Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
edited June 30 in Social Groups
udddrllzjc27.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs for four weeks, from June 2 - 29.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get June on the road!

Replies

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Jessica, 37yr mom of 3 boys, and I live in Knoxville Tennessee. I've been on my health journey since May 2023. Highest weight was 284 and lowest last December was 236. I'm now back up into the 250s and working on getting back in control of myself.

Goals for June
    - Walk three times a week for 45mins to an hour
    - Lift weights 3x a week and work on core strength
    - Focus on 2 fruits and 3 veggies a day and limit snacking
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Teresa, and I have been a member of this awesome group for a long time! I did take over a year off due to my husband’s cancer/dementia issues, which wrecked my world and my 80 lb. weight loss. After adjusting to my new existence at home and accepting my weight gain, I returned this year with the hope of getting my act together. I’m still hoping to lose weight, but hey, I’m not gaining any more, so that is great! I’m 58 years old, and along with living with my husband, I live with my mom, sister, and little fur baby, Maggie Mae. I work for my church as their administrative assistant and am fortunate to have a flexible schedule to do mostly from home. My current weight loss approach is intermittent fasting and low-carb eating. I enjoy exercise and love my rebounder and lifting weights. Let’s have an awesome June!! B)

@tammymccrady6278 It is so easy to slip into old habits. I do it all the time, and it’s always so frustrating. I used to hate working the 3-11 shift, too. You are always watching the clock during the day, waiting to go to work. Can you get a different shift that will work better for you? :)

@megnolia82 Yayyy I am so happy that you had a great time at the gala! How wonderful that you have so many co-workers who are true friends. :)

Happy New Month!! I love a new month because it’s a fresh start. I’ve only lost 6.4 lbs this year, so I'm not where I want to be, but I guess that happens when you don’t really do the needed work to get there. Sooo annoying! :D Anyway, it is what it is, and I only have the here and now. The only stumbling block this month is tomorrow, when we have the big church potluck. But it is after service so I plan to fast until then and will eat nothing afterward. I’m also going to get a really good workout this morning and will work this afternoon with my sister to set up the fellowship room for the event tomorrow. You all have a wonderful day! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    xnt9p9rwb6ja.png
    I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2024! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team Mission Slimpossible!!!!!!

How is everybody?

Today I'm using the name
    Rupert Vandercloosinhopper.

@Katmary71 said I'm the entertaining motivator. I found that odd. Last month she introduced me as her friend now I'm just entertaining. Sigh. Maybe next month I'll be her friend again. 😜

A little about myself. I may be the "motivator" but I have very little confidence.

Thursdays I usually have what is titled the Ice Breaker Question. There's no obligation to answer it but it would be kinda Kool to hear your answer.

I pray for all of you from time to time.

Have a blessed day!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Good morning, happy June and happy Pride!

My name is Meg, I’m 42. I’m a full time teacher, and I live on a farm with my 2 kids, husband, dogs, cows and an assortment of aquatic creatures.

This month I aim to keep up all the good habits I’ve developed over the last month. Although my weight loss was small, it was a persistent downward trend and I think my eating and exercise choices were sustainable.

My highest weight was 228. Trying to manage stress in my life is a big factor in trying to manage my weight. I don’t have any stressors that are bigger or worse than anyone else, just regular life events. But I have never really developed a healthy way to deal with stress so it’s caused me some health trouble and of course weight gain.

Of course I have an ideal body in mind but honestly, I’ve begun to realize this is not a weight journey but a journey towards balance in my life. I’m enjoying the ride and glad to share it with you all!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello, I weighed in on the other thread for Friday. This week I'm home for work and pretty simple. Daughter shared her chest cold so trying to keep eating well while feeling horrid.

Next week I do have a trip planned and will be away for my Weigh in day. We are leaving early Wednesday and will be back late Friday so will probably weigh in Saturday instead of Friday that week. Expecting 2 days of 20-30k steps at the kings dominion and busch Gardens VA so should be fun at least.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 209
    CW: 209
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Can you tell me how many days a week we have to check in with the group? I'm not on every day and I just want to make sure I don't get kicked out for not coming on enough according to the rules of your group. Are you expecting everyone to come on two days a week, three days a week, or more?
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you, cute cat by the way. I love cats. 😸
This discussion has been closed.