Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Ty is actually the opposite of chill. It is so mentally exhausting for her to be still that she ends up passing out. At home, she is literally always moving. I can see she is getting tired by her heavy eyes, I have to put her in a crate so she can be still and sleep. Night before last I started tethering her by her bed so she didn't have a choice, poor thing was so anxious, it took her over an hour to actually lay still and 1.5 hours before she slept. Last night was only an hour from time of tether
    until she slept.
    I used to feel that same guilt when i would do stuff with one not the other, Mom guilt😉.
    I did get to the gym! I seem to remember that your migraines get worse at this time of year? WOW good for you only going 79 over. With pizza around I don't think I would be as good

@TeresaW2024 I used to tell my daughter that she was stubborn about somethings. She corrected me apparently they are just very determined😅. Ty wasn't too brave when we were out and the bobcat started to pick up some roadcrush, my word that was noisy! Yikes! It sounds like that meeting was so uncomfortable. It is so difficult when there are kids involved, we never want to think our kids could do any wrong. I'm glad you did well on your eating and exercise after such a stressful day. Good for you!

@txcritter69 I think part of your response to me got cut off. What is diesel like when he is exposed to new things? Good for you that you are back to the weight before camping!

I was able to get to the gym this morning and do spin class and it is very evident that I have not been consistent at the gym for the last few months, it is exhausting me lol. Busy day after that with appointments, dentist, Physio, then driving my mom around. I seriously just want to have a nap but I haven't been home much today so the dogs need some exercise.
    Hope everybody had a great day!

A picture for your viewing pleasure. My dogs play tug a lot! Ty Has just come up with a new move, very interesting. If Vannie has had the upper hand for too long, Ty will turn around and try to sit on Vannie's head all while holding the tug. Vannie is on to her now though and moves quickly out-of-the-way😆
    wuifo406ge0j.jpeg
    ao76k7l77fi7.jpeg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,722 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 The theater brunch sounds fun, I love Grease and the soundtrack to it. LOL those are some big machines for Ty to check out!

@reshii_devi Yay so glad you're feeling better and are back on track already!

@Veta2018 Congratulations on Carson!

@tfelts147 You'll get it off no worries!

@trooworld I let the guy who cleans the wellness clinic move in, he's renting a room from me and we're discounting it in exchange for him helping around the house. I don't recall what I said yesterday but even though we get along great it's been weird getting used to male energy in the house especially when the last one was my jerk ex-boyfriend. Now that I know why I'm feeling uptight I'm working through it okay though. Very interesting on the storm, I listened to this before the storm, you may find it intriguing: https://youtu.be/X55ik2uoK30?si=C7SwX9FaBrObYtrB

@TeresaW2024 LOL I agree I DON'T want to share space with her! I mentioned this is Chris's post but a 25-year-old man who cleans the clinic in exchange for treatment and I have become friends and I let him move in, he's renting my extra room and helping around the house. He's been easy to get along with and has been great about helping it's just weird having someone here. He was relieved I didn't want to let that practitioner move in! Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that about the family leaving. I hope things can be worked out for the best.

@txcritter69 I wish I didn't need the roommate but I can't pay a lot here and it's not fair for my family. It IS hard getting used to though. I'm so glad the acupuncture went well, it's worth a try especially if he has good results. Congrats on getting back to your pre-camping weight!

Hi team! Had a long day, that same practitioner came to hang out with me all day with the guise of teaching me stuff but she was so manic and going off on tangents that she was hard to follow. I'm feeling better from my last couple treatments which is exciting! Have a great Friday friends.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    What are your top 3 favorite or most used emojis? Please show them.

Here are mine
    🤯😂👍
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    What are your top 3 favorite or most used emojis?

When I text, it's ❤️😊😁. On here, it's 💪.

Thank you everyone. I have been spending most the week with my grandson. He is such a good baby. I forgot how much they sleep.
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW. 251.5
    CW 252
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.2
    CW: 177.4

+0.2
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    I miss you guys, sorry I’ve been MIA.

Easily the busiest week of the year for me. Just everything happening in the span of a couple days.

I have not tracked this week. Ugh. I will do it today, I promise! I have also not done my walking because I was so busy. Monday is a holiday so I have a nice long weekend to look forward to :)
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    I miss you guys, sorry I’ve been MIA.

Easily the busiest week of the year for me. Just everything happening in the span of a couple days.

I have not tracked this week. Ugh. I will do it today, I promise! I have also not done my walking because I was so busy. Monday is a holiday so I have a nice long weekend to look forward to :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 246.2
    CW: 246.4

+0.2 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Was the guy really upset because his son was accused of this? Or, was he upset because he knew his son did it? I hope things turn out okay and you don't lose that girl and her family. Good job with the eating and exercise!

@Jactop Congrats on the loss!

@laurelfit57 Oh wow! You know, I can relate, Violet sometimes starts playing in the middle of the night and it is so annoying lol. How did you get over that guilt? Good job with the gym! Woo hoo! You might be right about this time of year, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks! That's hilarious about Ty sitting on Vannie's head! Vannie is such a good sport!

@Cornanda We had the same gain this week. Hopefully we have a better week next week.

@Katmary71 Oh I see! Well, that's good you have someone to help you. I hope you can get used to it. Thanks for the video, I am watching it now as I answer posts! I'm glad you are feeling better from the treatments.

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What are your top 3 favorite or most used emojis? Please show them.
    I'm on my desktop so I can't show them, but my most used are the 100%, a heart, and a thumbs up.

Hi all. We were supposed to have beet salad with goat cheese last night for dinner with fresh beets from my container garden. But when we got home and I attempted to harvest the beets, they weren't ready lol. So, we pivoted and had just a regular salad. Luckily, we had stuff to make a salad. We had chicken on it. I was under on calories yesterday. I had another gain this week, but it was only 0.2 lbs. I can see why I gained, I had Mother's Day food, tacos, breakfast out, and pizza. Ah, the value of tracking.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack outside of what I planned, drank 96 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

@laurelfit57 I was saying That Diesel is like Ty when it comes to new things. He is very Skittish, he will sneak up on it and start nipping at it if he is really unsure about it. The rain has finally giving us a break. I am going to get able to work with Diesel outdoors. The trainer did help me in the fact the working on his basic commands will help build more confidence. So I am going back to the basics. I also learned that my pup just might be allergic to chicken and that might be part of his anxiety. So I went home and looked at all of his food and treats and it is all chicken. I am changing his food from chicken and brown rice to lamb and brown rice. Still looking for a good training treat and snacks.

@Katmary71 I understand. It sounds like you are going to have fun with this practitioner. I hope in the end you find a way to learn from her.

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What is your favorite or most used emojis?
    🎉😂❤️

The sun is out and so am I. Have a great day folks🤠
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Options
    What are your top 3 favorite or most used emojis?

❤️😁👍
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @AustinRuadhain @Divya365 @davors19 @ninyagwa
    Tomorrow weigh-in reminder: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Hm I'm on my desktop so can't do them but I do a heart or the metal sign the most.

@Veta2018 I'm glad you've gotten in good grandson time!

@megnolia82 Did you track today? I hope so! I honestly have been slacking at tracking a bit too.

@trooworld Oh I agree with you on the 100% emoji too 100% lol! That's some yummy food and I bet that .2lbs will be off soon.

@txcritter69 Thank you. Luckily the practitioner who's helping me isn't the one teaching me office stuff, I'm trying to sit back and let that part of things work out on their own. I'm glad the confidence will help Diesel, I hope he's feeling it soon! Wow the chicken issue is interesting I hope you're able to see a difference soon if this IS what's going on.

@19shmoo69 Beautiful rainbow! I think I faintly see the second below?

Hi team, long work day! I got an allergy shot and went to the store as the practitioner I work with the most has a birthday and I wanted to get a card for everyone to sign. I didn't make it to the farm like I was hoping but got to work early and the nutritionist/micro current practitioner was teaching my roommate and I some nutrition information then she'd asked me to come in and help with two of her patients today. The first one has CRPS and MS I've become friendly with in the last month or two, I was asked to share my improvements and helped treat her with micro current. I HAVE been wanting to learn micro current and have been taking classes when I can but Yvonne is telling everyone I'm her intern now so I guess I am? I appreciate her teaching me. It's educational just physically challenging for me to do though I DO really enjoy helping people. The second woman she's suspecting she has CRPS or neurological issues so she had me in to share my story and I stuck around and assisted then spent time with her afterward talking. I think hearing my story helped her let down her guard and see things could be worse then she got a lot off her chest when it was just the two of us. I'm not sure what's going to happen with the clinic but the team there today was great and it felt how a functional medicine clinic should ideally be. I didn't get time to eat and had a snack when I first got home but need to make dinner. Have a great Saturday team!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I can see just a hint that there's a double rainbow there...it must have been gorgeous to see in person! Great moment; thanks for sharing!

Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.0
    CW: 128.0

My center weight is 130; my maintenance range is 127-133. I'm within my range but trying to gain back to my center weight. It gets tricky in the summer because I'm so much more active.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 186.1
    CW 186.3
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217.8
    Today’s Weight: 215.3
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 How cool. Looks like you have a huge backyard?

@Katmary71 Thank you! That's cool you are now an intern. You sound like you are a good listener, Kat. I'm sure that lady appreciated it.

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I didn't have a good eating day yesterday, I think I had a case of the "It's Friday, let's celebrate!". Today, we are going to the Puppy Prom and Kitty Court. It's going to be so much fun. It's a fundraiser for an animal center. It's being held at a brewery. We are entering Daisy in a contest to be Prom Queen. I can't wait. I also have a lot of running around to do.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, tried to balance things out by skipping dinner.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 What an awesome career you are developing! Being able to help people with complete empathy since you understand their pain so well. Is this a career move that you want or are you just going to continue as an “intern.” I’m excited for you! <3

@trooworld I am not sure exactly why the father is so upset. His son denies it was him, and perhaps he feels that should be the end of the discussion. What made it worse is that the father is our current youth leader, with his son, the girl, and her brother. I found out that a fight between the boys almost happened. So, I don’t know, but I think they have left for good. It's a sad situation, for sure. 😕 What a fun event! I can’t wait to see pics of Queen Daisy. :)

@Good morning! It’s another rainy day here. Seriously, when is it NOT raining? 🙄 My diet and exercise are going very well, and I plan to keep it up today. My sister and I are competing and have vowed we won’t drink until we lose 10 lbs. Our goal is June 27 so we can make a party out of the first presidential debates. Yeah, we are strange girls who love their politics. 🤣 I have get some things lined out for work now that we lost our children's coordinator. I was so happy that I didn't have to deal with that stuff, and now it's been dumped back on my lap. I also have some strange charges with the church bank statement and will have to go into the bank this week to figure out what that is all about. Ugh, sometimes I dream of quitting and being a regular churchgoer who doesn't deal with the inner workings. Have a good day! :)

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What are your top 3 favorite or most used emojis?
    I don’t think I can choose just three since I’m an emoji lover! My favorites are: <3 🙏🤣🫤and 🙄. I dream that Facebook will add the eye-roll emoji someday. I would use the heck out of that one! 🤣
This discussion has been closed.