Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    oxkz8m7mm02t.png

QUESTION: What is one of your bad eating habits? How can you change this behavior?

My bad eating habit is eating out of habit. I need to start listening to my body and eat only when I am hungry and when "it's time to eat".
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    oxkz8m7mm02t.png

QUESTION: What is one of your bad eating habits? How can you change this behavior?

Boredom eating. I'm a chronic boredom eater. It's hard at work to control this bc somedays, we have a lot of down time. I can only walk in place, scroll the interwebs, play games, watch TV, and color so much, before I'm looking for a snack.
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    littlebabekitty
    Sunday Weight In:
    CW: 196.4
    PW: 197.4
    GW: 135

Hey Slims, hows everyone doing? I didnt so perfectly last week but I somehow ended up loosing 1lb 🤷‍♀️. Hopefully I keep it off until next week. Want to really be out of the 90s range atleast for my birthday next month. Its so hard as lately ive been dealing with a lot anxiety and stress. I will keep trying.

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

@txcritter69 Suits is such a good show!! Harvey! <3 It’s always fun to hang out with friends. Yeah, this is a new week and if you go into it with determination and commitment you will see much better results. :)

@micaroo4 I’m sorry that Rich has Covid. I hope he gets to the doctor soon and that you don’t catch it too!

@19shmoo69 Are those your birdfeeders? I love Cardinals! <3

@trooworld, Ugh I know you are frustrated that your husband didn’t do his to-do list. He needs to step it up and fix that walking pad! Pun intended! :D That bag is super cute! I have much of the same problem with unplanned meals too. For me it’s, I don’t want to cook let’s go to Chick-fil-A and instead of getting a salad or the grilled nuggets, I end up with a meal that is way too high in calories. I like your idea of having “instant meals” that fit into what we should eat. Then maybe save those high-calorie meals for special occasions and “planned indulgences.”

Hello everyone! I am on week three of my workout program, where we repeat each collection 4 times. So, today was my third time doing this upper body workout and I did manage to go up in weight a few times. My arms were like spaghetti and I had to run to Aldi and carry heavy things. Ugh!!! We got some exciting news that Joe’s youngest son, daughter-in-law, and 10-year-old granddaughter will be visiting us on Easter weekend. I love those people so, I’m very excited. And I’m even more motivated to get as much weight off as I can before their visit. Plus, I will need something cute to wear to church that Sunday.
    Word for 2024 - Strive

Question of the week: I think my worst eating habit is making my portions too large for dinner. I have no problem controlling other meals but then I cook for dinner and I end up eating more than I should and then feeling too full. I am going to try to work on this.
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    Replying to questions and comments 💕

1. QUESTION: What is one of your bad eating habits? How can you change this behavior?

One of my bad eating habits is snacking on not so healthy snacks after dinner. Specially when I go over my carbs for the day which triggers my carb and sugar cravings. I will try to change this by being mindful of my macros and stocking up on healthy snack options and keep in check with my water intake.

2. QUESTION
    What is the one main thing you hope to improve this year in yourself?

My mental health. It has affected me a lot going through a lot of traumatic events and stress last year. I let myself give in to negative thoughts and make excuses as to not stepping forward and not do as best to improve myself and my life. This year I will focus on working on healing and taking care of myself both mentally and physically no matter the cost. I will make a great effort to face my mental blockages and I will do this by being consistent with my daily routine/goals and in prayer with God 🙏

~~

Hope everyone that is sick feels better soon!

@KatMary71 Allergies suck. Hope you feel better. I only get allergies in the spring and its hell on earth. That app you described sounds like fun please share. Wow that video mel robbins is so good thanks for sharing, I really needed this motivation/wakeup call. I started watching and realize its almost an hour long so I will watch it in increments. "Dont have a chronic snooze button" life changing!

@morenin , Glad your puppies surgery went well.

@trooworld , Your shadow box sounds amazing. I love making momentos like that. I am planning to make some for my kids with their baby and toddler stuff. I also need to organize my craft space. I could use some ideas and tips. Would u be willing to share some of your set up pics for ideas? Also your woodland bag is super adorable. 😍

@Teresaw2024 ,I love pink and fuzzy things so Id love to see your pink coat. Thanks for the show recommendation. I will check it out. I mostly watch and am a big fan of asian dramas. I just finished watching Good Day to be a Dog korean drama on the Viki channel. I love how they mix comedy, romance and mystery at the same time. I also recommend The King's Affection on netflix. Anyone else watch asian dramas?

@9ishsmoo69 Beautiful pic, love it. At first I couldn't make out the birds lol then I saw them. I think the snow white confused my eyes for a sec like those hidden pictures. The bright red cardinals are so cute and plump. 🥰
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been put off being serious about losing weight cause i feel so bad about losing 5 lbs only to gain it back. This is a new week and I know I need to commit myself to something that will help move me back into that direction. This week is going to be about controlling my snacking after dinner and watching my bad carb intake.

Having a goal will help I bet! When I just do the vague "I will be healthier" with no actual goals, I tend to regress.
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    [My bad eating habit is eating out of habit. I need to start listening to my body and eat only when I am hungry and when "it's time to eat".

I do a lot of that. I'll eat dinner because it's dinner time and made, even if I'm not actually hungry.
    2. QUESTION
    What is the one main thing you hope to improve this year in yourself?

My mental health. It has affected me a lot going through a lot of traumatic events and stress last year. I let myself give in to negative thoughts and make excuses as to not stepping forward and not do as best to improve myself and my life. This year I will focus on working on healing and taking care of myself both mentally and physically no matter the cost. I will make a great effort to face my mental blockages and I will do this by being consistent with my daily routine/goals and in prayer with God 🙏

It's hard to eat right when your brain if fighting you. *hugs* I've been using the Calm app to meditate and listen to Sleep Stories to give my busy brain something non-destructive to do. And I need to get on a schedule, including going back to church! I know I'd feel better, but sometimes I feel like it takes all my energy just to get out of bed.
    oxkz8m7mm02t.png

I eat a lot of easy to grab stuff that is highly processed, giving me way too much salt combined with my personal salt shaker. I need to move towards more whole foods, both to lose weight (because of water retention) and to help stabilize my blood pressure.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options

Worst habit is eating too much sugar. Now I track it, and stay in range. I make sure that I get enough protein. I get into trouble when I start substituting sugar calories for protein. Tracking is the best way to keep it under control.
  • mybuddyplus427
    mybuddyplus427 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, Is it to late to join the Mission Slimpossibles challenge?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO

Weigh-ins needed for @megnolia82 @JadeGypsyxo @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @broncobuddee

Tomorrow weigh-in reminder for @FushiaKat

Thank you everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Options

MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES MID-JANUARY CHALLENGE!!!!

ots6nlvc8rd3.jpg

We’ve charged into the New Year and are doing our best but after 15 days many of us are struggling to stay motivated and a few have fallen off-track. Time to take it up a notch Mission Slimpossibles! Let’s spend the rest of January focusing on one area we’re most interested in improving and end the month being proud of ourselves and each other! Ideas of this would be stretching each day, meditating, taking a certain amount of steps, eating 3 servings of vegetables, logging your food, reading a chapter of a book a day, drinking a certain amount of water a day, not snacking at night, and avoiding sugar. Come up with one that is important to you and post it and how you did each day after you check in so we can cheer each other on. Let’s go team we got this! You can help your goal happen like if you’re walking each morning put your shoes and outfit out the night before so you’re more likely to go through with your goal. Let’s finish the month off strong team!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hello, Is it to late to join the Mission Slimpossibles challenge?

@mybuddyplus427 Click the below link and post there, you'll be assigned a team. New members are usually assigned a team and start at the beginning of the month so you may have to wait a couple weeks to officially start. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905562/registration-for-new-members-january-2024#latest
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @txcritter69 Do you have any favorite tomatoes and cucumbers? I just placed another tomato seed order, I've had two and started a third though I already have quite a bit. I've been thinking along the same lines as you about not putting green beans out until fall which is when they do best here too. Camping sounds fun! I want to try more melons and winter squash this year so I'll need bigger grow bags. I'm glad the BBQ was fun!

@JadeGypsyxo @Veta2018 @morenin Way to go top winners, you're doing amazing!

@morenin I'm so glad the Calm app is working so well for you, that's wonderful! I try and stay on a pretty solid sleep/eat/workout schedule, it's helped my mental health a lot. So glad the dog surgery went well! Oh no on the welt, Fitbit swears those are hypoallergenic bands which is hogwash, I couldn't wear it at all and bought a fabric band that was so much better.

@littlebabekitty I love your goals on improving your mental health, I think those who end up doing well longer-term are working on improving different aspects of themselves and making more healthy habits across the board. I just sent my link to Kik, it's an app called Finch. If you join be my friend so we can send each other good wishes throughout the day, it's really cute! I'm not a big fan of long videos either, I think the one I posted I watched at double speed!

@trooworld I love your bag so much! LOL the hubby's in trouble!

@micaroo4 It DOES seem if you keep protein in check there's less room for all the simple carbs that tend to fill that category otherwise.

@sleepygirl79 LOL I definitely feel way older in winter when everything is hurting! Hope your doctor's appointment went well. You take care too!

@TeresaW2024 Yay you for going up on weight already, that's wonderful! Haha sounds like grocery shopping should be before hardcore arm workouts! I'm so happy to hear about Joe's youngest son and family visiting soon. Yes that's a great goal to get something new for church!

@trooworld I love that you added “How Can You Change This Behavior” after the bad eating habit so we can have ideas for the next time we're doing said habit and not follow through as we usually do.

Hi team! I tried to catch up on yesterday but am running out of time tonight. PT went well today and I did chair cardio at home before I went. I stopped at the store for a few things and have been working on catching up on things today but made the mistake of rearranging the pantry while my dinner was cooking and don't like it so it's on my to-do list too.

For my focus for the next two weeks I'm going to put effort into having relaxing evenings with hang drums and baths again, I tend to sleep a lot better when I do that. Have a great Tuesday!
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @morenin I'm so glad the Calm app is working so well for you, that's wonderful! I try and stay on a pretty solid sleep/eat/workout schedule, it's helped my mental health a lot. So glad the dog surgery went well! Oh no on the welt, Fitbit swears those are hypoallergenic bands which is hogwash, I couldn't wear it at all and bought a fabric band that was so much better.

I love Calm so much. The sheer variety of things to help my mind chill is fantastic. They even having calming music for when the day is going poorly.

Tomorrow morning we brave the incoming snowstorm to return to the original vet. Doggy is recovering well, and we're sticking to what the surgeon said to the letter. Tomorrow we'll find out what new medicines we need and what to stop. They'll also check for silicone fluid leaking from in front of her repaired retina. Hopefully they'll find none, otherwise it may be another surgery.

Maybe I should try the sports band I have sitting around. I had a welt on my left arms, it's taken 2 weeks to heal. I'd been wearing it on my right... which now has a welt. I will try the sports band tomorrow, if it doesn't help I'll get a fabric band. Thanks for the tip!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 205.2
    CW 206

Sorry Ive been slacking on checking in. I haven’t been feeling well and really just not on track. Still hanging in here though.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 207.8
    CW: 208.0
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Happy Birthday!
This discussion has been closed.