Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

VIP LOUNGE! Welcome to the 2024 Fall 5% Challenge!

2»

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    @Catwmncat ,@Dianedoessmiles1 oh bugger I signed up on team missionslimpossible. Possibly the next round. My mom will tell you I went to the shelter and picked the ugliest cat there. She was just sick and needed some love. Absolutely adore her and my husband who only liked dogs adores her too. Granted when the vet said oh she's really sick and you know she's part bengal. I said too late she's mine let's get her healthy.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited September 17
    Hi all! This is my first 5% Challenge. I was wondering if there will be check ins or anything? And when do we find out if we were accepted into a team? Curious how this all works sort of. I clicked through the links but maybe I missed it?
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,817 Member
    Happy Tuesday
  • Kurtize
    Been lazy today, just stopping by to say
    q71cowqmdyen.gif
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,756 Member
    edited September 18
    @Catwmncat ,@Dianedoessmiles1 oh bugger I signed up on team missionslimpossible. Possibly the next round. My mom will tell you I went to the shelter and picked the ugliest cat there. She was just sick and needed some love. Absolutely adore her and my husband who only liked dogs adores her too. Granted when the vet said oh she's really sick and you know she's part bengal. I said too late she's mine let's get her healthy.

OMG! That is such a heartwarming story!! You are a good cat slave!! You can always retract your selection, choose PS4L and post that you made an error when selecting teams! We would LOVE to have you with!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,271 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Hi all! This is my first 5% Challenge. I was wondering if there will be check ins or anything? And when do we find out if we were accepted into a team? Curious how this all works sort of. I clicked through the links but

HI So happy to have you with us. At first we bring on the marjority of members, soon after we will have pre assignments for us to are optional for members to do. These are encouraged because they'll set us up for success. Such as goal setting in a reasonable way. Keep an eye on the team descriptions. It'll have the starting date. Approximately 10 days before the starting date you'll be on your team getting to know your teammates. Most teams have a practice week. Also each team also has a chat Feed like this one. You'll be able to chat with others as you can here also. The 5% Challenge is very supportive.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,756 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Hi all! This is my first 5% Challenge. I was wondering if there will be check ins or anything? And when do we find out if we were accepted into a team? Curious how this all works sort of. I clicked through the links but maybe I missed it?

Welcome to the 5% Challenges. One of the OAL'S (Over All Leader) will be responding shortly! In the interim... Yes, there are check-ins once Practice week begins the beginning of October. If you have requested a team you can always request to join that team during the break to get familiar with how the 5% challenges work.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,074 Member
    Insight Timer Quote:
    The source of anxiety lies in the future. If you can keep the future out of mind, you can forget your worries.—Milan Kundera
    I AM:
    My happiness starts with me first.
    Action for Happiness:
    Ask a trusted friend to tell you what strengths they see in you.
    Pliability QOTD:
    It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up.—Vince Lombardi
    Fun Fact:
    Happy 77th birthday to the US Air Force!!!!
    qyc3dftpgqw9.jpg

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,784 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 365 Member
    edited September 18
    We’ve had a great day today.
    Walked 5 miles on the local hilly estate pushing Anne in her wheelchair because she couldn’t walk the distance.
    I’m tired but so happy we could share the sunshine and the scenery. Earlier this year I wouldn’t have managed to the local shop on the flat v5ly93tjv5ku.png
    ruy8c8mq2n2d.jpeg
    qxsujflq39r2.jpeg
    9orfqk2cm5ry.jpeg
    9cqkv4rf8ckg.jpeg
    l50vg7tgfw1f.jpeg
  • Kurtize
    ig9yhar2pgme.jpg
  • davisps552
    davisps552 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone, @nansbones7708 That was some walk you did especially pushing the wheelchair. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful day with us. Shirley
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,074 Member
    Insight Timer Quote:
    Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.—William James
    I AM:
    I’m worthy of all the peace, calm and joy in my life.
    Action for Happiness:
    Notice what you are feeling, without any judgment.
    Pliability QOTD:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.—John Wooden
    Fun Fact:
    It’s Talk Like a Pirate Day!!!!
    i6qqpcd5bn3s.jpg

• vtoria3
    vtoria3 Posts: 3,711 Member
    edited September 19
    Hello! Fall is definitely in the air here in WNY....and so is our Fall 5% Challenge! The 5% Challenge is a great way to begin the new season. I hope to see many new sign-ups this round! Let's make this a super successful one!

Thank you! to all on the leadership team for all that you do to run these! I appreciate all of your hard work that runs behind the scenes and that seems so seamless! <3
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,784 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 686 Member
    Good Morning :smiley:
  • Kurtize
    Happy Thursday, another hot day and for some reason, been on a eating spree. Yikes

Sending hugs and good vibes, @Dianedoessmiles1
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,271 Member
    edited September 19
    @Vtoria3 WOOHOO that's the goal to have many newbies along with those of us who have so much to share with them. TY TY TY AND HI!! Happy to you and everyone else with us!!

AWWWW @Kurtize, today I am FINALLY starting to feel human again!! I even went grocery shopping.
    @rbn_held , HI!! So nice to see you also!! Did you find the team you'd like to be with for the fall?
    @Patti241 Is it fall there yet? WOOHOO as of today (GRAND DAY!! Hehehehe) looks like we will no longer hit the mid 70s or higher!! Today maintance let us know they'll come around to any units with an AC to take them out. We will soon be turning on only our heat!! Living in Maine, not many of us have central AC.
    Todays walk while getting grocery shopping done. Leaves are just starting to turn. They'll not reach a peak until around the 3rd week of Oct. Aso fresh fall flowers, are GORGEOUS!
    qd7jtkz6jjpf.png
    ig5zq8vh7o1e.png