Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Y I K E S ! ! !

Just over two years ago I bought a 48 x 60" panel for approximately $100. Now it's $400

So I am going to either paint on the 5' x 5' panels I have - or if it's something I want to be smaller I'm going to start painting on paper (I think).

This dog was a double experiment to see how using oil paint on printmaking paper would work - how do you spell seeing how my vision was going to impair this kind of work. Double success I think! 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    There's still a lot of reflection... but I'm so pleased with this puppy

zo1h8xuku27s.jpeg

bourfjj13jlz.jpeg
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Had temps in the 70s Tuesday and then severe storms that night. That was followed by a HUGE temp drop. Yesterday (Wednesday) had highs in the low 30s. No wonder my sinuses are angry! We will be back into the high 60s by this weekend too. Mother Nature is a bit Bi-Polar here in Chicago!

Work has been stressful, but I kinda feel like I am getting into a better routine. I just got a lot of new work all at once a couple weeks ago so was scrambling to get everything figured out. Now that I have due dates and project needs laid out I can see what needs to be done when, which really helps with my anxiety and stress.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    Hang in there Athijade! I find having an organized path help the projects move along better.

Laurie- how do you do THAT? I can’t even imagine what it’s like to be so talented and creative.

I had a follow up appointment with my orthopedist this morning. The wrist fracture healed but now three months later there’s still swelling and pain. The X-rays are fine. The ortho said it will get better with time or I can go for therapy. I don’t know 🤷‍♀️. Wait it out or take time several times a week driving across town to get hand exercises?
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    12 hours spent in the emergency department with my husband, and despite my worries over his health I still kept to my calories and tracked everything. I call that a victory.

He's now back home, thank goodness!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Geez, Bella. They can't be delivering you another week like last. Sending you strength.

Yooly - can they not just give you a set of exercises to do at home that will take you through a couple of weeks - then you go back to "upgrade" ? I have no insurance so that is how physio tends to roll with me. I have not had the money to see them multiple times in a week. It is about $100 a visit here - no idea how much there.

Weather is crazy here too, Athijade. This past weekend went from +13 to -20 in one day! All the early spring flowers are coming up and now they are under snow :( Glad you are getting things under control on the work front.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    And thank you, Yooly. This type of work feels more "skilled" than creative if that makes any sense - not a lot of room to mess around with a portrait of someone's pet. I wasn't sure how it would come out - but it seems successful because his owner was crying :) Sure sign it is either very good or very bad :)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Wow Laurie, that is amazing! I feel as if I could reach out and give him a good rub behind the ears!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, Bella! Last summer I experienced a detached retina. My vision is still compromised and ever changing because there is some scar tissue forming and the surgery for the retina created a cataract that is progressing really quickly. My brain seems to be working this all out though ... for which I'm very excited. I've even been able to start reading again - woohoo! Slow but steady.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Bella - you are inspiring! Holding it all together during major stress is huge.

And Laurie when the time comes you’ll find cataract surgery is fairly easy. I had mine years ago and what a difference it made. Colors were vivid again and the clarity- I could do tiny cross stitch again.

Physical therapy for me would be free. I’m fortunate to have the standard Medicare supplemented with a great retirement package. And some coverage as a spouse of a military retiree. The drawback for me is the time to travel across town to the appointments twice a week.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Do a couple demo then home work then more demo. Treat distance as not free cost! Same solution

Laurie rocks

Good on Bella and jade!

Go me!!!! 😆
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    Finished my work week at 8am this morning. Came home and slept from 9-3. Already hit my 10k step minimum for the day. Relaxing in the hot tub right now, probably play our favorite card game with my husband later.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Don’t know how you do it Nic! And night shift yet 😴
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    So Friday I went to the gym and hit the weights! I'm a little sore today, but good sore, not debilitating sore. Then I had coffee and a chat for a couple hours with a friend while my car horn was made to work by the dealership.

I also agreed to pick up a shift today on my old unit at work for incentive (plus I hit overtime partway through it, so raked in the bucks today, saved an old coworker I like and worked my backside off, before my husband and I went to a hockey game tonight :)

• PAV8888
    Options
    Wow active!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Ugh. So I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out asap. One is starting to cause issues for the tooth next to it and the rest are looking like they may end up doing the same before too long. NOT looking forward to this. I have my consultation next Tuesday.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Could your wisdom teeth be causing some of your chronic fatigue, Athijade? Might be worth mentioning to your doctor.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Mfpeeee

Killing posts again
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well. Ain't that something. One year and four days later... all the "tests" and imaging have finally been done! Now to get the findings and see who wants to see me... and how soon! I don't know that I would be unhappy to remain a low priority!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Fingers and toes all crossed PAV. Low priority status is good, unless of course it isn't. Perhaps they needed extra time to decipher the evidence of so many bunnies running laps in your belly? Paired with the most unusual trimmings :)