Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    What have you done well recently that you're proud of?

I'm pretty proud of my adventure the other day. I'm also proud of logging my food every day.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What have you done well recently that you're proud of?

I went on the longest walk I've done and only had to take a short 1min rest. I also jogged a small portion of it.

@Cornanda- Congrats on sticking to your plan. Are you following a certain diet plan or one that you have created for yourself? I just been focusing on keeping within certain calorie range.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I'm glad he's feeling better. That's interesting that it is so different.

@txcritter69 Yes I did need a lazy day! Yeah, you do need a certain level of iron. I usually feel fine just this time weren't enough liquids...lesson learned! Great job with your closet. I bet that felt good.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss! I'm glad you were able to adjust it so it worked for you. You are a water-drinking machine! Thank you. Congrats on 31 days of no soda! And great choices, wow you are rockin' it. I have a Renpho brand digital tape measure. I don't use it much because i don't feel like I've had a lot of changes but I do like it. Good luck!

@TeresaW2024 Good luck with the year-end stuff. Man, those sandwiches sound delicious!

@Katmary71 Thank you, I do. I just needed to rest. What's a card party? You play cards or is it a greeting card party? Have a great day! Try Canva.com for creating graphics for the questions...it's free and what I usually use! Be careful though, it does have a paid version and you can accidentally use a paid graphic.

@megnolia82 Maybe try concentrating on one single thing for a goal each day. That might help. Good luck!

@micaroo4 I think your adventure idea is so cool.

@Cornanda Way to go!

RESPONSE TO QUESTION: What have you done well recently that you're proud of?
    I'm proud of tracking consistently since Jan 2nd. I tend to be a perfectionist/black-and-white thinking type of tracker and so when I don't track, I just fall off the wagon. But I know that isn't helpful so I'm trying to change that.

Hi all. It's flooding and mudslides here in San Diego. Lots of rain. More rain today. I hate driving an hour to work in it. I also hate walking the dogs in it and they hate it too lol.

No Zero Days: Donated blood, no unplanned snacking.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team! I’m going to have to make this fast today. I will be a work for much of it doing all the tax stuff that I need to do, plus my regular work. Then I need to run to Aldis and come home and put our meds together. Hubby takes pills four times a day and I do two weeks at a time so it’s a process! I’m off to do leg day and feel the burn. Have a good day! :)

Question: What I’ve done well and am proud of is my determination to get the weight off that I have gained these last two years and to make myself as big a priority as I have my husband and family. Doing the 40-day sugar fast, going all in on my workout program, and rejoining the Slimpossibles are the top three! :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims,

Last night, on my car dashboard, a couple of warning lights came on. I have an appointment to have it looked at on Wednesday. In the meantime, I don't want to do a lot of unnecessary driving, so I'm canceling the adventure for today. I'll do a chore. The one I drew from the jar is scrubbing the showers/tubs.

-Mica
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 206
    CW 206.4

I’m back to using my renpho, so on my feed it showed a loss (from last I weighed in on there) but from last here, it shows a gain. I’m back on track with this scale.

Now to go read a 109 posts. It’s been really busy around here. Dr appts, school and sickness. I think we’re coming around though. 😍
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Whew I am caught up on the 109 posts I missed.

Congratulations to those who have had a loss and those hanging in here. Also to those who made the leaderboard and got us to 2nd. Wohoo!

I hope that I caught up, I will start fresh today with posting/keeping up.

Question:

I’m happy I am getting back to my 10k steps a day, tracking and working on getting off the bread again.

My update: I have one sick child who is determined to get back to school to take a quiz. I love the determination but don’t want to share germs.

I have been at the drs twice this week and have my appts set up for next week, February, April, May and September. Wohoo!

Have a beautiful day💐
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Hm what about setting phone reminders or putting your wanted habits on a piece of paper taped to the mirror? Actually slowing down you'd probably have to make time for or at least set aside time to be mindful and reflect on your day.

@micaroo4 Your adventure sounded amazing! Great job on logging too! Good luck on your chore, I think you made the right choice doing that over an adventure until your car is looked at.

@Cornanda Woot woot go Lisa!

@865jessica Amazing job on the walk!

@trooworld The card party is making cards for Seniors, members of the charity and businesses that have our boxes in them are throwing parties over the next couple weeks. I'll check out Canva I downloaded the app for the charity and haven't messed with it at all yet. I had made a document with an online picture attached on Word and couldn't get it to post here for some reason. It's real annoying how you can't post pics from your phone on here either, they should update that on here. Keep up the amazing tracking, you're doing great! Be safe and extra careful driving in the rain.

@TeresaW2024 I'm real proud of you for coming back here and making your health a priority. Doing awesome on all your goals too! Crush that leg workout!

@AmbersWay Great to see you, there HAS been some awesome energy with the new year here! Great job getting everything back on track, you got this!

@Veta2018 That's great news getting the loan paid off and putting that towards another! That must feel amazing having it behind you.

@morenin I'm glad your knee is healing fast! So glad your wrist is doing better! Honestly I held out for the longest time on getting one I wasn't allergic to and I should've done that months earlier than I had. Glad that welt is almost gone! I'm so glad you're using the cpap machine, getting good sleep is so important.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Woohoo on the cravings being gone without soda!

@FushiaKat You did create a great room! I think you pegged it with cold weather, warming food like soup, chili, and bread sound so good when it's cold and rainy.

Hi team! That was great feedback on the question, thank you everyone for sharing please keep being awesome crushing goals! I thinned seedlings at the greenhouse this morning then had the pain clinic, my feet and legs are driving me crazy today so I'm trying not to walk or stand much which isn't great for burning calories. My weight isn't down AT ALL from the day after Christmas so I need to be stricter. I'm trying to get caught up around the house and online and have seeds to organize for a seed swap this weekend so I'm doing that next. Have a great night and wonderful Wednesday.

My question answer: I've been very consistent with my PT and adding back in chair cardio.
  • Katmary71
    Options
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @865jessica - I have been struggling with counting calories and tracking for over a year. I'm trying small frequent meals with lots of protein and produce. I'm not hungry and have lost for the past two weeks. We'll see how long this works. I am writing down what I eat on paper, but not tracking here. Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Good luck with the tax stuff. Those are really good things to be proud of!

@micaroo4 Too bad you have to cancel but at least you will get the chore done.

@AmbersWay Are you feeling okay? I hope the sick child doesn't spread their germs to you.

@morenin I'm glad the fabric band is better and that you like it. That's good that your spouse is taking the pup out.

@Katmary71 Oh nice! They should update that, that's an important feature for us social people lol. Thank you! I hope today is a better day for your feet and legs. Yay for the PT and chair cardio!

Hi all. The rain stopped yesterday after I got to work. Then it was a nice day. My director brought in baklava that came from a bakery in Turkey. I feel like when something is that special, I need to try it. Well, I tried it twice lol. It was amazing. I was still under for the day though, so that was good.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, drank 89 oz of water, no visits to the cafe or vending machines.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @morenin that's rough. hang in there. If rational thinking helps, try to remember that the chocolate doesn't actually love you, and it can't give you a real hug.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda You're doing awesome!

@trooworld Haha I totally would've done the same with Baklava especially with it's extra special like that.

@morenin Hugs and prayers to you, thinking of you!

Hi team! Checking in early as I'm doing a Paint and Sip tonight at a pizza parlor which was my Christmas gift to do with my brother and SIL. I worked out then went to the holistic clinic and did their sauna, wand, and hung upside down for a bit. One of the practitioner's young daughters were there and they were real cute but boy little girls are hard to understand with those squeaky voices! Have a great Wed night and Thursday! Oh I listened to relaxing music for cats last night so I got my calming music, Jasper loved it too.

WEIGH INS Needed:
    @DebJB30 @laurelfit57 @JadeGypsyxo
This discussion has been closed.