Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options
    but sooooooo hot today! Windows open and all that! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Hot?????? In BC????? Or feeling hot in those first warm days?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    We hit.... 20C yesterday 😎🤣
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    68F !!! That’s barely warm enough to take off a jacket.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    We got back to Austin yesterday afternoon. A week of fun, two hour time difference and a four 1/2 hour flight - I spent today napping 💤.

Did some laundry while hubby went to the grocery store (unsupervised). He must be tired too because it was a quick trip with few “bargain buys”.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You found a way to "save" yourself from bargains... send the poor guy on a 4.5h plane trip on his way to shopping! :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym today. Hit the weights machines pretty good. Taking a light steps day, will be about 7500-8000, I've been aiming for 12500-15k the last few days, so it's nice.

Made a return, went to the grocery store, got gas, have been watching NHL playoff hockey (my husband's team lost) and we've been doing laundry (Sunday routine stuff).

Played one of our favorite card games, Doomlings. May get in the hot tub.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like you're feeling better?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're feeling better?

Oh for sure. I'm just nervous about for how long, after my recent history.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ez does it! Hopefully it has either gone away or you will find an easy to fix reason!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 22
    Options
    Mixed in some ground up frosted flakes (45g) with some of the lemon pie mix (400g) and beat the "kitten* out of some 100g of defenseless egg whites with a drop or two of cream of tartar (0.7g) and sucralose thrown in... and shoved it all in the oven... waiting for it to cool down!
    h0bsr5uyw9hg.jpg

I am informed by remote troubleshooters that I apparently exercised insufficient beating of the *kitten* out of the egg whites! Or that they needed... even "more air". Apparently the hand beating method is frowned upon and I should employ mechanical aids!!!! Hmmm.... definitely worth re attempting.... how come we are not all eating meringue cookies... I bet you that with sucralose these puppies will be... NEGATIVE CALORIES (**ALMOST**) :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh, PAV....Almost! I hope it is good.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 22
    Options
    My attempt was . . Adequate I would lose the cereal/base for the next one.

The meringue was perfect in some spots so you can tell that it can work but I did have some undercooked and the top was too eggy.

Apparently I mis heard and cooked at 350 instead of 375. Also didn't beat enough given that egg whites were still liquid enough to pour out and self level.

So I have received instructions for the next attempt!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I've been sick again and just struggling with pain and discomfort. Thus why I have been so quiet around here.

I do have a fun weekend planned because C2E2 starts tomorrow for 3 days. It is the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. Should be a lot of fun. Had a great time last year when I went. Lots of cool celebs, but I am mostly there for the comics. They have a few panels about horror comics and books, which is my current obsession. I also took off Monday and Tuesday for recovery (thanks chronic fatigue!).
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That sounds as if it has the potential to be horribly entertaining! 🤣😘

But I'm horribly afraid of horrible things! 🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    It’s kind of a dichotomy Athijade- horror comics? I kind of prefer the funny kind too. But I admit I’ve never explored the other genres. For me, life is scary enough!

Hope you feel better and are able to enjoy the Expo.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I think I remember the Expo from last year? Hope you feel better and have a great time!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Went out to lunch with friends to celebrate hubby’s 77th birthday. 🎂 I never expected to be married to such an old man!!! Of course he never expected to be married to an old lady either. Who knew 50 years ago?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Woohoo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And he has a younger minx by his side! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Yooly's Hubby !!!