well, probably not as big a storm as you though. Ours is mostly cold wet and wind so ice most likely. Please be safe while traveling.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening

Hi JP! I’m glad you checked in. I wish MyFitnessPal would send notices when someone posts here, but they don’t. So you need to check in here every day or at least every few days.

I’m encouraging you to don’t quit TOPS! Just hang in there! I know it can be very discouraging at times. Share it with your chapter, or at least with one or two other members. That pesky scales can be very stubborn at times. Right now, I’m working at getting my KOPS status back. Christmas, Covid, Christmas, Christmas and another Christmas put the weight on. So I had to work on my attitude! So last year, I lost 10 pounds, which is better that gaining another 10 pounds. I maintained through Christmas this year (which is from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day).

This is something you need to work on! I know you can do this. As I said before, tak to someone. Maybe another one who is struggling or maybe one who has maintained KOPS for awhile, or a new KOPS, maybe maybe all three. This is some suggestions. Keep in touch here.

I’ve told others that TOPS is not a magic cure. We are cheer leaders. We celebrate with each other and we sympathize when (not if) we see defeat.

Our big snow storm was mostly rain with a little snow mixed in. But we’re supposed to get snow and extreme cold later this week. Ugh! I guessed we can’t complain too much. This is January in Montana!
  • JPismefromSP
    edited January 10
    Options
    Hello Everyone and @stiggymt -

I agree about the notifications from MFP when someone posts. I have the app that I use more for tracking nutrition and it is set up to send me notifications but I don't get them. I will definitely be checking in more on my laptop (it's easier to type this much).

Thanks for the encouragement. Your idea to speak with KOPS members confirms the fact that I need to step outside my chapter. We don't have any KOPS or anyone who has been.
    Ironically, I was voted cheerleader and received a special pin for my positive attitude. I find that being the "positive one" makes it especially difficult when you need cheering.
    Even more entertaining is I recently gave up treasurer position for co-leader. I'm hoping to find new ways to create a fresh environment with the leader. While she trends toward traditionally done she talks like she is open to new ideas.

Our storm turned out to be all wind and nothing else. Expecting more over the weekend, maybe. I'm in central Ohio and it all depends on how far fronts dip or rise haha.

Wishing you the best day, JP
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good afternoon

Change is hard. I don’t like change. But sometimes change is better. I’ve learned to embrace change. Nearly every time the change was/is better. TOPS, like any organization, is full of different personalities! Sometimes that can be a challenge in itself. I hope you can be a good influence.

We’re having a blizzard now. It started this afternoon. Later the temperature is supposed to drop below 0. Ugh!
  • JPismefromSP
    Options
    Hello, I read your post on the question regarding fundraiser and such. I'm sorry for you and your groups losses. It is difficult when you loose a member of your TOPS "family".

I'm working on putting together a contest right now. I want to try the July/Aug 2022 Slow and Steady. It focuses on .2 pounds at a time with no real end date, just when someone reaches the goal. I think this will be a good way for my group to refocus.

Today was actually quite nice here. We are expecting rain and snow over the next few days. Sounds like what you get in MT I get a milder version a day or two later in OH. I most certainly can't imagine a full blizzard here. Maybe years ago when I was growing up in the snow belt but not down central.

Good chatting, I'm popping off. Going to read a chapter or two before bed. Finally found a book that has me wanting to read rather than just reading.

Have the best day! JP
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea - you are always an inspiration and proof that we can do this even if we struggle! Thanks for taking care of the chat when I am to busy to be here. I wish I had more time like before.

JP - Welcome back! Sorry I'm not around much but I get in when I can. I agree with Bea don't give up on TOPS. I started in November 2018 and was about 10 lbs from goal near the end of COVID lockdowns. Then my Mom passed away that January and it has been a roller coaster ever since with mainly ups on the scale. Yes it's a struggle and it's hard. But if we put in the work we can change our out come. Just recently I have moved to a new group due to my work schedule. They are my fourth group since starting. I encourage everyone to visit other groups if possible as each group is different and you may find a group that fits better.

I have done my best to skim through the many posts from everyone.

Now to get on with catching you all up on what is going on in my life..... Monday was a busy pack day at work as always, Tuesday was even busier with prep for Wednesday cook day and ended up working over 9 hours, Wednesday was TOPS and lost three lbs although I have no clue how and worked over 9 hours, and Thursday got up and shoveled snow and worked only an hour over my shift and then got to visit my BFF for a couple hours before going home. That brings us to Today lol. Today I have off from work and slept in then ran some errands in the morning. Got to my sister's to spend the weekend with my son while there out of town around 1pm. We spent the afternoon just chilling and hanging out then made dinner together. So nice to have normalcy and peace back in my life for a couple days. It started raining after I arrived then switched to snow definitely more than yesterday but they say it's supposed to switch back to rain and all be gone again.

Here's a pic of the snow on my way to work yesterday. Granted by 2pm when I took my first break it was gone. Not sure why I bothered shoveling LoL.

eedsxhtlz0gx.jpg

Next Sunday my schedule is changing. Sundays we start at 4am and Wednesdays we start at 6 pm. This is due to the availability of our temporary kitchen for about 3 weeks while we wait for our kitchen to be completed at work. Our company is growing faster that the boss expected and we don't have enough employees either. On top of everything else our city's bus service is possibly striking starting on Monday at 12:01 am.

Connie