DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Wednesday
    PW 164.4
    CW 162.2

I'll check back in later.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    OUCH this hits home. So in 2012 I lost 65lb, had my little girl in 2025 lost 80lbs after her and got to a sub 20% body fat 135lbs. Started a bulk in late 2018, her dad got sick 2019, covid 2020, he died 2021 and now I'm back to my start weight from both those times.

Mentally it sucks. I feel horrid. My energy is gone I had gained. I was obese my whole life. My spartan injuries hurt worse bc now I have weight on them. Screw dating bc between my neurodiversities, my daughters, and well being fat nope nope nope. Self esteem is 0. My fitness is back to nothing.

My BP and sugar are fine but my cholesterol is borderline it stays level to my weight. So 210lb me has 203 cholesterol.
    trooworld wrote: »
    ank2l93yl30o.png

DISCUSSION QUESTION: How does your weight affect your health?

My answer: I picked this one because it hits home today. My weight is now affecting all areas of my health: my friendships (I can't go hiking with one of my best friends), my sex life (I feel so unattractive), and my general health. My arthritis in my knee is worse because of my weight and I feel like I am losing my mobility. My foot problems partially stem from my weight. It's time to do something.

• sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    And sigh I did so good loosing the first week but not sure it's gonna count for the team since it seemed to be between challenges when I joined / weighed in last week.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @Megnolia82 @AyaTheTyga @rj230
    Reminder for Tomorrow's Weigh In: @askewcr @tfelts147
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Great job on tracking and exercise!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you, I'm hoping he works through what he's going through, I care about him enough that instead of writing him off I'm open to talking and told others that so he'd know I'm safe to approach and won't start yelling but he has to take the next move. I definitely feel your response to how your weight effects your health I absolutely hate pics of me too! It IS real sad as those who love us don't judge us so harshly. Dang you're hitting all the check marks today go you!

@reshii_devi Happy to see you! Way to go on No Zero Days and logging that's great news! Losing almost 90lbs and reversing pre-diabetes is awesome, I wish I'd taken the “pre” as seriously as you.

@DrewsAnna Great job on day 4 of the walk plan! What kind of watch did you get? Extra crunches is a good way to go, honestly yanking up and down for full sit-ups is discouraged with back issues. I did the crunches and for the sit-ups did side crunches and I'm feeling it.

@TeresaW2024 Yummy dinner I wish I lived near you! I definitely get that feeling of loathing for gaining weight back, I felt like that too after hitting goal and swearing I'd never gain it back then was put on steroids and was up 50lbs. Frustrating as we're so much more than our bodies. I think you WILL get that feeling back!

@trooworld That's great news on both the dietitian and us supporting you I'm glad to hear that. WOW congratulations on surgery this year that's awesome! Haha I'm sure your husband is just trying to be helpful but yeah he deserves a wedgie for that! It's all those little changes that add up and make the difference then having less hunger signals after surgery will be great.

@littlebabekitty I'm glad you got answers and hope they help balance your thyroid, that definitely makes sense why you were worn out. You'll get back down I believe it you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You're holding together a lot right now I don't know how you do it! You're an amazing Mom and Grandma. Your dish looks awesome it's on my list of ones I want to make. I'm proud of you for taking the steps even if you're out-of-breath doing it, shows you aren't done fighting for better health!

@sunflowerhippi I'm sorry to hear how low you're feeling, I understand that feeling but just so you know my first impression of you during Mac's Zooms were that you were so pretty, friendly, funny, and strong. If I was feeling shy about going to the Zooms thinking of being with you all helped and I was in a bad relationship during Covid and going through hell medically so it means a lot to me that I was able to talk to all of you. I hope we can all support each other to being happier about our health and outlooks soon.

@19shmoo69 I'm good glad to hear you are too! Good advice when it's in the 90s today to hydrate! Sending a prayer up for you too!

HI team! Long day, I went to the farm this morning and work and did a treatment and an ionic foot bath then came home for 45 minutes and headed to Sacramento for a pain clinic appointment. Thankfully next month is nearby so I won't have to go so far. Not much else going on. Have a great night and awesome Thursday!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    Daily Check-In
    🟢 kitchen pushups/squats
    🟢 morning walk
    🟢 45 minute exercise - went bicycling!
    🟢 measure & log all food
    🟢 nutritarian food plan (ate plants)
    🟢 Met calorie goal (not too much)

I went for a 60-minute bicycle ride. Well, sort of. I had the bike with me the whole time, but I walked up a couple of hills on the way back. I expect to sleep well tonight. It was 95F and sunny, and I was drenched when I got home.
    I also, apropos the discussion about places that weight stops me, made an appt for an annual physical, as it has been a while.

@gemwolf110 - Enjoy! And give yourself credit for any "better bad choices" that you make. Sometimes knowing I did a little bit of damage control makes me so much happier after a thing like that.

@Katmary71 - I had not heard of an ionic foot bath, and I now kinda want one. Go, you, for taking good care of yourself!

@sunflowerhippi - I don't know about the deadlines for the end of last month and the start of this, but congratulations on your great results! Go, you!

@DrewsAnna - I am off to do my abs now! I was aiming f9or midday, but today was crazy.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    @katmary so glad that somebody thinks I will always be cool lol! I don't think I could stand being around anybody all the time like that! That's a lot of stress! I planted 5 San Marzano and 1 Sweet Million (small tomatoes). Some for just eating and the San Marzano will be got salsa in the fall:)

@AustinRuadhain to me, 90° is unbearably hot L O L. Sounds like your food choices were bang on today, I didn't get my abs done today either:(.

@DrewsAnna awww thanks, my fur babies sure keep me entertained.
    I can't do situps either, they are not good for my back. Sounds like your temperature for the next week is going to be my perfect temperature!

@Cornanda I don't have a husband or kids to keep me entertained so my pups are my entertainment lol

@TeresaW2024 your dinner sounds delicious! I'll bet you are going to have fun with your great niece!

@trooworld that is exciting to even just be able to think about a date for your surgery. I'm hoping the time flies for you! Boo on having to miss one of the festive meals, but I'm sure it will be well worth it! Sometimes our loved ones can be so annoying with their "helpful advice"

I got the rest of the tomato plants planted my clematis planted. The clematis were so twisted and grown together it took me over three hours to get them untangled😜. Everything now is planted all I have to do is water and fertilize. I was planning on getting a lot done today, by the time I finished getting the planting done it was time to head out for agility. Vannie and I did two classes today, we are both pooped! I was able to stay on track with food and I got all my steps in. I was planning on going to the gym tomorrow, but now I have to finish what I was planning on getting done today. I got a phone call from my cousin last night and she wants to Overnight here on the weekend, I need to get my house cleaned for company lol
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm getting a Garmin Venu SQ, It should arrive on Friday, I'm so excited.... 😃🙂

@AustinRuadhain I just did my day 2, I can't do sit ups so I substitute with extra crunches.

Hi everyone,

I had another good sort of. Somehow, I was all full of energy and the next thing I know, I'm tired as tired can. I laid down for about 20-30 minutes and then I felt better. I finished day #5 of my walk at home plan, and I finished day #2 of the challenge. I substituted sit ups for extra crunches, different types. My food was on point. I was so scared to weigh in this morning, and I was just hoping for a loss. I absolutely did not expect to see a 2 lb loss. That was motivating and encouraging.

Y'all have a great rest of your evening, TTYL.....
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,301 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims
    It's foggy this morning. I had to leave my bicycle at work yesterday. I cycled to work in the morning, but there were major thunderstorms in the afternoon, so I called Rich to come bring me home. They're calling for more thunderstorms today. I'll drive to work, and bring the bike home on the back of car tonight.
    I've done my strength training workout, and I'm heading off shortly for my morning walk. I hope the rain holds off, and I can walk at lunch.
    Make today a great day everyone!
    -Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question.

WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE PLACE ( TO VISIT, TO VACATION OR IT MAY BE ON YOUR BUCKET LIST)

You don't have to give three answers but I'm going to.
    I like visiting where I grew up.
    Panama City Beach, Florida is the only vacation spot I want or need.
    One of these I would like to visit Japan.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @littlebabekitty Congrats on the loss and that's good you found out what is going on.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yay for the loss! Thank you! I'm glad it was a hit and that everyone liked it! Sounds like you made it work and it looks great.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss!

@sunflowerhippi I'm so sorry about your little girl's father and the gain. Hugs.

@19shmoo69 Thank you, Darren, for the reminder to stay hydrated and for praying for us.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Yes indeed, he is doing the support thing in his own way (I guess lol). Have a great day!

@gemwolf110 Have fun with your family and again, Happy Birthday!

@AustinRuadhain Wow, look at all that green! Way to go! That's good you made your physical appt. Congrats on a great day!

@laurelfit57 Yes! Me too lol. Yeah, I don't really mind missing out on one of the holiday meals, I always feel awful afterward anyway. Yes on the helpful advice! LOL I had to look up clematis as I didn't know what they were. Wow, they are beautiful! I am exhausted just reading what you did lol.

WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE PLACE ( TO VISIT, TO VACATION OR IT MAY BE ON YOUR BUCKET LIST):
    Well, I haven't traveled much so I'm going to say where I hope to visit in 2025: Mexico City, Mexico. It has a lot of cultural things to do, which is my jam, and is one of the largest (if not the largest) city in the world. I am in the process of learning Spanish so I can have conversations although plenty of people speak English down there.

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday, stuck to my eating plan and didn't get any food from the cafe at work. I DID get a coffee but I will allow that.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question.
    WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE PLACE (TO VISIT, TO VACATION OR IT MAY BE ON YOUR BUCKET LIST)

I like to visit places I grew up too. It's neat to see how much things have changed. Funny how things seem bigger. I guess it's because I was a little person back then...hehehe.
    One of my favorite vacations was Gulf Shores, Alabama. I loved the mile long fishing pier into the gulf. I heard that a hurricane took it out since we've been there last. I hope not or that they rebuild. I also really enjoyed our vacation to Maui, Hawaii. We took a day trip to Oahu, Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor but didn't spend enough time there. I'd like to go back one day.
    The Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls(Canada side) is on my Bucket List.

My husband is back to work at the steel mill which gives me a chance to get back to my routines. It's so much easier for me to eat well and get my exercise and house work done when he's not home. Day 3 of abs challenge is done. Tomorrow is a rest day.

💪Mission Slimpossibles - June Strong!💪
This discussion has been closed.