Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Digger61 @Veta2018 and @littlebabekitty for making it onto the leaderboard! Way to go!

@morenin I LOVE that hair color! You are rocking it! Thanks for sharing. Oh gosh, I know how that is for the scale to jump up overnight when you have to report your weight! Try not to stress over it, you'll be back down next week. Hugs. I'm glad you enjoyed date night. Congrats on the loss! See, it all worked out!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Girl, put the Tootsie Rolls down! LOL No, seriously, good luck with those. Can you throw them away?

@micaroo4 Nice pic! I like the way your grays are evenly distributed, mine are lumped in one area and it looks kind of funny on me. Eggplant color sounds amazing.

@txcritter69 Thank you! It was a fun day. I have a day like yours today. More on that later. Good strategies. I hope you stay warm. Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda Thank you! I remember having Barry Manilow 8 track tapes in our house, too. And Tom Jones. Remember him? That is awesome you are seeing Manilow in concert! Good idea about the Buy Nothing group.

@Veta2018 Thank you!

@AustinRuadhain I do love that streaming service! The haircut did go well. :D Would love to see a pic of that cuddly new cat! That's a great NSV not to be sore anymore. Thank you for sharing the James Clear and BJ Fogg stuff. Awesome.

@DebJB30 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I thought I'd gotten on here yesterday but apparently, I did not. We had a lot of fun in Little Italy. My husband had already walked 20,000 steps before we went down there so unfortunately, he did not want to walk down to the harbor. We went to the Little Italy farmer's market and got fresh pasta (fettuccine), a small amount of artisan cheese (truffle gouda), a loaf of sourdough focaccia and then we walked around. I bought a bottle of Italian red wine from my favorite Italian grocery store. Then, we stopped at a used bookstore and got some books and then stopped with our books and had a beer. We had also stopped at a comic book store. We came home and my husband made dinner: garlic bread out of that loaf, a simple marinara sauce over the fettuccine, and it was delicious! Yesterday, we went out for another beer and split a small cheese plate. We grilled hot dogs and had potato salad. Today, I am smoking a turkey breast. We also have to fix our kitchen sink: there is a leak. Here are some pictures from Saturday...

No Zero Days: Skipped breakfast.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

q16nx3po758d.jpg
    c2pwf9a3oba2.jpg
    6lbnycv8b79s.jpg
    q7z640f83qej.jpg
    07p1sg6pdg27.jpg
    znt0td6rlwzs.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Monday Weigh-In

AustinRuadhain
    SW 223.1
    PW:220.2
    CW: 217.8
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @morenin Love the purple hair!

@micarro4 I love your super short haircut! I keep saying I will chop all of mine off and rock a pixie. Maybe someday, I will. :)

@txcritter69 Thank you, and I’m in a better headspace. :) You asking your hubby reminded me that my husband used to keep a bag of Dove dark chocolates, and it was a ritual that in the evening after dinner, we each got a chocolate and would read the little sayings inside to each other.

@Cornanda Thank you, your kind words mean a lot to me. <3 I loved Barry Manilow, too! When I was in the 6th grade, I had a girlfriend who looked just like Barry Manilow, and instead of hating it, she would burst into one of his songs whenever it was pointed out that she looked like him. I loved that girl! :D My niece belongs to a buy nothing group and has gotten some great things for her kids.

@AustinRuadhain, thanks for sharing The Power of Tiny Gains. I love the Tiny Habits Recipe card! I signed up for the Tiny Habits course and am excited for any help it will give me in creating habits that will benefit both my weight loss and mental health. :)

@trooworld Yes, the rest of the Tootsie Rolls went into the trash! :D I Love the pictures and am so jealous that you have Little Italy, where you can get such fantastic food. Those beers look good, too! I love a good dark beer!

Good morning! I woke up determined to get my act together this week, and reading Austin’s post has me even more fired up! I’ve slacked so much on my workouts, having to take care of Joe and being too stressed out. But not working out is also stressing me out. So, as long as I can trust him to stay put for an hour, I’m getting my workouts done! I plan to do some housework today and change the smoke detector batteries so Joe will stop obsessing about them. Have a good day! :)
    2024 Word: Strive
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely Slims!! Starting with baby steps here... intentions for the day, check in here, track just for today, go to the gym and go to puppy class:). I would like to accomplish this three times this week, but for now, this is just for today😊
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Late entry.

Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:219.2
    CW: 221.4

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Congratulations to @digger61 and @littlebabekitty Our team winners!
    AustinRuadhain posted:

Maybe parcel out daily helpings or one amount for the week at the start and when you are not hungry? Sort of like being on a budget, when you have just the cash for the week you have in your wallet?

@AustinRuadhain - I like the way you compare it to budgeting money. I portion size my snacks in baggies so I don't overeat and I know my portion size. It makes them easy to grab when I need to leave the house. I like to carry a healthy snack with me for a goto food.(and a water)
    AustinRuadhain posted:

So the 2 tiny habits I am currently working on:

- After I walk into the kitchen, I will do 1 counter pushup and then I celebrate (my current celebrations: smile and say "boom!" OR do a bicep flex OR do a quick dance move).

- After I notice I need to use the bathroom (at home), I will run upstairs to go and then I celebrate (my current celebrations: smile and say "boom!" OR do a bicep flex OR do a quick dance move).

I love it! Your Tiny habits. I'm going to start this too. I've been trying to get up and walk around a little more every hour.(not going so well) I like your rewards too. I'll use Howard Dean's infamous yell...lol. jk. My husband already thinks I'm crazy.

@txcritter69 - Good loss this week!

@Katmary71 - I hope you get a good sleep. I layed back down and got another 2 hours of sleep this morning. Now I got 6 hours and 55 minutes. Good enough.

@vrafer - Great job maintaining this week.

@DebJB30 - Nice loss this week.

@trooworld - I like your trip to Little Italy. It looks like you had a mini vacation day. Thanks for sharing. Great picture of you and your husband.

@AustinRuadhain - Nice job staying green all day and Great loss this week too. You're in the zone!

@TeresaW2024 - I hope you're able to get that workout in.

@vegan4lyfe2012- Congratulations on the loss this week. We have 10 boxes of girl scout cookies in the house right now. We couldn't help but support the nieces when they ask. Now I just need to give them away. I had such an urge to eat a few of each but I resisted the temptation so far. Wipe your hands and begin again.

@laurelfit57 - Great plan, take it one day at a time.

I feel like I cheated the leader board this week, cause I only lost the same two pounds I gained back. Go figure...Yesterday was my weigh-in and today I finally lost a new pound. Weird thing just happened my laptop keyboard locked up or something, it won't let me type. I had to switch to my old tablet to finish this post.

💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Checking in on Sunday:
    🟢 Food on plan with a focus on vegetables
    🟡 GtG Pushups: Goal for today is 3 sets (12+) I think I just did 2
    🟢 Movement: 45 min including an outside walk I did get that walk in! I have my husband asking me about a daily walk now!
    🟡 Steps: 8,000 8K was a stretch. I did hit 6483 (plus some I missed as the gadget needed power)
    🟢 Floors: 5 I did 9! Super happy about that.
    ⚪ Stretching or yoga
    🟢 Precooking - prep a pot of beans I can eat this week

Monday plans
    ⚪ Food on plan with a focus on vegetables - so far, so good
    ⚪ GtG Pushups - have done 1 set so far
    ⚪ Movement: outdoor walk with husband of at least 30 min, plus some indoor things like counter pushups
    ⚪ Steps: 6,500
    ⚪ Floors: 5

I got this graphic today in a newsletter I subscribe to, and thought some folks here might like it. I like the idea of adjusting plans based on where you are in your chosen journey, in terms of self confidence and success.
    on34w2yhdkzq.jpg

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @katmary71. Regarding the recipe, I’ve never seen cheese with Philly in it. We just use the regular shredded.

Hi all. Quick check in. Been a busy week and weekend. I am doing poorly with tracking but trying to be conscious of what I’m eating. I will go back when I have more time at look at previous posts. Curious to see what Ive been missing.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    WEIGH INS STILL DUE NOW
    @littlebabekitty @AmbersWay @Jactop

Tomorrow reminder for:
    @FushiaKat

@Cornanda How funny Barry Manilow has some good music! I’m in local Buy Nothing groups but I’m never the first person to respond for some reason.

@Digger61 @Veta2018 @littlebabekitty Great job team leaders!

@AustinRuadhain Cali (my fur niece) was dropped off Friday, she goes back home in about a week. Congrats on the new kitty! Maybe it got jealous you were focusing on other kitties?! Cali makes my two jealous as she loves to sit next to me on the couch, she DOES stay out of my room though so they get me to themselves then. I got a funny video of the three of them watching Cat TV yesterday. That’s great you’re through the sore part of pushups! I get most sore from pushups/benching when I start. I didn’t recall the 1% worse in a year that’s really sad to think of. Thank you for sharing Clear and Fogg info it’s great reading! Would you be up for leading a round of it here? I snapped a pic of the Habits recipe card, we should do this as a group soon! Thanks for sharing the chart that’s a good one!

@DebJB30 I’m glad you did post it’s great to know you’re still here even if you can’t check in much. Hope you’re having a great Monday!

@trooworld Your shopping and picking up food sounds so fun, I love doing things like that. Oh and a bookstore, that’s like my perfect day right there! Does your husband read too? Dinner sounds awesome what a fun and special day together! You two look so good together, glad you did this. Oh that looks like a dark beer, I used to not drink them but now that there’s stuff like chocolate and coffee in them I’ve learned to appreciate them. I’ve never had a partner that likes to read too! Let us know how the book is!

@TeresaW2024 Yay I’m so happy you’re feeling inspired! You definitely should take the time to work out, honestly I think it’s one of the best things you can fit in right now as it makes you feel better health-wise and is GREAT for letting off stress. Hope you got those batteries in!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Hugs I second just getting back on track, you got this!

@laurelfit57 You’re doing great, so happy to see you’re hitting so many goals today!

@Veta2018 Funny we did Tiny Habits together here in group and one I did was saying “You’re Awesome!” after I finish sets on machines at the gym which I mumbled under my breath. We should do this as a group again if @AustinRuadhain wouldn’t mind leading it, what do you think? We could wait until the first if that’s easier too. You didn’t cheat you got the weight off again, you could’ve never done that so be proud!

@sleepygirl79 I’m glad you checked in, hope you’re having a great Monday.

Hi team! Whew that was a lot to catch up on! Absolutely no one has responded on being a motivator. I had PT this morning and stopped at the store after and came home. I have to spend some time on my seedlings and get through my grant writing class tonight. My neighbor helped me transplant all the tomatoes yesterday, she wanted to learn how to do it so she can start her own. I have too many as usual but offered her first choice on leftovers. My uncle is having a birthday party for his 60th next month and my aunt just invited me to share her room so now I’ll be going. Wish I had time to get my weight down more but it will be fun to see everyone, it’s been a long time since we’ve all been together (Mom has 5 sisters and a brother so there’s a lot of us). Have a great night and awesome Tuesday!

No Zero Days
    - No sugar
    - Healthy food
    - Good workout/PT
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- thanks for sharing the photos of your day- looks awesome! I think I read the Lisa See book! Yes, Tom Jones, also Jim Croce!

@TeresaW2024 - how funny about your Barry Manilow friend! I don't like to work out when I'm tired or stressed. But I know you know it's important to take care of yourself so you can be there for Joe. Go you! Get those work outs in!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - HUGS!

@veta2018- Yes it counts if you lose the same 2 pounds again! It's a loophole!

@AustinRuadhain - Thank you for sharing Tiny/Atomic habits! Love it!

@katmary71- an extended family get together- how fun! I think you must have to stare at your facebook all day to be the first person to respond.

This week I am working on more detailed tracking to see if I can figure out what went on with my gain. I've been tracking on paper and counting protein grams. I signed up for a different food tracker because I thought MFP did not show you protein--- with all that blurred out stuff on the home page, it seems they keep taking features away. But of course, the other tracker had different premium features, so I messed around with MFP and I guess I am sticking with that. We'll see if I can figure this out. Lost almost 5 pounds in Jan and was riding high, but now I'm back to struggling again.

Lisa
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Checking in on Monday:
    🟢 Food on plan with a focus on vegetables -
    🟢 GtG Pushups
    🟡 Movement - I did assorted indoor things but we didn't do the outdoor walk
    🟢 Steps: 6,500
    🟢 Floors: 5

Tuesday plan
    ⚪ Food on plan with a focus on vegetables
    ⚪ GtG Pushups (3 sets)
    ⚪ Movement (evening walk with husband)
    ⚪ Steps: 6,500
    ⚪ Floors: 5

@Cornanda Good luck with the tracking! That seems like a great place to work on figuring this out!

@Katmary71 - The getting 1% better is inspiring, and the 1% worse thing seems sad but also true. I had a great trainer years ago who told us, repeatedly, that you were always either getting better or getting worse. I wanted to argue with it, but over time, it came to seem right. I'll ping you about what leading a thing could look like?

@veta2018 - Celebrations can be fun and can be a challenge when other p[eople are around. I loved the reminder of the Howard Dean yell. I think my husband would be okay if I pulled one of those, but I'd freak the kitties out. :D

@trooworld - I loved the pictures and the story of your day. And yes, that does look like a great haircut! Oh, and I had bookstore envy!

@TeresaW2024 - You have so much going on. Do what you can! Hurray for the Tootsie Rolls going into the trash!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss! Thanks for that insightful graphic.

@TeresaW2024 Good job! Oh man, you would love Little Italy. There are so many good places to eat there! I love a good dark beer, too, but only on a cold day. :D Austin has always posted such great stuff. I hope Joe stays put so you can do your workout, it will help with the stress, I think.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Whoa, look how close to Onederland you are! Congrats on the loss! Oh I just read about the binge, I'm sorry that happened.

@laurelfit57 And that is how you get back on track, BOOM!

@Veta2018 We sure did pack a lot into that day! Thank you! I hope you get your laptop figured out. That sucks.

@Katmary71 Yeah it was fun! Yes, he reads, but the books he chooses have to be "pocket worthy": they have to be a certain size to fit in his pockets lol! Thank you! Oh yeah, this dark beer we had was a Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout. It was delicious! You know, we didn't end up reading: there was too much good people watching. I will let you know when I start that book. Maybe give Darren a month and see if he is in a better place to be motivator again, that's my thought. Where is your uncle's birthday party? That's exciting!

@Cornanda It was a lot of fun! I've only read Lady Tan's Circle of Women by her and really liked it and all the research she put into it so I thought I'd give this one a try. :D I love how you analyze your week. Good luck, you'll figure it out!

Hi all. Yesterday was a bit of drama: we discovered we had a kitchen faucet/sink leak and that is above what my husband can do so our handyman is coming this morning to replace the faucet and fix the leak. I read a bit of Fun Home, which is a graphic novel...I'm going to see the musical based on Fun Home this weekend so I wanted to work on finishing it. I've read it before but it's been a long time. Then, at dinnertime, I grabbed the handle of a frying pan that had been in a 500F oven! Ouch. My hand hurt so badly for the rest of the night. I put ice on it but that's all I could do: nothing else in the house to help. It is okay today until I wash my hands and then I am reminded of what happened. But no blisters (thankfully).

No Zero Days: Skipped breakfast, no unnecessary snacking.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI Monday (sorry I am late)
    PW 208.4
    CW 208.4

No changes.

Sorry I haven’t been checking in here. My children just finished exams. It’s been one thing after the next with my circus. Preparing to return to Istanbul. So I am busy busy. I’ll be back soon hopefully to catch up.

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 -Hi! Sorry that you've been so busy. I hope you get a little time for yourself.
    @Katmary71 - It would be great to do Tiny Habits together in this group. I'm a little impatient and already signed up for the 5 day program. Mine begins next Monday.
    @Cornanda - Now that I got a fit bit, I've been using that tracker along with MFP. It' nice because I can scan barcodes of the foods I'm eating. I'm too cheap to pay for premium, so I'm annoyed by those big blurry boxes too.
    @AustinRuadhain - Thanks for sharing the Self Confidence Map to Thriving. I believe I have good self confidence and a good success rate. I am always trying to build on by set new goals, and push myself to be a better person.
    @trooworld - Thank you, I think you're pretty cool yourself. It would be nice if we lived close enough to hang out. Oh...after I restarted my laptop it started working again. Strange because it's a new laptop.
    @AmbersWay - Great job maintaining.
    @morenin - You're doing great...You keep doing you.
This discussion has been closed.