What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Loves--I'm usually with you on the raw broccoli. The crunch doesn't bother me, I just don't like the taste. For some reason I like it in this salad though. It's the only way I eat it raw. And Nikki, you are so right on the bacon. Fake just isn't worth it.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-12-27_19-11-55_317.jpg[/img]

Beef, chicken, and veggie fajitas. No, this is not the new camera, obviously, I just remembered to take a last minute cell phone picture before it was all gone. I could eat fajitas every night. If you ever find Claude's Fajita Marinade, buy it, it rocks. Spicy and smokey without being too salty. Only one store here has it, so every now and then I go there and buy every bottle on the shelf (yes, I'm that person). Their brisket marinade isn't worth mentioning, but somehow they got it right with the fajita one. Anyway, this is whole wheat tortillas (Target brand is good, none of that fat free/low carb crap, just whole wheat), flank steak, chicken, carrots, yellow squash, green bell pepper, onion, and vegetarian refried beans (i.e., lard free) with salsa and sour cream.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Cooking Lights Herbed Chicken and Dumplings....not the traditional Chicken and Umplings my family makes, but a good soup!

1a0d5a11.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    3d0e05319011__1325258555000.jpg

0c9fad10715c__1324851636000.jpg

The beignets I made Christmas day and breakfast today for brother and I...it is a hash but with egg on top! Cajun flavors...he ate it all! :D
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    The hash looks great! And... Well... You already know I have a thing for beignets!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    a0370c34.jpg

Ok I'm a dork, but here are my pretzel "Sparklers" Why wave fire around when you can eat chocolate?!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    The sparklers look fun, Loves.

Garlic Girl--The hash does look good. At first I though it was huevos rancheros. I know you like Louisiana flavors; if you can, see if you can find a recipe for Eggs in Purgatory. I know it was in the River Road cookbook, but it's probably online somewhere. You would love it.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/DSC_0176.jpg[/img]

Lime Marinated Salmon (Cooking Light) with roasted brussel sprouts and carrots. The fish was nice, just a soy/ginger/lime marinade. It was supposed to be broiled but I did it in my grill pan.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    51b2d3bdde1d__1325479969000.jpg

35fc5aa37c08__1325478107000.jpg

I made this for my brother, Peruvian Chicken with Aji Verde Sauce. In the restaurants they serve with fries so I baked fries for him. He loved how spicy the sauce was...jalapeno is in it.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Sorry my pictures are not great.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Looks great though! And I love salmon! Can't wait til I can get back over to Central Market.... They always have such a good selection!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    4e607078.jpg

Tex-Mex Calzones with Chorizo & Black Bean Dip and Chips

Cooking Lighht!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I love to make those! They are a great addition to a cookie tray:)
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/DSC_0188.jpg[/img]

Chicken and wild rice salad (with fig vinegarette) from Cooking Light. I've posted it before, but I got a much better picture today. It is seriously good.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/DSC_0199.jpg[/img]

Chicken Marbella and roasted fingerling potatoes with thyme. Honestly, this dish is amazing. It has olives, capers, prunes, wine, vinegar, brown sugar and oregano. All of the sweet and the tart blend together in the oven and prunes practically melt. Even Mr. Pickey liked it and my baby at tons of chicken. Oh, and did I mention that you prep it the night before and just pop it in the oven for an hour? Yeah. Make this.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    OMG! Delicious! Slurp slurp!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Omg is right! That's going on my list!

d03cb5b0.jpg

Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Mustard Sauce with Rosemary Potatoes
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You ladies have been cooking up a storm! Everything looks wonderful! :) I need to hit the kitchen again!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    0b2c177c.jpg

First Gluten Free Meal....

Taco Salad... From Clean Eating Magazine... It has brown rice, pinto beans and LOTS of flavor!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Now that looks good.......
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    10e3bc32.jpg

Penne with Turkey Ragu.... Food Network

They actually had a "Light Issue" this time!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    siiiigh slurp! Delicious!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    13bdfab7.jpg

Cajun Stuffed Bell Pepper....Food Network