Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    Oh that sneaky time change 🙁

I hope your day is very good, Bella 🌷

I was going to ask my sons for a new Fitbit for my birthday ... I have not been tracking steps for the past couple of months. My birthday it's towards the end of this month ... but instead I think I'm going to ask Ontario son for a plane ticket to Newfoundland ... and Newfoundland (Son) for a plane ticket home 🙂

There's not a lot of disposable income floating around me these days ... I'm glad I fed the boys their Wheaties and probably more importantly in this context the junky cereal that they really liked occasionally 😁
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    So where are the kids hiding these days Ms Laurie?

Is Ontario son also in Hamilton? Is it St John's you go to? Or some other "idyllic" town or village?

I am fact finding for CCCGG trips towards eastern Canada. Toronto and Montreal can be less than 12 hours from home to hotel for her. But western Canada destinations START at 20 and quite often exceed 24. This does make quite a difference when dealing with two week trips!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Investment in "junky cereal" is sometimes a good idea!!! :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Personally I’m a fan of Froot Loops - a totally worthless cereal. But somehow I find it satisfying! I don’t buy it in big boxes. Usually it’s available at hotel breakfast buffets when on vacation. I fill up an empty styrofoam cup and save it for an evening nosh after a long day of sightseeing. Sometimes I’ll put it in my carry on for long flights.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Junk cereal is fun. Lots of decadence for relatively low calories.

Son #1 is in Whitbourne, NL - about an hour from St. John's. Not really idyllic - too far away from water for my dreamtown.
    Son #2 is in Mississauga, ON - about 1/2 an hour from me in Hamilton.

BUT

We are talking about buying something small in Newfoundland. Our goal location is about half an hour from Son #1. Thinking of setting it up as a short term artist residence ? mostly one to three or four month stays??? to help us pay the mortgage - but having it available in between for family and friend to stay when we go visit.

Newfoundland is beautiful. St. John's is a vibrant city - lots of restaurants and entertainment. MANY MANY MANY great places to walk and explore within an hour or so. That would probably shave quite a bit of off CCCGG's travel to hear time. Probably worth trying at least once!
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 11
    Options
    Is the splendid CCCGG a city girl or more outdoorsy? It’s been a long time since I lived near Nova Scotia but it was lovely. And Halifax is enough of a big city to provide entertainment. Prince Edward Island was very scenic too. There was a ferry system to get there.
    Get the woman a shorter trip and you can spend more time together! I’m sure you can work it out PAV.

The house in Newfoundland sounds great Laurie! Would you consider renting it to wandering Texans?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Or wondering CCCGG's and PAV's?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I so hope we can pull this off :)
  • PAV8888
    edited March 12
    Options

Are you pulling the ELLE-B&B thingy? Where will I be staying? a half hour CLOSER :love: to St John's than Son #1 or an hour and a half AWAY from St Johns? :worried:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well, I have an official diagnosis from my neuro appointment yesterday... post viral chronic fatigue and migraines. Sadly, not too much can be done. I am already taking B12 for the fatigue and the migraines are not bad enough or often enough for the doc to feel like we need to add meds there. The only other therapeutic thing we can do is some PT for the fatigue, which would help the body slowly get used to activity again to hopefully reduce my post activity fatigue... but even that isn't a sure thing.

But I least I have a diagnosis I guess?

Later today I have my consultation with the oral surgeon for the wisdom teeth removal.

This year has not started off great, that is for sure.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Are you pulling the ELLE-B&B thingy? Where will I be staying? a half hour CLOSER :love: to St John's than Son #1 or an hour and a half AWAY from St Johns? :worried:

ELLE???? More of an artist retreat idea? Longer term - month or two or three goals? full house with linens and kitchen stuff and a library and movies and 2 bicycles :) A half hour closer to St. John's :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I know an answer feels good, Athijade. But no real answer is good to. Nothing seriously wrong. With any luck some life changes like you have been aiming at will make a big difference in how you feel?

Maybe it is worth keeping a close food diary and looking for food related fatigue? For me personally wheat drags me down - gives me brain fog, leaves me bloated and tired and achy. I know people who feel the same with dairy. I imagine we all have foods that make us feel better or worse.

I hope you can find a way to feel better.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well Athijade at least you now have some kind of plan for a healthier outcome. Better than wondering and worrying? I hope the wisdom teeth surgery goes well too!

Laurie- I wouldn’t be up for a month of artist-in-residence status. But it sure would be a nice vacation home for a week. 😍

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Pretty far away from it all, Yooly :)
    Since I do not live nearby - I'm aiming for longer stays? But of course there would be exceptions for wonderful people fro mTexas who I know :) Fingers crossed.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Pretty far away from it all, Yooly :)
    Since I do not live nearby - I'm aiming for longer stays? But of course there would be exceptions for wonderful people fro mTexas who I know :) Fingers crossed.

Hopefully there may be an odd week or two when your future place is not occupied. I’ve lived in northern Maine - Aroostook wilderness- for a while. Moose’s ran wild on the Air Force base! Closest town of any size was Madawaska in NB Canada - they had a Kmart. So far away from it all is relative.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yes. I meant far away in time and actuality! Only started speaking of it :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope all is well with Bella. She usually checks in every day.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie K = EL K = elk? Nah.
    El Kay? Nah

But Laurie IS an el. And Elle is a she in French ;) And houses are she's in french. Plus there's the cool Aussie chick. So. Elle sounds good for our Laurie and for her house.

So... "Elle: Kasita des artistes"

Mostly french with a nod to a casita for Yooly but definitely modified for Laurie who is a KAY! :wink:

Oh. and I would like to book a week or so... I can clean up!!! :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Hope all is well with Bella.

:worried: