Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Here I am! And all is fine…we just got home very late from MIL after taking her for her hospital appointment. I’m seeing far too much of that hospital at the moment!

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear all is as well as it can be Bella. Yes the rounds of hospitals, doctors and clinics can be tiring - even if you’re the “well” one. Please take good care of yourself too.

Looks like Laurie may have a future in the rental business!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    BEELLLAAAAAAAA ?????????

(think Marlon Brando calling Stella in A Streetcar Named Desire)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Elle: Kasita des artistes

I like it PAV! This whole thing is so very new in the dream process....I hope it flies.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited March 13
    Options
    The scale jumped up 2lbs overnight and I have absolutely no idea why. Very annoying...especially since I'm only aiming for a loss rate of 0.25lbs a week!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    The scale jumped up 2lbs overnight and I have absolutely no idea why. Very annoying...especially since I'm only aiming for a loss rate of 0.25lbs a week!

That happens to me all the time! Sudden drops or gains of 2-3 pounds overnight. Very annoying indeed. Especially when I can’t figure out WHY. Today was a sudden loss so tomorrow I expect it to be all back again. 😵‍💫
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    It's frustrating especially when you can't figure out why...and it tends to hang around for a few days too!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well not to worry! My 2 pound overnight loss of yesterday has disappeared this morning. PAV always recommends trends and trackers but my lazy brain says just get on the damn scale every morning.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I tend to do both. I have Trend Weight set up and connected to MFP where I enter my weight - but I use it only to soothe my wounds if the scale bounces up. My FIRST reaction is to what the scale says. I imagine in time the input weight won't mean as much if we force our focus on the Trend Weight numbers?
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    I focus more on trend weight rather than scale weight, but I still feel miffed if scale weight has a big upward jump that then puts an upward blip on my trend line for a few days!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Scheduled for the wisdom teeth removal next Thursday. I am taking off Thursday (half day), Friday, and the following Monday to make sure I have time to heal. If I am feeling good the Monday, then I may log on to clean out emails and do some small stuff, but will keep my away message up and only do as much as I feel good to do. But if I don't feel good then I already have the day marked off.

3 of the teeth should be easy extractions. The 4th is half impacted so will require more work, but the surgeon doesn't think it will be a big deal either.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    edited March 14
    Options
    Are you doing them under local or general 'Jade? Your plan sounds like a good workable one!

re: scale.... Libra for Android (or happy scale) will also work well. I used to use trendweight and was really happy.

I've stopped only because I am being silly and don't want to update Fitbit to be giving me more calories (I have it set to me being "153lbs" under the hamster management technique of what the hamsters don't know won't hurt them--and the extra calories it would give me for being 9lbs over would only serve to me needing to REALLY hit my targets in order to hit my targets....)

... yes. hamster management could be a full time job...

Oh. Wait a second....

IT IS!!!!!

.... and I'm often in danger of getting fired for NON PERFORMANCE!!!! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Maybe all we need to do is get some good wheels for our hamsters? Keep them occupied???
  • PAV8888
    edited March 15
    Options
    2oxzhw5uh4cv.png

Well something at least the weight thing is MOSTLY heading in the generally planned direction at this time... Of course M23 is when we had the 'rental breakdown stopped in A23... and of course F24 is when the 'rental decided to try for a repeat... not stopped yet.

I'm less than impressed with info from "ologist" who doesn't even seem to remember previous results and didn't look at pictures... just the "report".

Anyway. We shall now see what the rhythm person thinks in terms of eventually seeing me now that the "pre-requisites" are complete.

I seem to already be doing most of the stuff on the COPILOT and GEMINI lists other than sodium control and drug therapy.

Blood pressure and markers are ok. weight is not going up. exercise could probably be more intense etc but is already at suggested levels. And 'ologist is not even bothering to look at the pictures to see if it could be anything other than electrical.... Blah blah.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    MFP ate my long post and I dont have time time to recreate it,,,,get fixed soon Pav!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Much to unpack PAV!

First the presentation which always wows me. Then the numbers. Then absorbing how the numbers are organized. I really like the monthly averages. That information works well for my brain.

Congrats on the downward trend. You are close to the beginning of that monthly chart. I'm sorry - can't remember. What exactly is your goal (range) ???? You are close. I'm so proud of/inspired by you. Your calm quiet weightloss (or at least how they look on the number pictures) feels so solid.

Hope the rhythm section gets it together. NOW. How do you FEEL?
  • lauriekallis
    edited March 15
    Options
    Re telling Fitbit to give you more calories. How do you feel about just giving yourself a set daily amount. And letting those calories-burned numbers just float on by? When I'm on IT - that is how I often set MFP and that is where I track so it works for me. And I just allow a lot of extra space because I know nothing is exact. Not sure if you can do that where you track?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Are you doing them under local or general 'Jade? Your plan sounds like a good workable one!

Local. Laughing gas and the numbing shots. I have to be able to get myself back and forth so I can't have anything stronger (no one can take me). The downside to moving to an area where I don't have a ton of family or friends. Especially since it is during the week and no way would I ask anyone to miss work for it.

• PAV8888
    Options
    You will do fine our 'Jade!💪
    I can feel it!

Plus it sounds like you could do some high pitch pre recording for fun? Maybe keep it for use on a future zoom meeting?🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    It’s full on spring and bluebonnet season here. dcs9hj8uuiui.jpeg