WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    A sole teammate weighing in on a given day.. you know what that means! @Gidgitgoescrzy is our Empress of Wednesday!

Love that you test things, I'm the exact opposite.. procrastinating and then just winging it and hoping it works. Your method sounds much less stressful and well thought out!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    @adrimango so glad to see you! It sounds like it has been quite a few weeks, and you navigated it all pretty well for sure. Enjoy the rest and relaxation as much as you can - and don't worry if it feels a bit like depression for a bit of time. After a big rush up to a concert or something is over, I often feel relieved that now I can rest, but a day or two of feeling seriously listless, not caring about anything, and feeling down sometimes happens on those first days. More than our bodies are tired!

@Gidgitgoescrzy boot those fruit loops and marshmallows to the curb! You know how much better a sliced apple with a bit of almond butter tastes :yum: and it takes a heck of a lot more effort to get it ready and inside of you! Allergies are the pits, though - I'm so glad I don't get them like I did when I was young.

Have a good one*, everyone! (*day, that is. not allergy. or marshmallow.)
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I had a good day so far. I ate within calories, went to the gym. But I am having a hungry day. Makes me nervous for later...I may need to go to bed early. Although typically if I have a hungry day or two, and eat a little extra, the next 2 days I am not as hungry and eat a little less. Not sure if that happens to anyone else? I'm not having any specific cravings...just hungry.

@YinxFed great job on day 1! Remember, you can always repeat a day or week if needed (this is my 3rd week of doing week 5 of the C25K) and running slow can help you run further.

@Gidgitgoescrzy I have never heard of that cereal, but it sounds interesting. I love marshmallows but I may be weird in the fact that I don't really like or eat any cereal. Never have, even growing up.

@adrimango get some rest after the crazy time! Not sure if you are having all the rain like we are in Greensboro, but it's definitely giving me time to sit back.

@katzservant that's interesting to travel like that. Where has been your favorite place you have seen?
  • jugar
    Options
    @katzservant Karly - that sounds like a plan! Losing a large amount of weight is certainly a big challenge, but I have seen some pretty amazing successes in these teams on F2F. Don't hesitate to stop by here often, and also to lurk around on some of the other team chat threads when you're in need of inspiration! I'd also love to hear about some of your previous travels and where you are planning on going next year.

@lauren_989 hungry days happen. Sometimes it is good to just eat a bit more, as long as it does not get out of control. I also find that adjusting the elements can help - a bit more fat and less carb, or a bit more carb (not simple ones!) and more filling vegetables, more protein and less fat - see what works! If the eat eat eat vibes still are singing away, have some pickles. Not sweet ones!

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    @YinxFed

YES! Love the post-workout pic girl, looks like a great start to the None2Run program! Way to go
  • jugar
    Options
    Time for the Thursday crew to line up and report! Here we go:

@MaddawgMadsen
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 248.2
    CW 248.8
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 843 Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    Good morning to our fabulous team

This thread is really fun to read, it’s almost like I can hear your voices and see your personalities shine from the page. What a time to be alive. Glad we have a platform where we can vent, challenge, make goals for our lives and future, and inspire others. Heck, I admire seeing numbers posted when your weight is up! To have a place you can be completely honest and free is a blessing. When I see this it makes me feel safe and relaxed to do the same. Y’all are just cool.

So, I had a ..weird.. thing happen, not the biggest thing in the world but not helping either 😆. I’ve now had my TOM twice in one month, only 1 week between them, can’t say I know exactly why but it is what it is. I’m sure this has happened to other's and it’s no big deal, I’m thinking it’s perimenopause and my hormones are out of sorts. Anyway. I’ll keep my chin up and we’ll see how it affects my weigh in on Saturday. I’ll do my best.

@adrimango Enjoy your concert! Normalcy will return soon, make great memories and do what you can. I’m 42, and don’t for see anything calming down for a looooonnngggg time, it’s always something with work, family, life, but if we stay present in our minds and bodies, and remember we are only here for a short while, it’s worth the chaos sometimes lol.

@lauren_989 Agree with jugar, it’s good you recognize how you’re feeling. If it’s real hunger, not emotions or boredom, then you probably do need to eat. Or, possibly, adjust your macros to what satiates you more. For some that’s protein, others it’s bulking up their veggies, whatever it may be, a little correction and you’ll have managed 2 things- hunger and how to deal with hunger in the future.

@katzservant What an interesting lifestyle! I want to hear more. So fun! Rooting for you on that one year goal and getting back on the road.
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and understanding! You all are so right that more than my body is tired and I'm having a natural let down after the wind up to presenting at 2 conferences.

Has anyone made a game of adopting new habits with rewards? I'm thinking of "paying" myself with Monopoly money to earn a massage. I love and benefit from massages but rarely spend the money on myself for them. I'm thinking a tangible reward for doing each thing-- adding monopoly money to a jar would encourage me and I'd see it adding up toward a bigger reward. Ideally I could "earn" the massage in 7-10 days then pick another reward. If it will take weeks to earn the massage I'll lose momentum, I think.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    PW: 175.8
    CW: 175.0 :smiley:

I was somewhere in the 178 range over the weekend, but have been slowly dropping since I started this new diet on Monday. It's starting to seem like this was the diet change I needed.

@YinxFed - LOVE the picture! It put a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing! And, great job on crushing the first day!

@adrimango - It's great to see you posting again. It definitely sounds like a break was in order. I'm glad you took it. I've never done new habits with rewards, but I like the idea. I've rewarded myself once I've hit a goal, but not small rewards every day/time I reinforced a new habit.

@katzservant - I'm excited to hear about your travels. What has been your favorite destination and why?

@lauren_989 - I absolutely understand the hunger days. I know that I am going to have them, and so I allow myself to lean into them a little. Nothing extreme, but I might have two string cheeses instead of just one. Or, a small spoonful of peanut butter. Maybe some turkey pepperoni. Or, I'll cut up some veggies with a small amount of hummus (if I'm home). If it is sugar I'm craving, I occasionally have a small bag of gluten free licorice that I'll have a few pieces out of. If I don't have the licorice, I'll do a small amount of peanut butter with dark chocolate chips. The hunger usually only lasts a day or two, so I allow myself the chance to eat a few more calories, but I have set things that I'll allow myself. Hopefully, that will help you decide how to handle your hunger days. :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    adrimango wrote: »
    Has anyone made a game of adopting new habits with rewards? I'm thinking of "paying" myself with Monopoly money to earn a massage. I love and benefit from massages but rarely spend the money on myself for them. I'm thinking a tangible reward for doing each thing-- adding monopoly money to a jar would encourage me and I'd see it adding up toward a bigger reward. Ideally I could "earn" the massage in 7-10 days then pick another reward. If it will take weeks to earn the massage I'll lose momentum, I think.
    This is a great question. I am of two minds about rewards - sometimes they can be discouraging, but they can also help get you through those times when you just want to give up. Saving for something when you hit a certain goal can be good, as long as it does not take too long! You are right about losing momentum. So make it serious enough ($10 per workout or day perfectly on your meal plan for a week or two) and it might work.

One of the very silly ones I love is to help establish new "tiny" habits by linking them to something you already do with 100% certainty, and then celebrating the tiny new habit right away in a physical way. You certainly have to go pee a few times a day :sunglasses: so right afterwards, do 2 squats or 1 push-up or whatever, then throw your arms up like you just landed a winning goal, or played La Campanella by Franz Liszt, and take a bow to the screaming crowd. Hear the whistles and bravos! Swell with pride! Fist pump if you must! Or you brush your teeth a couple times a day - do it standing on one foot, or while doing a few squats, march in place - again, whatever works for you. Pick a celebration for that one too.

I enjoy these silly moments and they help keep the doing of those things happening - and often leading to the bigger workout or whatever is important to do that day. So they are not "real" rewards in that they are not tangible, but they give a lot of good feeling, at which I do not thu9kowd9vv9.png

• bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 238.6
  • jugar
    Options
    Time for the biggest numbers party of the week! Here comes the Friday crowd:

@tlcjen12
    @EvMakesChanges
    @Kali225
    @Vio_let23
    @wishfuljune
    @micki48
    @Ruth_2024

Thanks!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    PW:197.4
    CW:198.8

I am due for TOM, which I think is playing a big contribution here. I’ve been relatively aligned with my calorie goal this week and have completed all the new Sydney Cummings’ workouts for Summertime Fine 2024 so far.

I will keep moving forward and not get deterred by that number.
  • tlcjen12
    tlcjen12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @jugar cw 173.5 I made sure I kept track this week of my eating and it paid off lol. Still continuing to do my workouts in the am and making sure I get in my steps in for the day. Oh and drink plenty of water lol
This discussion has been closed.