Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @alleykat69 Sounds like you did in fact have more good days than bad. Two parties where you didn't eat as much as you did in the past is pretty impressive! 0.2 lbs is like one big poop (TMI? :D ) and it is gone again, so don't sweat it. <3

thank you. it is an improvement from before. I would have eaten mire than I should have.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Prev weight-187
    Current weight-186.4
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday & St. Patrick's Day!🍀

Started my day with a protein shake, followed by a 30 min. walk. It was bright and sunny with fresh morning air.
    6xntbrwyrhdc.jpg

Author Tim Ferris in The 4hr Body, indicates that eating (30g of protein) within 30 min of waking, followed by light exercise is more effective than a fasted workout, so i am going to try this out for a week or two. I generally wake up hungry so, to me, this sounds more appealing and intuitive than intermittent fasting.

@Pupowl - i recently came across an index card in an old journal that has my measurements from 2010 😅 . Tracking measurements is a great idea given weight can be finicky. I don't think I've done that in ages, as my records indicate.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Glad you're starting to feel better...my goodness you've been on a long illness road!!! So sorry, but glad you're getting over it...your "Wookie Bear" looks like she gives you a run for your money...her markings are so pretty...love fiesty kitties!!!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Prev weight-187
    Current weight-186.4

@angmarie28 If your Friday weigh-in days aren't working for you, let me know if you need to switch to another day, which might work better with your schedule. Nice loss this week!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    @CasandraW Thank you!
    @Yukie_OP Nice picture! I like going out to walk early before eating first. I don't feel hungry when I am out enjoying nature, but if I can't walk for some reason, it is a lot harder to wait with eating until after 10:00. It can never hurt to try something new to see if it works better, though I think you can also make yourself crazy with the latest advice and research. Everyone says something different, so I am just doing what feels best to me. I recently moved my dinner food to breakfast because I learned that savory foods for breakfast causes a lot less glucose spiking during the day. I noticed a significant difference with less hunger right away so that is nice.
    It's cool that you have data from so long ago! I only started to seriously care about my weight in 2020 and since then I have tracked once a month most of the time. More data is always good. I was curious if the gym ring workouts did anything or if I was just imagining seeing my arms look better in the mirror, but I think losing 2 centimeters on a fairly small body part is pretty good!
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    melissataylor1986
    Sunday weigh in
    PW 146.8
    CW 143.4
    LTD 51.6

I hope everyone had a great week! I for one can say that I did, and that I am enjoying the spring weather! Did a strength workout video which was #22 out of 65 videos that I set a goal of completing before my wedding in June. I completed 22 videos in one month, which I am very proud of myself for. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, all, getting ready for a 10-day trip to the Florida Keys, Key Colony Beach to be exact! Looking forward to visiting Key West and the other Keys, doing lots of walking, and eating fresh fish. All in all, it should be a really healthy vacation, except for the wine! :) I will try and weigh in, but not sure there will be a scale. I'll let you know if I don't have access to one.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    melissataylor1986
    Sunday weigh in
    PW 146.8
    CW 143.4
    LTD 51.6

I hope everyone had a great week! I for one can say that I did, and that I am enjoying the spring weather! Did a strength workout video which was #22 out of 65 videos that I set a goal of completing before my wedding in June. I completed 22 videos in one month, which I am very proud of myself for. Keep up the great work everyone!

Great loss this week @melissataylor1986 !! Awesome job! Yes, the weather has been glorious this week...today's our last really warm day...in the low 70s...the rest of this week is supposed to be 50s-60s...I wish it would climb into the 70s-80s and stay there!!! LOL
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    FWSWCindy wrote: »
    Hi, all, getting ready for a 10-day trip to the Florida Keys, Key Colony Beach to be exact! Looking forward to visiting Key West and the other Keys, doing lots of walking, and eating fresh fish. All in all, it should be a really healthy vacation, except for the wine! :) I will try and weigh in, but not sure there will be a scale. I'll let you know if I don't have access to one.

@FWSWCindy Have a wonderful trip and just let us know if you cannot weigh in. My niece lives just east of Melbourne, FL on a little island called Indialantic...she loves it there.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    75k532w4m330.jpg
    Step Results - March Wk 1

Top 3 Placers:
    1. @Pupowl with 145,100 steps!!!
    2. @izzyred9400 with 103,221 steps!!
    3. @Krysless2 with 78,632 steps!

Great job guys!! WTG!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Walkers, please look at the step challenge chart and send in your steps so I can announce Week 2's winners...seeing some great step numbers so far this month!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    w5ivwvab2au1.png
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    3/16 6,935
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 908 Member