April Showers brings May Fitness - May 4, 2024

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,901 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: What are your *non Meat* proteins that you use?
  • SherryRueter
    edited May 1
    Options
    oh, and I would like to note that a year ago I was hovering 111.0 # after my dad's passing in Feb. 2023. .

@ceebeeslim - I've only done a couple Jillian workouts ever. Some of hers are super intense and I'm chicken to try it. HAHAHA.

My afternoon is going well. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my macros to line up for dinner tonight.... I will need to be creative I'm sure. The family is having BBQ ribs. WHen I put that in the calorie tracker it says *** STOP... DO NOT PASS GO!!! **** I may only get 1 nibble. Hell,might as well give up on that nibble and go with something healthier..... OR... I'm going to try to have 1 rib, and see how i can add in carbs (perhaps a sweet potato) and some better for you protein....... Like ? chicken or lean lean lean beef. The Rib issue is they are TOO fatty and put me at 30% fat. WAY to high as I'm targetting 20%

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 106.9 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 20)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 5/10/24
    3. Nutrition level Good daily
    4. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p)
    5. Take 30 minute nap after shower instead of smoking.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    QUESTION: What are your *non Meat* proteins that you use?

Sometimes eggs and plain greek yogurt.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Congrats @SherryRueter!!! Whoohoo! I know about those second, third, fourth and eighth tries!! 🤣🤣🤣. You worked so hard and I’m so happy for you! Inspiring!!
    Reached all goals except step goal today. I hope never to take off weeks from lifting again. I. Am. So. Sore.
    As for non meat proteins - I’m pretty bad. Quest bars, Vega protein powder smoothies, ensure max shakes. I’ll use egg whites but not enough to make a difference.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    I have some Legumes that I want to search for a recipe on how to use. I think between Legumes and Black beans (?) I can make soemthing like a Boca Burger. I just need to search for a recipe. Then I would be avoiding a lot of sodium and fillers (and processing!).

I've been trying to add beans into a daily meal...even if its just 1or 2Tbsp.
    I've been trying to add frozen peas, 1/4 - 1/2 cup.
    and Experimenting with Tofu .... even if its added to my egg whites...it still counts!
    I havent added Tofu to a protein shake yet. I'm a little burnt out on protein shakes to be honest.
    Maybe summertime will inspire me in the shake department. IDK.
    Oh, and plain Greek yogurt. (mixed into things, not alone).

SO, lately its been meat substitutes from the frozen processed isle. Not the best. But at least less saturated fat. (zero). But sodium is high on them.

And ... I have to start remembering to add a few Brazil nuts each week for selenium (hypothyroid recommendation!).

I want to start to incorporate Miso as well as Bonebroth daily. I haven't found my Mojo on that one yet.

@ceebeeslim Nice on getting your goals accomplished. I hope you get that step goal today/soon! ITs amazing what one extra walk around the block can do (mentally too).

I've been using the liquid egg whites instead of water in my protein shake when I blend it up with ice. I think it makes it thicker. AND since its not a processed protein...the body should take extra calories to burn it. I mean, technically....protein powders are all highly processed right?!?!?

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Reminder : Our Facebook group called Fitness Pals:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3642860499287446/

*request to join today*
  • SherryRueter
    Options

May 1st: "Mobility/recover day" PiYo + Cardio (6 Weeks of the work Cardio *2rounds) + Core(all).

======================
    1 days under calories
    0 days at calories
    0 days above calories

Mothers day weight 105#
    but I"m not weighing in until the end of may or Jun 1st.

2100 Calories at maintenance
    -300 Calories for Cut
    1800 : New calorie target
    **I've been getting around 1400-1500 daily MAXIMUM.
    A few days I'm at 800-1200

✅ Wed, May 1 = 1400 calories: Piyo + (6 Weeks of the work Cardio *2rounds) + Core(all).
    ✅ Thu, May 2 = --- : LiftMore Legs week 5 Day 5

SW:
    Mar 5th: 107.6 (I don't have any other weigh in's recorded)
    May 1st: 105.4
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Trying to stay strong today! Ok on all the fitness/nutrition goals but feeling panicky?!?! Never had a panic attack before but the stress of incoming rest results, followup tests, medication side effects and changes felt like it was swallowing me whole. Deep breaths! I’m feeling everything a test result is my fault - I’m failing somewhere, not good enough, not smart enough, not “on it” enough. Lordy. Good thing I don’t drink! 😩🤣
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @Ceebeeslim - Test results on you or on the Eldercare ? Yes, I wish I had words of inspiration for you but, know this, WE must go thru crap in order to draw closer to God and to lean on him for guidance. We come out of it stronger. I hope you stay strong - I know you'll feel proud. Peace comes from giving it to God.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in

Thursday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 109.8lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

TMI warning.... So uncomfortable. Terribly constipated. IBS is so unpredictable, I never know what will cause a flare up.

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 21)
    5. Take 30 minute nap after shower instead of smoking.
  • SherryRueter
    edited May 3
    Options
    May 3rd: LiiftMORE Shoulders & Chisel Cardio.

======================
    1 days ⬇️ under calories
    1 days ✅ at calories
    0 days 🔺above calories
    Spoiler
    Mothers day weight 105#
    but I"m not weighing in until the end of may or Jun 1st.

2100 Calories at maintenance
    -300 Calories for Cut
    1800 : New calorie target
    **I've been getting around 1400-1500 daily MAXIMUM.
    A few days I'm at 800-1200

⬇️ Wed, May 1 = 1400 calories: Piyo + (6 Weeks of the work Cardio *2rounds) + Core(all).
    ✅ Thu, May 2 = 2100(guestimate) At Calories : LiftMore Legs week 5 Day 5
    ⬇️ Fri, May 3 = : LiftMore Legs week 6 SHOULDERS and Chisel Cardio.
    ===================================================
    SW:
    Mar 5th: 107.6 (I don't have any other weigh in's recorded)
    May 1st: 105.4
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    .... A year ago I was at 112 according to this post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887823/awesome-april/p1

I'm SO happy that I took the Free Binge course with kellyLWellness. That was my turning point. I'm much more at peace.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Whoo hoo @SherryRueter! I know I was much lighter by about 10 pounds last year - that’s before I started doing Caroline Girvan on repeat. So definitely some muscle gained - visibly - but some fat I can see too. Ugh. Cutting to see more muscle is haaaaaaard!

Oh - it was my parents’ test results. Nothing major - just means a couple more tests and more periods of waiting - that’s the worse part. While you wait - at last for me - my brain does the “what if” game. You’re right - as my family says “Let go and Let God” or “leave it at the altar”.

Sorry for you’re not feeling well @justgirl81!

And just like that - my verse of the day…
    cul7jbld3q2t.jpeg

• justgirl81
    edited May 4
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.5 lbs
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Still backed up, but starting to go down a little. Honestly, look 3 months pregnant. I'll be ok.
    I'm fairly certain it was due to the mylanta I took a few days ago for heartburn. I've found that some things hit me hard.

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Acts 1)
    5. Take 30 minute nap after shower instead of "poison".
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim; loved your verse of the day. I’ve been working thru crap also as my son was involved in a car accident a few months ago and he wasn’t carrying insurance. The car he hit was a week old (42k dollars). He’s 27yr. Ugh. I’m working on leaning on god.

Maybe this will be a good format for my daily update.
    Yesterday above calories. Met with a lawyer about son’s case. Yay (free session at least). Damn Candy!
    I also had 2 packets of sweetener. So let’s think thru that. Sweetener is proven to increase cravings 1-2hrs after consumption and BAM 💥 that’s when I had candy. Research was right. I also forgot about my meal plan.

Today is a new day.

Just a girl- glad things are starting to move for you.
    07cmypx6oiw5.jpeg
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Great format @SherryRueter.

think I nailed down why I was/am off-track. In addition to the eldercare stress, my husband lost two of the closest people to him - too young, unexpected, but both had loads and loads of stress from work and family life. Some how I think I internalized not letting the stress of the weight loss get to me so sort of sayin “-(:);&(. It”.

“Why have one waffle when you want two. You’re not that big anyway. People find you more attractive a bit thicker anyhow. Ice cream is happiness. Is cake that bad”. And so on and so on.

However, I know that’s what I feel in the moment not long term!! I can’t recall where I saw it but there is some mantra out there that helps with this kind of thinking!! 😖😖
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 6 miles crosstrainer, 1 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.0 lbs

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Acts 2)
    5. Take 30 minute nap after shower instead of "poison".
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    This weeks goals to meet are:
    d4z9drrbncht.jpeg
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @ceebeeslim. Stress of any sort has me say FFFF it . It’s hard sometimes to sit thru the stress. I’ve been doing some of that sitting thru the stress and being successful. It’s not easy.

So today is successful. Yesterday too many sweets . So it balances out. Today- just a chill relaxing day. Been sitting for a couple hours and I’d rather be doing something . Shopping…..