Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,665 Member
    Options
    How did you manage to get the shoulder in there too!?!?!?! :anguished: Wrists are... delicate!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    The shoulder and arm pain were thought to be from the cast weight and dealing with the brace. But four months on, the wrist is hot and swollen. The shoulder arm pain is worse. So something is not right! Hubby continues to vacuum and do housework!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Wrists are so complicated ... so many little bones and worse tendons and ligaments. I fell back on my wrist a few years ago and damaged the "soft tissues." No break - but almost two months in a removable heat molded cast with a thumb spica - that was a few weeks longer than the doctor initially wanted - but after the 4th week and 6th week check up moving my wrist/thumb in certain ways could still bring on shocking pain and a disjointed feeling that required some manipulation to resolve.

With all the living you do, I'm sure you have run into the carpal tunnel other overuse diagnosis. My scans showed that sort of thing and that is what the good doctor tried to pin my pain on - but that wasn't the problem. I knew about and coped with carpal and de Quervain’s for decades. The injury was something acute.

GOOD thing was by about a year later my wrist was back to its normal self. After some strengthening exercises I had full use (NOT overuse :) )

Long post to say - have faith, Yooly. It will probably take a lot longer then expected but there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I believe the bone breaks heal relatively quickly - then you have to deal with the soft tissue trauma. Let hubby do the tough stuff - maybe look into continuing with a splint type arrangement to give your wrist support while it continues to heal??????
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 22
    Options
    I never thought of soft tissue trauma. The wrist and hand were severely bruised.

I wonder how Athijade is getting along after her wisdom teeth removal.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I am doing well so far Yooly!

I am just over 24 hours from removal. Surgeon said that it went about as well as he would expect. Yesterday was tough. Was woken up about 10:30 with horrible pain so took my next dose of pain meds (which was due about then anyway) and iced it before trying to fall back to sleep. Could not sleep more then an hour at a time.

Since then though my pain has been under control. I am sore, especially my lower jaw (the impacted tooth was lower left) and have quite a bit of swelling. Just keeping up with my pain meds, sleeping when I feel like it, and eating as I can. All I have had today are a glass of carnation instant breakfast, a yogurt, and a chocolate milk shake.

Fingers crossed thing keep going well.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Glad to hear you’re recovering. That’s a lot of pain! I must say the chocolate shake sounds like a tasty meal.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Athijade (or is it Yooly's wrist) sent some of that extra stimulation towards my eye-noggin which got me up after a whole four hours of sleep-off-nodding. Consequently the day has gone the way of a puddle of brown goo! Thankfully I have extra doggy bags around... so trying to see what I can do!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So Mr. PAV - are you just sleep deprived? Feeling unwell? Why has your day turned to 💩? Aren’t you supposed to be planning your rendezvous with the lovely CCCGG? Perk up!

We’ll be going to Seattle in a few weeks. Although we tried to fit in a stop to Victoria BC, it won’t happen this time. There won’t be a PAV- Yooly meet up unfortunately.

Maybe someday I’ll get back to Vancouver.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Doesn't sound like much fun, Athijade. Hope it heals up quickly and you are feeling much better with that behind you.

Maybe a hose is in order too, PAV. And a weekend of rest??
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yooly you're about to enter the NAUGHTY list especially if you are arriving in May which I hope will be less iffy for me than April. SURELY I can talk you into jumping on the Amtrak and coming on over? I will even undertake to run interference between you and ketchup chips--for at least the time we would be together!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Wasted day. In spite of aspirin type thingies dragging myself around. Predictably perking up past sundown.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Sorry PAV! Anyway, I think you’ll be with the splendid CCCGG on the east coast while we’re in Seattle mid April.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Awwww....I'm sorry you won't be dancing a Larger Losers jig (? :) ) in person! I would have travelled their in my mind and joined you!

Later (???) if I work out this house - we can all gather in Newfoundland and not eat ketchup chips :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sigh. Except no cccgg till fall at this time. Too many things on the move right now. Happy if just survival achieved between now and then
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You better survive, PAV dear. What would we do without you? Sounds like there is a lot going on in your corner of the world. Sending you a hug.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You would thrive and conquer just fine Ms Laurie!

You may mildly miss long-winded pearls of wisdom in the main groups.

And you would not learn about my newest (re-found) revelations: the 45 to 50 Cal Carnation LIGHT hot chocolate! 175g water... satchel ranging from 12.9 to 13.6g so far. Even better with a bit more water or some milk and some extra unsweetened cocoa.

Purpose: replace with ~50Cal (or in any case less than 100/150 Cal if using two and some milk) one or two 240+ Cal candy bars that I noticed I was somewhat over-consuming.

Heck a single "white chocolate peanut thin" is more calories than one of these mugs of hot chocolate. And I can PROVE that I can eat way more peanut butter cups than mugs of hot chocolate!!!

I also just experimented with using the coffee maker's frothier and it did a better job of dissolving all the powder and gave it a nice frothy top too!

I bought the 13g Carnation light satchel variety, ASIN: B00FLSOPP2 They came in at about $0.53 each, so just about the same price point as a candy bar if you use two to fill a large mug and substitute for one candy bar... So just under the candy bar hard cost actually.

There is also another variety of Carnation Light with less weight per satchel that may or may not be more concentrated and work with the same amount of water. I couldn't see clearly from the pictures and I wasn't willing to experiment since I knew what I was getting with the 13g ones.

Anyway. That's it for "re-found" calorie savings. Contains sucralose. and as mentioned can easily be made a bit less sweet (and higher volume) by adding some cocoa and extra water or milk.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sigh. Except no cccgg till fall at this time. Too many things on the move right now. Happy if just survival achieved between now and then
    Ah Mr. PAV you will survive! Chaos in life is cyclical so the future looks mellow.

Funny thing - we’re taking a cruise to Alaska in early September that leaves out of Seattle. On the way back the ship makes a three hour +- stop in Victoria BC. It’s some kind of maritime agreement between Canada and US. Not enough time to actually go into Victoria though. But we can disembark into the pier.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Day 3 from surgery. Doing pretty good. Lower jaw is still sore. Upper left teeth are still pressure and cold sensitive. That is the worst pain I currently have.

Gonna try some really soft pasta a bit later. I was able to chew a little bit yesterday.

Getting bored with food, but this may break my soda and fast food cravings.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    That’s a pretty darn good recovery from wisdom tooth removal! Hubby had only two removed years ago. He looked like a chipmunk for two weeks. Of course military dentists are not known for their gentle touch.

Went out for a roast beef sub 250 calories. No frills no cheese. Then went with hubby to do some supervised grocery. Lots of NO we don’t need that even if it’s crazy cheap
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great news, Athijade! Wouldn't it be good if it helped you break those cravings? It is so freakin' easy to slip back into bad habits though. Seize the opportunity!!!!!!

I wish I was a fly on the wall at the grocery store, Yooly!