What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Am I the only one that didn't think Water for Elephants was a great as everyone thought. My mother in-law agreed with me too. But she did read The Help, which is my own book that I haven't read...she said that was good.
  • navynurse1611
    navynurse1611 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am also a fan of the Hunger games.!!

I am currently reading Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo. My friend recommended it. I Just finished The Tehran initiative by Joel Rosenburg and Explosive 18 by Janet Evanovich. I have very ecclectic reading tastes:)

I am also on goodreads. I am Navynurse there
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm reading two books at the moment: "Tell it to the Trees" by Anita Rau Badami and I just began "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. Both books are very accessible and hard to put down.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am still trudging my way through Jane Eyre but now I'm also reading "Turpentine" by Spring Warren.

:)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am still trudging my way through Jane Eyre but now I'm also reading "Turpentine" by Spring Warren.

:)

Jane Eyre is on my list.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I decided to start "Anna Karenina" because I have it on my Nook. I'm about 60 pages in. Looked at the bottom and realized it's over 1000 pages long. I'm not thinking I'll be finishing this one.
  • rationalist
    Options
    Aw, I adored Jane Eyre! Charlotte Brontë became an instant favourite of mine with that book.

Right now I'm reading book 2 of A Song of Ice and Fire (A Clash of Kings) by George R. R. Martin. Fantasy isn't my usual genre, but I loved the HBO series, so I read the first book this past summer. I had a ton of other things on my reading list before I could get around to the second one though, unfortunately. I'm only a handful of chapters into it (just started it this morning), but it's really fantastic / engrossing so far.
  • SeattleLove
    Options
    I just got "Indian Killer" by Sherman Alexie today and I will probably star reading it after school. I'm really excited for it :)
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes, Jane Eyre quickly became one of my all-time favorite books when I read it this year!
    Yes, love Hunger Games and truly hope that the movie does the first book justice. But, if not, it is okay, because the book is just wonderful.

I am currently reading Harry Potter:Half Blood Prince.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I decided to start "Anna Karenina" because I have it on my Nook. I'm about 60 pages in. Looked at the bottom and realized it's over 1000 pages long. I'm not thinking I'll be finishing this one.

I also abandoned Anna Karenina. I tried, but I just don't like it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

I also abandoned Anna Karenina. I tried, but I just don't like it.

Yeah, I was hoping that SOMETHING would happen, but it never did. I gave up.

I decided to switch to Steven Saylor's "Empire." I read the first one in that series and it was good, and this second one seems pretty good too.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Legend by Marie Lu.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Storm of Swords. I think I am growing to hate George RR Martin. I think it is awfully pompous to think that each one of your books has to be 1000+ pages in order to spew your long winded back stories that, so far, seem totally meaningless. That said, this is my favorite book in the series...but I might quit reading them anyway.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Steve Jobs Autobiography
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just sorta finished Freedom by Jonathan Franzen and I must admit for the first time ever I skipped the middle chapters to read the last one. It just went on and on and on but I wanted to know what happened with characters so decided to "cheat" :blushing:
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I read so much more now that I have a Kindle & I bring it to the gym!
    I read the Hunger Games series in a few days, loved it & cannot wait for the movie!
    Just finished Ape House, by Sara Gruen (author of Water for Elephants)..loved it!! Highly recommend it. And just started This is Where We Live by Janelle Brown. Next on the list is Nancy Thayer's Heat Wave.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Rob Lowes Autobiography. He's not the best writer, but it is entertaining.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I am reading:

Game of Thrones series - I think I am on book 3 or 4 - Andriod app e-reader
    One of the Kathy Reichs books, Monday Mourning - the series Bones is based on the character from the books - real book
    Collapse by Jared Diamond - Course reading list

Loving all of them. Collapse is thinking reading so it goes slowly but it is super interesting!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Just finished Savannah Breeze by Mary Kay Andrews, kind of a chick lit book #2 in a series. I like her other books too, something nice and light. Finally got The Paris Wife from the library ebooks, was on that waiting list for a long time. And I got DH Steve Job's book for Christmas so I will be starting on that one as soon as he is done with it. :blushing:
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    About to finish Memoirs of a Geisha. I read it several years ago, but I love it, so re-reading it. :smile:

Next up: re-reading "Changes" by Jim Butcher, part of the Dresden Files series.:happy: