Brand new here! Over 40 holding myself accountable

Options
lek1111
lek1111 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 1 in Social Groups
Hi all! I just joined but have on and off used programs to lose weight or manage my eating habits. In the last year I moved across states, got busy w work, have had bouts of depression AND in a new relationship. I knew I was overeating/emotional eating when depressed OR happy since last spring but only recently really hit me because the primary care doctor is concerned with the rapid gain. It’s 40 pounds since New Years. I’ve complained to my s/o about feeling out of control and frustrated-we met in October and it’s April and I’m 40 pounds heavier! I am trying to have a fresh start w better habits.

Any perspectives welcome! Would love to make some friends on here.

-L

Replies

• nafisapreston1975
    nafisapreston1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What healthy habits are you creating?
    I started back this month because I need to go to the doctor, but I want to weigh less before I go. My main goal this month is to log everything I eat. No matter what. I’m focusing 80% of my journey on making smart food choices. I’ve started the Vshred exercise program, but that’s not my priority this month. I am focusing on daily food journaling.

• Cimm110
    Cimm110 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I to am starting back on tracking food. I haven’t been very consistent in the past. I seem to only go in 80% on diets that work for friends. I have done 2 diets in the last year that I give up after 2 months. I am currently struggling with my A1C numbers gradually climbing the past couple years. I am 59 and have managed my Diabetes for 10 yrs with little medication. Now I am scared and desperately want to do better.