Post Workouts Here (Starting Mon, Dec 19)

Options

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to No More Trouble Zones tomorrow--looks like mainly strength, no circuits or cardio, so 50 mins should be doable. More muscle means more calories burned each day!

How's everyone/s challenge so far???

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Yes, I have just you-tubed a clip of NMTZ, and I've not done it before, but I am really looking forward to starting it. It does seem to be more resistsance and less cardio - exactly what I need.

What a fabulous challenge, I am sooo on this!!! Good luck everyone!!!

xx
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well, well, day two of the challenge done. Switched from level 3 shred to level 2. ANNNND now I know why I liked level 3 better before hahaha. Feeling good about this challenge. Since yesterday I decided to up the shorter shred days by doing a little run afterwards. Hopefully they will be longer than 12 minutes, but that's where I'm starting at :P Nervous about the extra long work out tomorrow. EEK. Great job everyone! Starting strong and by golly we will finish strong!!!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I finished Ripped today! I will be doing 1 more day of it with my BFF ( I also told myself I would do 8 days)

I will join you guys on D4. So happy I got BFBM today and I will be replacing NMTZ with 6wk 6pk but I won't have it until after Christmas. It will be a little mixed up for me for a little while but a workout everyday is all that matters, right?
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 1 done! I can really feel it! I'm going shopping with my mom for most of the day tomorrow, but plan on finding the time to do the NMTZ's. Good luck to everyone!
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    To All: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Many of us who've done JM Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred find we lose a lot of inches vs weight -- this is okay -- it's fat disappearing and being replaced with muscle!!! Muscle is leaner and more compact than fat, so two women who both weigh 140 at 5'4" can look drastically different if one has 23% body fat and the other 31% body fat, for example. Don't focus so much on the scale. Take your measurements now and again at the end of the challenge. If you stick with it, you'll be pleased!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I so agreed with this. Haven't been moving so much scale on my weight but I noticed there is a huge difference on my muscles, it indeed worked in me or in many of us who did the two past challenges. And even make me a lot stronger than before.
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Day 3 NMTZ complete today. It's a quite long workout. I might be replacing 30 DS with 6 weeks 6packs since I also have this workout and haven't done it yet. I love 30 Ds but I want to try my other workout dvds, good thing it is from JM's workout too.But I will be sticking with the schedule of NMTZ and BFBM.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Morning from Ireland everyone. I got up at 7am today and I have done NMTZ for the first time, it did take ages though as I paused the DVD quite a few times to see the moves and figure out how to do them. I may try and do a shred level again in the evening, I will see how it goes. xx
  • Velks39
    Velks39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, got Day 1 & 2 of level 1, 30 DS.......done! So thankful to be kicking the flu bug!

I am so amazed at how differently do the 30 Day Shred feels this time around than when I very first did it in Sept. Wow! I feel so much stronger and fit, it's definitely a great feeling!

Starting to plan my days of exercise for the holiday week, while traveling and family events. Staying focused on the prize in the end!

Safe travels and Happy Holidays to all my fitness pals!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OMG NMTZ about killed me this morning. Guess I need to work on my strength! I have no doubt I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

350 cals per HRM. Not bad for not leaving my living room!

I'm going to have to juggle a bit on workout order due to holiday travels and schedule, but the important part is I'll be here! Hope you all will be too!

Have a great Weds! We're all going to be :smokin: after this challenge, I have no doubt!
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just joined the challenge. I made it through over half of the RI30 challenge, when a pinched nerve in my back side tracked me for a couple weeks. I started back to it last week on my own and completed L1D5 this morning, but I am going to switch to this challenge instead.
    I am going to sub RI30 for 30DS since I loaned out my copy. I will be picking up the other 2 DVDs this evening and be already to join in!!

Super excited!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Got D1 and D2 done, tomorrow I'll do double workouts again to and be caught up. I did 30DS L1, and NMTZ. I decided to try and use 5 lb weights instead of 3 lbs, it was fine for 30DS but hell for NMTZ. I had to switch back, oh well something to work up to. Also I just got her new dvd Extreme Shed and Shred and will probably be subbing it in for 30DS once in a while.
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    OMG NMTZ about killed me this morning. Guess I need to work on my strength! I have no doubt I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

350 cals per HRM. Not bad for not leaving my living room!

I'm going to have to juggle a bit on workout order due to holiday travels and schedule, but the important part is I'll be here! Hope you all will be too!

Have a great Weds! We're all going to be :smokin: after this challenge, I have no doubt!
    No matter which workout I'm doing, I won't be :smokin: . I quit 6 weeks ago :bigsmile:
    Day 3 done. Thought I couldn't pull through but made it to the end. 301 cals burnt.
  • spaceEF
    Options
    I haven't done my work out yet today, I'm still at work... trying to get pumped for it though by hanging out on MFP. hahahaha. Good to know one of you needed lower weights than 5 pounds for the next video. All I have right now are 3 pound weights :P
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    Hi all! Just joined the challenge. I made it through over half of the RI30 challenge, when a pinched nerve in my back side tracked me for a couple weeks. I started back to it last week on my own and completed L1D5 this morning, but I am going to switch to this challenge instead.
    I am going to sub RI30 for 30DS since I loaned out my copy. I will be picking up the other 2 DVDs this evening and be already to join in!!

Super excited!

Glad you are recovered and back in action. We're happy you're here!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options

No matter which workout I'm doing, I won't be :smokin: . I quit 6 weeks ago :bigsmile:
    Day 3 done. Thought I couldn't pull through but made it to the end. 301 cals burnt.
    [/quote]j

Good for you for quitting! I quit a year and a half ago and don't even think about them now, and I smoked moderately for years. You can do it!
  • BabyWishes2012
    Options
    I just received my DVD today, so I will start tomorrow. but how do we know how many calories were burned?

I guess my next thing to buy is a HRM. :)
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    I just received my DVD today, so I will start tomorrow. but how do we know how many calories were burned?

I guess my next thing to buy is a HRM. :)

Most of us use MFP's "Circuit Training" item in cardio exercises to calculate cals burned if we don't have a HRM.
  • spaceEF
    Options
    WOOOOOWWWW!!!! That no more trouble zone video--as she says herself, is no joke. I have no idea how I did that entire video. Seriously, but I feel great now! I'm pretty sure I was very near muscle failure at some parts! I do like how each move has a short span at a time. That helps a lot! Keep up the great work everyone!!! This is going to be a serious challenge for sure! Are we all still in?!?! :D
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    WOOOOOWWWW!!!! That no more trouble zone video--as she says herself, is no joke.

So not a joke!!! Those surrenders were a killer, and I found the moving lunges hard too.

I think I will go for shred level 2 later today, or I might try shred 1 and 2, I'll see how it goes, I wasn't expecting NMTZ to be so hardcore!!!

xx
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    WOOOOOWWWW!!!! That no more trouble zone video--as she says herself, is no joke.

So not a joke!!! Those surrenders were a killer, and I found the moving lunges hard too.

I think I will go for shred level 2 later today, or I might try shred 1 and 2, I'll see how it goes, I wasn't expecting NMTZ to be so hardcore!!!

xx

My butt and shoulders are killing me. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: No more "surrenders"!!!!