Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 21 of 52

PW: 138.1
    CW: 137.4

Just came in from spraying the last of the weeds in the yard it took me two days to get that done. Next, I need to trim some fruit trees that are out of control. A Pomegranate tree is basically a bush that has grown up and it has lots of suckers at the bottom that make it look like a shrub. I need to trim those off. The weather is getting warmer so I'm hoping to get yard work done in the mornings. MFP did not track my exercise the last time I did yard work, but today it's back. Not sure I'm going to like the new version of MFP; I enjoy the feed I always read that first. I will just have to come here more often.

Welcome new members!

Counting calories is the only thing that has worked for me I lost over a hundred pounds walking only 3000 steps a day and eating 1200 calories. I made it a game, how much food could I eat with 1200 calories, you would be surprised. Maintenance for me is 1450 calories. Not much more than weight loss.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,119 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ..You have a returning member joining you again ... Please welcome back @DrewsAnna :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @trooworld – Not sure what type of surgery you’re planning, but a friend of mine did the sleeve and she lost so much weight and has kept it off for the last several years. No poo-poo’ing from me on your choice!
    @TeresaW2024 – Gorgeous puzzle!
    @AyaTheTyga – Subscribed!
    @Veta2018 – I am so sorry about your grandson. I hope you’re able to see him soon.
    @megnolia82 – Your feelings are valid. Hugs :(

Welcome @lislisa123 & @sunflowerhippi and welcome back @DrewsAnna :)

Just hopping on really quick…sorry I can’t reply to everyone. So much stress in my life right now, but I’m going to zone out this evening with my stamping club. Still no Little Lady Brayden yet. Doctor said they are going to schedule inducement next week. TTFN!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @Artemis_2024
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow to the following: @askewcr @tfelts147
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Great job on the 2lbs! Yes you DO have to forgive yourself and don't waste time beating yourself up. Roommate and I are doing better, thanks!

@trooworld That recipe looks delicious just saved it! I need to get some buns though they'd be good in lettuce wraps too. I just got my first jalapeno I can use too. The lake and walk sounds awesome I'm glad you went.

@lisalisa123 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! I think you'll like things around here, don't miss the full group challenges in the top of the group they're fun if you like competing. Now do you like Lisa Lisa and The Cult Jam? You're a little young to have listened but had to ask!

@sunflowerhippi Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles my old friend, glad you were put in this group! Gang Julie is a friend I used to Zoom with during Covid, a mutual feed friend would host Zoom parties and that's how we met.

@FushiaKat Sounds like the yard is keeping you busy! I'm not happy about the change either, guess we'll see it soon enough.

@DrewsAnna Welcome back to MS, we're happy you've returned!

@vegan4lyfe2012 No worries just post what you can. Have fun with the club!

@laurelfit57 Wow that's a very busy day! Aw Ty was out what a great photo.

Hi team! I have a garden club planning meeting tonight so came on early. Work was boring I was there alone with nothing to do. I reached out to another woman who left after being in the same position I am and we're planning to take micro current classes together though I won't be able to do the big program ($4500). I'm doing a workout challenge with some feed friends and am expecting sore arms in the morning. Have a great night and awesome Wednesday!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    Hey, new to the group. Trying to find a way to stay active due to the loss of the newsfeed. I asked for this group as knew someone in it. So hi all.

Current weight 209
    Highest weight 214 or so

Weigh in day Friday
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone some how I got behind in the reading. I really didn't think I would let that happen but I did. I'll blame it on the long weekend or Milli Vanilli.

I went to the Fungeon this morning and had a lil exercise sesh.
    I noticed the other day that it is crossfit games season. I'm so excited. Can you tell.? 🎉🥳🔥😳😜
    So I saw a video that had fitness/bodybuilders vs fat people in a "debate" type setting. It made me so angry. I would like to have a conversation with Greg Doucette. If any of you know him pass it along to him.
    Fast forward to the other day, I saw a shirt with Matt Fraser. He had a buddy that lost 100lbs. He wanted to go to the gym and Matt said we'll go. His friend said it's intimidating. How do I start? What do I do? I don't think I can workout that long. Matt invited him over to his place to workout. It lasted 12 minutes. His buddy was like what's next? Matt said nothing that was it. Nobody starts lifting heavy for hours. Come back tomorrow and we will 12 more minutes. (Paraphrasing)
    That made so much sense. It's about moving not about what is perceived as the right way to move.

Oh and drinking coffee. Yes drinking coffee.
    ( @vegan4lyfe2012 or tea)
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 29
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome peps.

@katmary71 At first, I was like Who the heck is Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam? lol. I had to look up the music because I wasn't familiar with the name. I heard the "Can You Feel The Beat" Full-force remix song before and the "All Cried Out" Cover by Allure. I never knew that wasn't the original. Learn something new every day.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 330 Member
    edited May 29
    Options

Hey y'all, I'm back!! Thank you for the warm welcome. My name is Anna, I was here before, but I kind of fizzled out. I had way to much going on and just couldn't keep up. This time ought to be better. This girl here is 160 lbs. It's time to get busy.

1ogd3be6mb0z.jpg

Y'all have a great evening. Ttyl....
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,301 Member
    Options
    @sunflowerhippi - Welcome!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 @trooworld @laurelfit57

Thank you so much. I started reading Teresa’s reply and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much to all of you for your words of support. The thing is, I would say the same words to anyone else in my position. It’s just so hard to support ourselves as well as we support anyone else. I really appreciate all your words of support and kindness.

I am going to the event :) I decided to go with the shoes that are comfortable for the entire evening. They are perfectly cute flats. Just a little plain for the fancy gold dress I’m wearing. But I’d probably Injure myself trying to wear heels lol. Everyone who I’m going with sees me every day so they know how I look in everything anyway. Everyone else is a stranger so do I really care if they notice my shoes or think I’m dumpy?

Something struck me this week. I have a coworker/friend who to me is just gorgeous - tall and slim. I complimented her dress and she joked that she’s wearing dresses this week because nothing else fits.

It made me realize that all of us struggle with those feelings, regardless of size. And that no one else can tell when we’re feeling bad about ourselves. Honestly, I have friends who are much larger than me and I think they always look amazing. I look at everyone and they are all comfortable in their skin because they look beautiful and confident. But maybe that’s what people think when they see me. We can only inhabit the body we have at any given moment and we need to face the world with self-love and grace.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team, @lislisa123 and @sunflowerhippi ! Glad you joined us!

@lisalisa123 That's great you walk 3 miles every other day and congrats on your success so far! I'm a food addict as well and we aren't alone in this group.

@sunflowerhippi This is a great place to stay active, we have a lot of chatter! If it's too much, feel free to just weigh in and say "hi" when you can. We have members that do that, as well. Yay for your loss!

@DrewsAnna Welcome back yay!!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's great your friend had success. I'm probably going to get the gastric bypass, as the sleeve isn't good for someone with GERD like me. Thank you! I'm glad you are doing some stamping to de-stress. Come on, Lady Brayden, come join us!!! :D

@laurelfit57 It's absolutely wonderful, I love walking there. I hope you like the burgers. Aww, poor Ty working so hard and wanting to sleep! I get you, buddy! lol Wow, I'm exhausted just reading about your day. 19,470 steps, you put in the work! Awww, poor Ty!

@Katmary71 Yes, those burgers would be awesome in lettuce wraps! We used pretzel buns. I'm glad I went and walked at the lake, too. I will try to do it next weekend as well. How are your arms today after the workout challenge?

@19shmoo69 I like that, start small and make it a habit. Thanks for sharing that. I'm drinking black coffee right now...I prefer it with sugar-free creamer but about 6-8 months ago, I started drinking black coffee for the first cup of the day to save calories. Later in the morning when I get to work, I "have it my way" like Burger King lol. Hopefully you aren't too young to get that joke.

@megnolia82 I'm glad you decided to go. I went to a gala a few months ago, you may remember. Because of my feet problems, I had to either wear 1) tennis shoes or 2) find something that would work for my feet. I was almost in tears because this was a fancy dress event and I didn't want to wear my pancake flippers (my Hokas) to it. I found some booties on Orthofeet to wear, they weren't ideal, they weren't pretty or fitting for the occasion, but they were better than the pancake flippers. I know how you feel is what I'm trying to say. But your shoes will be perfect. You will forget all about them when you are at the event because you are having such a fun time. You are spot on, we need to appreciate our body where we are now. You never know when our bodies will give out on us, we can appreciate what we have now. Thanks for that. I needed to hear it today.

Hi all. I'm fighting depression pretty badly right now with a healthy dose of anxiety. It started yesterday morning. I was at work and just felt like I was crawling out of my skin. I couldn't stand to be there. I love my job, so this is unusual. I couldn't stand to stay there. I was already supposed to leave early to pick up one of my paintings from a gallery but I left even earlier because I just couldn't sit there. I told my manager I had stomach issues and felt low energy and left. I came home and lay on the couch in the dark. After I picked up my husband from work, I took my anxiety medication. I went to bed at 6:30. Today, I can't tell yet how I feel but I think I still feel low. I've got stuff to do so I need to snap out of it.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack outside of what I planned.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Bethanie and I'll be restarting for the millionth time. My health went sideways in March; and next Thursday I'll be having some outpatient abdominal surgery. I finally feel good enough to start getting some steps in at work. Working out stopped bc it became uncomfortable but eating-my-feelings-started. :unamused:

So I'd like to be a supporter in June. My recovery should only be about 3 weeks so I ought to be ready to go come July. I've missed being here but I was embarrassed by not losing weight and then chaos occurred. When that happens, I freeze and get stuck. So working on getting unstuck and back to good habits.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @trooworld I do remember that BK slogan. The last time I checked I'm 54. Its been a while since I checked so I could be younger.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah I want to be active but it's hard to keep track as I have work weeks where it's meeting after meeting/ calls then other weeks I'm doing documents / ifsp's and paperwork for days so my time to log on and chat is so all over. I'm hoping having a weekly weigh in will at least keep me on my diet portion of this app. I went from working in a classroom to working as a coordinator for early intervention so my activity level changed drastically plus from last 2 times I dropped 70lbs in 2012 and 2015 I can't do the gym anymore since solo parent life blows - long story there. So diet is key for me now.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @sunflowerhippi it's totally ok to not keep up with all the chatting. Just chat when you can. As far as the weighing just do it by Saturday. @Katmary71 could give better info on that.

I didn't say it before so I'll say it now. Welcome to Team Mission Slimpossible.
This discussion has been closed.