What's Cookin?

Options
Continued from:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345939-foodies-unite

4a1f54c7.jpg

Although I posted it in the other thread, thought I would start this one off with dinner tonight

Grilled Chicken with Queso Verde Sauce and Cilantro Lime Rice
Weight Watchers

Replies

• ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Uhhhmmm, YUM!!!! I love the idea of the group---I guess I better find the time to get my butt in the kitchen more frequently :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I should have come to your house.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So are we going to start posting here instead of the other thread? I would have copied my post from there but the pic is ugly and it is seriously pissing me off because I resized, cropped, and saved and for some reason it is still posting the original version (even after I edited the post to fix it). Grr.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I was going to start posting here with a link to this group on the other one. I figured I would post occasionally there to keep t active and let other foodies know we exist!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    9062c553.jpg

Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes I made for my daughters 2nd Birthday!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Purdy!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Those are lovely! As soon as I can get back into the kitchen I will get something posted. I think today and tomorrow we are living off of yogurt, hot dogs, and sandwiches. I have a couple of things planned for next week, but nothing super exciting.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    1f8e5d95.jpg

Thanks to pixlamarque's suggestion I made the Honey-Pecan Chicken Thighs..... OMG delish!

I also made Ina Gartens Roasted Winter Vegetables

Great meal!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Decadent Sunday dinner!

Filet with garlic butter (grill pan seared, then oven roasted), roasted rosemary-garlic potatoes, roasted orange-rosemary carrots.

Yum!

filetdinner.jpg
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    I'm so glad you liked them. I'm hoping to get my blog back up and running in the next week or two and I will be posting that recipe (the trimmed down amounts). Now that we have a floor again I'm not going to mind being in the kitchen, so I will get some things posted very soon.
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Looking forward to trying those pecan chicken bits too! Thanks for posting 'em pixlamarque! And for the redux, fallenangelloves. :)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    b66ed4be277c__1321236521000.jpg

I felt like a kid today so I made this dish...I didn't have spaghetti so I used what I had penne...so delicious! Fresh parm makes a difference too!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    I felt like a kid today so I made this dish...I didn't have spaghetti so I used what I had penne...so delicious! Fresh parm makes a difference too!

I totally <3 pasta... yum!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Whole frying chickens were on sale last trip to the grocery so I bought 3. At <$3 each, why not?! I usually just roast them whole or cut them up to bake but I decided last night to do it pot roast style. The chicken was too small for my regular roasting pan and too big for my little cassarole dish. As I pondered how to do it, I spotted my dutch over on the counter, freshly cleaned from the lentils the other night, and thought, "this could work".

Pot roasted chicken was amazing! It didn't look that pretty so I didn't take pictures but it was so moist and tender. I didn't baste it, just left the lid on, a little cracked and it cooked in about 2 hours on med-low heat. That's a lot faster than my usual oven roast method.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    You know you can always take the los off for like 20 min and it will brown! In case you wanted it to...

But sounds delish!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    62156c8d.jpg

Nikki's Baked Tuscany Bean Soup was as deliscious as she described and photo'd

Thanks Nikki!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Sooooup! Yummo! Love kale too!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    Ok, first try uploading photos. I will edit with the recipie if it works.

This was last night's awesome Better Butter Chicken over Green Rice

018-1.jpg
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    Yay! I'm so proud of myself for figuring ou the picture thing!

Recipe for Better Butter Chicken (pictured above) adapted from Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry Cookbook.

The recipie says to use the meat from a whole rotisserie chicken but that was not in our budget this month. I used 5 chicken thights and just cooked them in a large frying pan with ~1/2 of a 12oz jar of chicken broth. Cook through, remove from pan, and set aside to cool off. Leave the broth in the pan.

Add to the same pan 2tbsp butter 1 chopped onion and ~3-5 chooped garlic cloves until onion is soft. Add ~2-3tsp graded ginger. Add ~1-2tsp of the following spices: Chili powder, coriander, tumeric, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and black pepper. I used more like a tbsp of the coriander, tumeric, and cumin. I also added cardoman and garam masala. Cook while stirring ~1min. Do not let the spices burn. Add 1can drained diced tomatoes, the rest of the chicken broth and 1tbsp brown sugar. Simmer ~10min so that it thickens a bit. While that's cooking, remove the skin and bones from the chicken. Do not shred the chicken too much or the final product will not look so great. Remove sauce from heat. Transfer to blender and puree. Pour it back in the pan and add the chicken. Cook until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat and add ~1/2 cup of sour cream and ~4tbsp chopped parsley. They specifically recomend using full flavor sour cream rather than light or fat free. It will make it creamier and have a richer flavor.

Makes 5 servings at 225cals/serving

I served over Green Rice, which is just regular rice with a little butter to which I add spinach and basil that I chop up in the food processor.

This chicken was super awesome delicious!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Recipe for Better Butter Chicken (pictured above) adapted from Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry Cookbook.

This chicken was super awesome delicious!

Looks great - sounds wonderful! I'm biased. I'm a little partial to any recipe that has butter in it. Or bacon. LOL