Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,722 Member
    Options
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AmbersWay I agree with you I'm not happy either about losing it. Glad to hear the kids are doing well sounds like your daughter will make a great physician. I hope you DO join Kik!

@tammymccrady6278 It sounds like you're doing great congrats! I'm glad the flower beds are done and you can enjoy them a bit. Feels good to have the garden “in”, I'm about there too.

@TeresaW2024 You DID do great with fasting I remember that! I love your dedication it's motivating reading you and @tammymccrady278 's posts of taking care of yourselves it's very inspiring.

@trooworld The dishcloths DO last way longer! I saw they're at Costco now too. I honestly can't tell who most the people are on Kik LOL, I know you from your pic but I'm usually going on without my glasses and can't tell with the rest. You fully have our support on having surgery, it's not an easy decision but you're a very intelligent woman who researches a lot and if you decide it's what is right for you we have your back. I learned a lot more about it having a close friend from here go through it and how it really changes your urge to eat so it's a lot more than just willpower which not everyone understands. Hope the musical was awesome!

@19shmoo69 Great Dad joke!

I ended up sending my roommate a nasty text, I'd told him to just give me $50 out of his check and he gave me $40 plus I'm sharing my food so I pointed out I'm aware of other money he's had and wasted and rent IS NOT an option it's non-negotiable and doing that over $10 when he's $200 short isn't cool. He got a check when he first moved in I could've taken it out of but I told him I could wait. I got $10 more as soon as he got home which was smart as he was going to be asked to leave otherwise. He's got pot to smoke but no rent or food? Yeah I don't think so, what I'm asking is about half what I could rent the room for. I have the one practitioner who is a little out there and her dog who want to live here so while she'd be a more intrusive personality she WOULD be reliable. I went for brunch with an old friend this morning and to the farmer's market then went to Sacramento for the Northern CA CRPS support group at a yummy ice cream shop. A client from the wellness clinic came and everyone's interested in what we're doing there so we may be making a video to show people once we know the next step there. It IS a great chance for the CRPS community to be helped and for the clinic so I'm pretty excited, the thinking by the president of the support group is having the most reputable RSD/CRPS group interview them or us which honestly could bring in a lot of clients. This was super long, have a great Sunday!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I’m going to have to skip this week’s weigh in. I won’t be near a scale as I’m out of town.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope the insurance comes through for you. I know not everyone likes the idea but it works well for many people. Being post menopausal, pcos or many other things makes weight loss extremely difficult. You have to do whats best for you.

@TeresaW2024 I am cheering for you and Megnolia on your fasting journeys. It’s all about doing what works best for each of us.

Tammy, Mica, Jessica and Gemwolf, you all are doing great 👍🏻

Well yesterday I felt like snacking so much, I’m afraid to go fill in my log but I will. I may come out even and may not. I did do a lot of things around the house yet my steps were a bit over 8k. Lots of laundry folding. 😂

5 more days of exams and then FREEDOM! Wohoo! Can’t wait to the have kids home with me. Maybe they can fold laundry 😂😂😂😂

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 256
    C. W. 260
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    @digger61 @865jessica Congrats on the losses!

@19shmoo69 HAHAHAHA!

@Katmary71 Interesting about them being at Costco now. Oh, lol, I knew at one time who was on Kik but now I know one or two. They don't have the same screenname so it makes it hard. Thank you re: the surgery. You are right: it's not an easy decision and it's not an easy path. I just want some peace with food. Yes, you are right! The musical was a heavy subject (bipolar disorder, suicide attempt, and infant death all happened in the musical) but it was really well done and good. Thanks. Oh man, I'm sorry about the roommate situation. Have you thought about how you would get rid of him if he doesn't want to leave? Yum, ice cream! I hope you guys can do the video.

@AmbersWay It should: I meet the BMI criteria and even if I didn't, I have comorbidities. Yeah, I have people in my life who feel the need to tell me how they know someone that it DIDN'T work for, rather than offering me support. I appreciate yours! I had an over day as far as cals go, since I went out for dinner. Hopefully yours wasn't as bad as you were thinking. Good idea to put the kids to the laundry! LOL

Hi all. I had a great time last night. We went to the Chinese restaurant rated number one in the city's magazine. I think it deserves that rating. I went to bed late and got up at 3:40, so I'm really tired and will probably take a nap. I hope you are having a great weekend.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

Since becoming a motivator I've learned there's quite a a bit that goes on behind the scenes when it comes to tracking weights

In my opinion there's a couple of options when your traveling or scale has broke or he k even if you just don't want to step on the scale "tomorrow".

Option one is to use your previous weight as your current weight.

Option two weigh before you leave and just say it. I won't have a scale so here it is now.

I know I said a couple of options but there is a third.

Option three go to a store that sells old style manual scales. Thanks it off the shelf. Weigh yourself. Put it back on the shelf. Probably not the most popular or accurate option but still it's an option.

And a 4th! Ask for a week off in advance. The Captains then just enter your weight from the previous week and mark it EXCused. Or 2 weeks. If it is going to be a whole month, you can ask to take a temporary placement in the Support Team and then come back to the regular team when you are ready. We love options. AND, of course, you can just be late or early - as long as something is in there by the end of Saturday every week.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 147
    CW: 147.2

+0.2
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday: May 26
    SW 175
    PW 174.0
    CW 171.8
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 200.0
    CW: 197.8
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

Since becoming a motivator I've learned there's quite a a bit that goes on behind the scenes when it comes to tracking weights

In my opinion there's a couple of options when your traveling or scale has broke or he k even if you just don't want to step on the scale "tomorrow".

Option one is to use your previous weight as your current weight.

Option two weigh before you leave and just say it. I won't have a scale so here it is now.

I know I said a couple of options but there is a third.

Option three go to a store that sells old style manual scales. Thanks it off the shelf. Weigh yourself. Put it back on the shelf. Probably not the most popular or accurate option but still it's an option.

And a 4th! Ask for a week off in advance. The Captains then just enter your weight from the previous week and mark it EXCused. Or 2 weeks. If it is going to be a whole month, you can ask to take a temporary placement in the Support Team and then come back to the regular team when you are ready. We love options. AND, of course, you can just be late or early - as long as something is in there by the end of Saturday every week.

Have a 5th option…if you’re a member of a gym you can use theirs as they more than likely have a scale.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty
    Reminder for tomorrow's weigh-in to the following: @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi @bark2j5 @Artemis_2024
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    g4eklnv9e3gc.png
    tdlbd5wof6lf.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    evoil7w6zcep.png

By Pounds
    ofkko99y6j4z.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    k4u0eyryf0rr.png

By Pounds
    8c3iyjjbi4eg.png
    vj9rmwdhsutz.png

Team Winners
    7g0ccqu3buu5.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    qmc1r16k74uw.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    If anyone has a friend who would like to join our group please feel free to share this link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10916301/registration-for-new-members-june-2024#latest

We're ready to add some new faces to our teams for June! If you are already here, you do not need to sign up again :wink: You're here for the duration!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 Sunday weigh in May 26

SW: 228
    PW: 207.6
    CW: 208.8

Ugh.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 125 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 125 lbs.
    Maintenance Goal 123- 127(center weight 125) I'm still not sure at this time. I would be ok if I lost a few more pounds but feel good where I'm at too. I would like to build a little more muscle. Try to tighten everything so it's a little less flabby. I don't have any full length mirrors in my house home so I mostly only notice what I look down and see.
    My garden is coming along nicely. I had some garden fresh strawberries in my oatmeal this morning.
    I miss my little grandson. His mom has many excuses why we can't go see him. Too many people been visiting, she's not feeling well, he's feeding, sleeping, they've been out all day or just don't answer my calls.
    I had my hair highlighted and trimmed today.
    Also did some very needed grocery shopping. It rained most of today. We plan to grill with our boys tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of tree jobs with my husband too. I got a great tan and a lot if cuts and bruises to go with it. I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
This discussion has been closed.