Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    WEIGH INS Due now:
    @Jactop

@Cornanda Thanks! LOL a lot of my family isn't on Facebook so that makes it easier. More detailed tracking sounds like a good plan, I hope you get to the bottom of things and are back on top again soon.

@AustinRuadhain Sure I'd love to hear your thoughts on leading the challenge. You did great with the goals yesterday!

@trooworld WOW that Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout is making me drool just thinking of it! That's one to slowly enjoy. I love some good people-watching. My uncle lives in Tracy so it's about 2 hours from here. One of my cousins was just hired to open a new resort in Alaska and she wants us all to come there but I don't think so, I'm glad I went there when my CRPS was in remission as the cold would be too hard to cope with. I hope things go well with the handyman. That musical sounds fun, I haven't heard of the book. Oh no I hope your hand is feeling better today, ouch!

@AmbersWay You do sound super busy I hope getting ready and the traveling goes well.

@morenin LOL definitely don't get arrested with your pants! I'm so glad to hear the limited sodium is going well. I don't have any bathroom tips unfortunately, I go a lot too. Sounds to me like you're getting a good workout with all the activity.

@Veta2018 That's great jump right in with Tiny Habits, it's a fun one! I was hoping we could get @AustinRuadhain to lead it but she's passing the hot potato to me. I don't have the best memory and it's been a few years since I've done it all (memory stinks thanks to one of the meds I was on for 2 decades). Please feel free to share what you're up to with the 5 day program.

@FushiaKat Happy belated birthday to you! Kindles are the best, I still love physical books too but love being able to read for a lot less money plus I'm more comfortable laying on my side. The price of physical books is high enough if it wasn't for the library and Kindle Unlimited I'd be unable to read. We probably talked about this before but do you enjoy reading?

Hi team! Somehow managing to get everything done today. They moved my pain clinic appointment to a PA and since I'm doing well and there's no changes I appreciated not having to take 2 hours to see the doc (they double-book docs). Ironically is was the one I was mad at about a year ago who never called for my appointment and then had an attitude but he was nice today and I didn't feel like making a stink. My grant writing class is going well, it's actually something I'm enjoying a lot as it's library research. I'm off to an Easter Baskets for Kids meeting. Have a great night and awesome Wednesday!

No Zero Days
    no added sugar and healthy food (dinner is a taco bar but am going to try and not go overboard).
    Great workouts
    treatments went real well
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEEKLY QUESTION

When you’re overwhelmed, how do you reconnect with the present moment?
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    WEEKLY QUESTION

I'm a list maker. I make a list of everything that I need to do, prioritize it, and then get started. Action is the antidote for me. When I'm unable to take action - like when I have to wait for someone else - that's when anxiety gets to me. I'll do a workout or take a walk or a bike ride to free my mind from thinking about the problem at hand. I also write in my journal, sometimes furiously scribbling, as a way of thinking through the problem and brainstorming solutions. Or maybe journaling is just a brain dump so that I can think about something ELSE, something that I CAN control/act upon/fix.

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @veta2018- wait- what? There's a food tracker on my fitbit app? Why did I not know this? And it has a bar code scanner that MFP took away?!?!?!

@trooworld - oops, nope, I did not read that book- was thinking of a different one. I have read several Lisa See though- I like her stories.

Currently I am reading "The Things We Cannot Say" by Kelly Rimmer. I'm really enjoying it.

Overwhelmed: I make a lot of lists and I date them. Then I stash them. Then I find them and look at all the stuff I didn't do and it makes me crazy. Right now, I have a big pile of lists to sort, organize and update. I'm procrastinating doing it. I know this sounds bad. I actually do get many things done. :)

Lisa

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda, I hate tracking, but I’m thinking that if I actually want to lose some weight, I might need to go back to it. I use the app Cronometer, which does detailed macro and micronutrient tracking. The free version is fantastic, and you can also buy the premium. You might want to check it out.

@Katmary71 Tell me again what grant you are writing for. I probably should have already known this, but I either didn’t know or forgot. :) I love Easter baskets! My husband’s ten-year-old granddaughter will be here for Easter, and I plan on getting her a basket filled with goodies! I probably should OK that from her mom and dad first. :D

Good morning! Yesterday, I had some errands to run, and Joe wanted to come but didn’t feel he could get in and out of the car, so he sat in the car and waited. I did get the car washed and he was able to help a little with the inside cleaning. After that, we went to Whataburger, which we hadn’t been to yet, and ate lunch in the car. The cheeseburger was HUGE!! So, dinner was a yogurt. :D Today, I plan to work out and deep clean my bathroom. I bought a spin brush thing I kept seeing on social media, so I will see what kind of a mess I can make with it. :D
    2024 Word: Strive

Question: When I’m overwhelmed, I reconnect by praying to God to give me the focus, peace, patience, and grace that I need to handle whatever is causing me to be overwhelmed. This is such a help if I remember to do it right away and not have a freak-out moment first, which is what I most often do. And I am also a massive list maker, which does help if I don’t let the stickies pile up beyond my control.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @morenin Awesome! I have the same problem with water. I try to reduce it 3 hours before bedtime and it helps a little but then I am really thirsty. I also have the same problem with exercise. I've heard losing weight is 80% what you eat but then again exercise is great for so many reasons (mental health, setting the tone for the day, etc), so I think it is important to fit it in when you can. Even if it is just on the weekends. The stuff around the house absolutely counts!

@Veta2018 Thank you! And yes, that would be fun! I am glad your laptop is working again. Hopefully it was a one-time occurrence.

@FushiaKat Happy birthday, Kat! I'm glad you had a great birthday.

@Katmary71 Lol yes it was good! I love people-watching, too. Wow, Alaska. That is interesting. Thank you, he only charged us $50 to change the faucet so I was happy! Yeah that was a good graphic novel. I'm really looking forward to the musical. Thank you, it is better! I'm glad you are doing well enough to just see a PA. I'm glad the class is going well. The taco bar sounds amazing!

@Cornanda Oh well, that's a good one to read, if you get a chance.

WEEKLY QUESTION: When you’re overwhelmed, how do you reconnect with the present moment? Really good question. I'd say I don't know. Seriously, I'm kind of "disconnected" from my body and mind due to trauma from the past. I think sometimes I stop and take a deep breath. Put on music that I enjoy (those crazy playlists of mine!). Sometimes I break everything down into steps and that helps. That's the best-case scenario. Worst case, I check out.

Hi all. Today, I say goodbye to the best dentist I have ever had and the only one who has cured me of my phobia of going to the dentist. She is retiring and I'm very sad. I have one last appt with her (today) and then I will switch to the dentist that is taking over for her. It's raining here. I'm ready for spring. I know I have said that before but I am ready for the flowers and sunshine.

No Zero Days: Resisted the cafe at breakfast and ate what I brought, no unnecessary snacking or vending machine trips.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - Happy Belated Birthday!
    @Cornanda - I'm still learning how to use my fitbit. I noticed when I pre-log my foods it will say I'm over calories, until I'm active enough to burn them.
    WEEKLY QUESTION

When I feel overwhelmed, I like to listen to music. Music has always been my emotional outlet. I try to stay organized by making lists of things I need to do. I like to write it down. I make grocery lists and bills lists too. However, sometimes I just need to remind myself that I'm not alone and it's ok to ask others for help. When I can't get out of my head, I call my mom.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 - I think those spinbrush things just spin the dirt into another corner where it won't bother you as much....
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am chiming in a little late but 🎉AWESOME JOB🎉 @digger61 @Veta2018 and @littlebabekitty for making it on the Leaderboard!

@FushiaKat 🎊HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎊

@morenin That is awesome that reducing your sodium is working, the bathroom issue I just look at it as extra steps running to the bathroom. 😂

@trooworld I loved your pics of Little Italy. Your day looked so fun. That's great that the plumber was reasonable. Sorry you are losing your dentist. We had the same Situation with our Vet. he retired back in May '23. It's hard finding someone you can trust.

@TeresaW2024 I am with you on the slacking, it's time to put things in motion.

@vegan4lyfe2012 some days we just have to accept and move on.

@laurelfit57 baby steps are what works for me. You got this!

@Katmary71 I am glad your interview sessions are going well.

WEEKLY QUESTION
    When you’re overwhelmed, how do you reconnect with the present moment? Before reconnecting to the present moment I let my emotions do their thing. If a need to scream, cry or yell about it I go to a place that allows me to do so. Getting it out has been helping me learn to "Let It Go". Then I tell myself to be a duck and let it roll off my back. This has been part of my approach to "Today, I Choose To Be HAPPY" which I started working this yr.

This has been a wonky week for me so far. My morning routine has been interrupted everyday this week up to now, which throws off the rest of my day. This morning it is back on track. 😂 I am not sure what today's plan is. I will wait until I start moving about the house. I don't make plans for my day because it never plays out that way. My daughter says it is a form of ADD because I start one thing but then move on to another then another. I never seem to finish anything that day. It may take a few days, weeks or months to finish something I start. The other day I was fixing a hanging on my wall saw that pics needed dusting and got the stuff to dust. But that has not happened to this day because I ended up painting the trim the I didn't finish a yr ago. So we will see what does or does not get done today. 😂
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    🟢 Food on plan with a focus on vegetables
    🟡 GtG Pushups - did 1 set
    🟡 Movement - yes to movement, but did not get that outdoor walk in!
    🟡 Steps: 6,500 - did 6408 - close!
    🟢 Floors: 5

Wednesday plans
    ⚪ Food on plan with a focus on fresh/frozen vegetables
    ⚪ GtG Pushups: Goal for today is 3 sets (12+) I think I just did 2
    ⚪ Movement: 45 min including an outside walk
    ⚪ Steps: 7,000
    ⚪ Floors: 5
    ⚪ Stretching or yoga
    WEEKLY QUESTION

I am not great about immediately noticing. If I do notice, I breathe from my belly.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I did OK on Monday, met my goals except I did not track my late night snacking🥴. Tuesday I did not track at all and I totally fell off the wagon. This morning I went to the gym I have tracked everything so far, I just have to go to Vannie's agility class in an hour, then I am done for the day. To tell you the truth all I want to do is go lay down on the couch and go to sleep. I will make sure I have a good supper ready to throw in the oven when I get home. Hope everybody has a great day
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO

WEIGH IN NEEDED FOR: @Jactop

TOMORROW WEIGH IN REMINDER FOR: @askewcr our fabulous Thursday gal!

@FushiaKat I love your answer to what you do when overwhelmed, I think being okay with not getting everything off a to-do list and knowing when to take breaks comes with living with a chronic condition for quite awhile. I seriously ignored people saying to take breaks and would power through everything and feel terrible. That sounds like a good book I added it to my list of books to check out.

@micaroo4 I like making lists too, I have a bunch on my phone that are open-ended for everything like groceries and certain stores then things to do and remember.

@Cornanda Haha we know you DO get things done!

@Teresa2024 I’m taking a grant writing class with another board member for the charity, it’s a nonprofit and we could use more funding. LOL I think your husband’s granddaughter would LOVE an Easter basket from you but may be smart to let parents know. They are real fun to do. Our Easter Baskets for Kids committee meeting was last night and the president was telling us how she lost her temper with one parent who wasn’t happy with her child’s basket because it had stuff from Dollar Tree. What in the heck? I don't get super high end stuff for the one basket I do and hearing that is real frustrating. Your cheeseburger sounds delicious! LOL on yogurt for dinner not much would fit after cheeseburger calories! Hope you get everything clean, I’ve been wanting one of those brushes let me know how it goes!

@trooworld Great deal on the sink! Love your answer the question, music helps me a lot too. I get that with being disconnected from the body, it’s one of the things I’m trying hard to make healthier as I can’t be thinking of my body as the enemy or something that’s broken or a failure or I won’t ever feel better. I’m ready for spring too!

@Veta2018 I also love your answer, it’s funny how seeing things in black and white helps with getting some stress off. Music is the best I’m glad so many of us love it!

@txcritter69 Thanks! Honestly your “Today, I Choose to be Happy!” makes me smile every time I read it! I clean like you bouncing from one thing to the next unless I make a conscious effort to NOT do that, chances are if I put something away in my closet I’ll disappear for an hour looking at old photos and come out with a feather boa on and extra jewelry!

@morenin You must be doing better than you think with sugar if fruit seems sweeter to you! Hm you’re doing all the right things to feel better so I’m not sure on increased pain unless something you’re doing puts more stress on your body or you aren’t getting enough sleep. As @FushiaKat mentioned the other day sometimes some extra sleep can really help. Sitting in the sun helps me a lot too. Is a storm going through?

@AustinRuadhain Breathing can definitely help a lot! I just signed up for a “Do this breathing technique for 10 minutes a day and recharge your mitochondria” class, I’ll let you know if I learn anything good! You’re doing amazing! I have a funny story for you, there's a new practitioner at the holistic clinic and we seem to be on the same wavelength a lot. I decided to try one more treatment yesterday and had said I'd gone through two books with the previous treatment, she grabbed a book on rainbow eating and handed it to me of all books! It goes a little deeper on how different colors give off different frequencies and how they can heal the body, it's a pretty interesting book.

I didn’t answer my own question and do similar things to the rest of you. I’m also a list maker, I have the free version of Notepad with a Books to Read list, Things to do, Garden stuff, Next Costco Trip, etc then have a grocery app too. My pain goes along with stress so I try to stay on a schedule with sleep and sometimes nothing helps more than some time in bed reading with the cats or a nice bath. Most the time working out to aggressive music gets me back on track but times like today a relaxing stretch routine and a nap hit the spot. I just downloaded a new meditation app with different frequency sounds, listening to hang drum music and Native American flute helps me stay out of fight-or-flight. I did the vibration plate at the clinic the other day and I've never stood on it, it feels exactly how my nervous system was before surgery and I instantly started to panic, I had to talk myself off the ledge and focus on calming down to stay on it.

L decided to take an easy day today and slowly woke up and worked out (did stretching and foam roller instead of upping strength training as I’m flared up) then finished my book, it was a real annoying book I’m done with that author! He writes a chapter than says, “that’s how it should have gone, it REALLY happened like this:” over and over. I’m representing the charity at a meeting tonight for Big Day of Service, the day the community does a volunteer day. I think we’re making birdhouses to put in parks and at local spots, I’d like some to go to the care homes with yards and gardens I think they’d be real appreciated. Have a great night and awesome Thursday!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thought you may enjoy this, it's an interesting grocery shopping technique someone on Tiktok started "Following Coleman’s method, you’d buy five different vegetables, four different fruits, three different proteins, two different sauces or spreads, and one grain—plus a special treat for yourself. Of course, if you are feeding a family, you might need to buy multiples of some items to ensure you have enough, but the method would still be the same." (article on All Recipes)

https://www.allrecipes.com/what-is-5-4-3-2-1-shopping-8424902
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @morenin You must be doing better than you think with sugar if fruit seems sweeter to you! Hm you’re doing all the right things to feel better so I’m not sure on increased pain unless something you’re doing puts more stress on your body or you aren’t getting enough sleep. As @FushiaKat mentioned the other day sometimes some extra sleep can really help. Sitting in the sun helps me a lot too. Is a storm going through?

I'm definitely not getting enough sleep (5 hours two nights in a row, wheeeee). But the pain has resolved to every joint in my body, so I'm pretty sure it is arthritis. I haven't had it this bad in years, so it caught me by surprise. I'm going to bed early tonight, sleeping in, and resting today instead of frenetically cleaning. I'm holding off on even chair yoga until my knee and wrist brace can come off. It was a clear, sunny day, but it definitely doesn't mean a storm front isn't moving in. I'm going to work under the assumption tomorrow will be a rest day as well. I also scheduled with a new orthopedist for knee shots, that should help getting back into the exercise groove!
This discussion has been closed.