What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I finished a book last night (Zombie Combat Manual) so I had to pick out a new book this morning. I browsed the books near the desks. I browsed through the books in the bedroom.

I went out to check the books in the living room and Daina had her index finger on a book. Normally, she will try to grab a handful and empty the shelf of books, so we stop her. But this time she very carefully pulled this single book off of the shelf.

That is the book I am reading today.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

My little girl rocks. :-)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I finished a book last night (Zombie Combat Manual) so I had to pick out a new book this morning. I browsed the books near the desks. I browsed through the books in the bedroom.

I went out to check the books in the living room and Daina had her index finger on a book. Normally, she will try to grab a handful and empty the shelf of books, so we stop her. But this time she very carefully pulled this single book off of the shelf.

That is the book I am reading today.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

My little girl rocks. :-)

*high five* She DOES rock.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the House of Night series ( Im on Hunted) and love it. I cant put them down. P.C. Cast is an amazing author.
    I have Prince of Theives, Red Ridding Hood, and lots other at home waiting for me to finish this series.

For anyone that lives in Denver, CO there is an AMAZING used/ new book store in Littleton that I visit on a weekly basis. They have book from .25 cents and up!!! https://www.facebook.com/nookBN?ref=ts&sk=app_154158274650754#!/TheTradesmart

:love: :love: :love:

I started the House of Night series right before fall semester started. I forgot which book I left off on, but they're on my list to catch up on before college starts back.

I made the mistake of reading The Hunger Games during last semester. Needless to say I didn't get perfect scores on my tests and quizzes lol. At the moment I am re-reading His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. Then I will read Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children (my boyfriend and I have one Christmas present we tell each other we want and then the rest are surprises, so I know I'm getting this for Christmas, lol). After that I'll read The Power of Six, which is the sequel to I Am Number Four. Then I might catch up on The House of Night before school starts back.
  • WWH_AJ
    Options
    Legend by Marie Lu.

Oooh that's on my list to buy! Let me know how it is!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

For anyone that lives in Denver, CO there is an AMAZING used/ new book store in Littleton that I visit on a weekly basis. They have book from .25 cents and up!!! https://www.facebook.com/nookBN?ref=ts&sk=app_154158274650754#!/TheTradesmart

:love: :love: :love:

Is this the place that's in the old Sportman's Warehouse building? I've been meaning to go in there. I'll have to check it out.

I started The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb the other day. It is really strange reading a fictionalized story about Columbine but I love Wally Lamb so I am giving it a chance.
  • ajbeans
    Options

I started the House of Night series right before fall semester started. I forgot which book I left off on...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :laugh: I read the first 3 or 4, something like that, before we moved out to Nebraska, and then our library didn't carry them. Now I can't remember which ones I've read. So frustrating.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Legend by Marie Lu.

Oooh that's on my list to buy! Let me know how it is!

It's an ok book for me. There are better trilogies in terms of dystopia, suspense, surprise, character development, etc... like Divergent, Insider and The Hunger Games.
  • WWH_AJ
    Options

It's an ok book for me. There are better trilogies in terms of dystopia, suspense, surprise, character development, etc... like Divergent, Insider and The Hunger Games.

Reading the book jacket, it reminded me of The Hunger Games. But if I loved that trilogy I would like Legend?
  • woou
    Options

Reading the book jacket, it reminded me of The Hunger Games. But if I loved that trilogy I would like Legend?

I think there's more of a possibility for Twilight fans to like Legend. THG fans probably 50/50.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Looking For Alaska by John Green
    and I got a Harry Potter book set for Christmas so atm i'm a 1/4 through the Philosophers/Sorcerers Stone too
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    The Reason for God. by Timothy Keller.

I was given this book. It's ok. I'm having issues with it, though....
  • WWH_AJ
    Options

I think there's more of a possibility for Twilight fans to like Legend. THG fans probably 50/50.

Oh OK, I'm a Twilight fan as well lol. Hard not to be with the bf's name being Edward and all :p

Well, I left The Golden Compass behind when we went home for the holidays, so I started Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I couldn't put it down!! I loved it. Now I've given up on The Golden Compass entirely and have started The Power of Six.
  • WWH_AJ
    Options
    I'm currently reading Looking For Alaska by John Green
    and I got a Harry Potter book set for Christmas so atm i'm a 1/4 through the Philosophers/Sorcerers Stone too

Ahhh, Harry has a special place in my heart. I started reading the series in the 4th grade and am now 22. I hope you find the book world as magical as I did :)
  • woou
    Options
    Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    "Alice in Deadland"...I forget off the top of my head who its by. It's a light, easy read...I'm not completely engrossed in it, but I plan on seeing it through to the end.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Yesterday I finished "The Help," and was really pleased with it. Then my husband lent me "The Hunger Games" from his Nook, and I ate it all up in one sitting. Good stuff.
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave.....I't's my first ebook and I am loving it!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I"m about to start The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh for my book club. I've heard lots of good things about it.
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I"m about to start The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh for my book club. I've heard lots of good things about it.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm reeading "When God was a Women" by Merlin Stone and "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire.