Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My steps
    1/16 14,058
    1/17 11,311
    1/18 20,897
    @Itadakimasu7 that does sound strange but if it works for you stick with it.I know banannas can lower blood pressure.I am on medication for BP for the last year.
    @PatriceFitnessPal I hope your SIL continues to improve.I know about attempts to influence family habits is difficult when they are adults.I only found out that my youngest son smokes when he broke his ankle & the Dr asked him if he did.I was shocked,especially as he has asthma.

@CasandraW I hope your surgery goes OK,
    @Armygirlarmyof1 how are you ? Hope you're recovery going well.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/17: 8,670
    1/18: 17,578
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 - It’s interesting that your body reacts to apples that way, lowering your blood pressure. I guess there’s a solid reason those old ‘sayings’ are passed down from generation to generation. You can’t go wrong with healthy snacks like apples!

Thanks for all the well-wishes sent to my sister-in-law @izzyred9400, @CasandraW, and @SavageMrsMoose. My Boston-based older son took her to lunch and then drove her to an appointment with the physical therapist on Tuesday. I think it was good for her to get out a bit and they both said they enjoyed the time together. She’s been very tired, and a little impatient with herself for sleeping so much, but we just keep reminding her that her body went through a lot — even if the stroke didn’t seem to leave any lasting impact. She is going to learn more when she sees the neurologist and we hope they find the source cause of the stroke. She’s fortunate that she didn’t need surgery for the bleeding in her brain. That would have been a far longer healing process.

My mother didn’t finish her speech therapy after her stroke and I can see the lingering effects. Her facial muscles regained their nerve connection so she doesn’t have any more facial palsy, but her speech and word recall has deteriorated. Physical (physio), speech, and occupational, therapies can really make a difference, but she was tired and didn’t want to deal with so many people visiting her house.

The coordination, ‘hosting’, and confusion over all the different roles made her irritable and anxious. 😬 When I was staying with her, she put up with it, but terminated the care before finishing the recommended number of treatment sessions. Oh well, my theme this week seems to be: we only have control over our own behavior! 😉 — @izzyred9400 thanks for commiserating with me! 🙏🏼😍🙏🏼
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Steps:

1/14 8,026
    1/15 4,703
    1/16 8,367
    1/17 4,711
    1/18 4,825
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I’d like to be excused from this week’s weigh in. My body is still retaining a lot of water weight from the race. I’m trying not to let it ruin my happiness over the race. Thank you!

@PatriceFitnessPal 65 seems awfully young for a stroke, although I had a friend who had one in his early 50s. Terribly scary! And I’m sure your an amazing healthy influence on your kids. Don’t underestimate yourself!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 @Pupowl can you excuse me or move me to support until February 17th please
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose - Thank you for the encouragement!

@CasandraW - Enjoy your vacation. I hope your hand injury won’t impede any of your fun!

@jessicakrall8 — I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. It’s a good weekend to catch up on your rest. I hope you feel better soon!
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 193.2
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Previous weight-182.6
    Current weight-182.6
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 fantastic!!!

@PatriceFitnessPal no swimming , but I think otherwise I should be ok. I leave next week. At least I won’t need to try cooking and cleaning one handed:)
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 127.7
    CW: 126.6
    The very slow crawl towards my goal continues. I honestly don’t know what more I can do. I’m exercising daily, eating right, being mindful. I’m not sure at what point I should say, “okay, this is it.” 🤷‍♀️
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 Congratulations!

@jessicakrall8 hope you feel better soon

Steps

1/18. 6555
    1/19. 8107
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Alleykat69