Like Minded Lushes- January 2012

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    0 last night and 0 tonight. I need to save up for the weekend...I'm headed to Maryland to visit a friend for the long weekend. She actually used her Southwest Reward points to get me there. I lurve her. So, I'm suspecting I'm going to be drunk most of the weekend. She just ran the Ragnar Relay in Florida last weekend, so she's been abstaining from drinking while training and she'll probably want to tie one on...which of course, is totally fine with me. :drinker:
    Yeah! That sounds awesome. Reminds me though, my sister was not familiar with that expression and she asked me, seriously, "have you heard the expression 'strap one one' to mean getting drunk?" I was like, "Um, you mean 'tie one on'?" I had heard of that, but I am not sure why tying one on means drinking...
  • amysj303
    Options
    One last puppy story, Last night as the dogs are out to take one last pee before bed I hear Doug shouting "no, no, noooooo!" just as Ritter walks under Bodi mid-stream. :laugh: Yep the little boy got pee'd on.:laugh::laugh: :laugh: Oh well I knew what I was signing up for when I got him And as a true lush I can say that "pee happens".:wink:
    ah, poor puppy, at least someday he will grow out of this danger. My friends have a male chow and a female duchshund and you can imagine how she smells...
  • amysj303
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks

So far so good. If I don't end up getting together with friends because of the snow, I probably won't drink tonight either!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wooooo, just had Shoulders and Arms, my favorite of all the P90X work outs. Started off a bit rough as I'm insanely sore but definitely got in a great work out. Counted up how many calls I've had today and am somehow only at 702, though that's fine by me as I can now have my healthy dinner and red wine :smile: I haven't done strength training in forever so all my strength is gone and I'm more sore than the very first time I ever did P90X, lets me know I worked hard though. Almost 4 o'clock here so I think I'll get some cleaning done while my muscles are still a little loose and while Kyle gets his work out done and then we'll probably make dinner and I'll have vino :drinker:

Robin, my paralyzed pup has poop accidents quite often and my fiancé cannot handle it in the least. It took him a good 10 minutes to clean up one of her messes once, so I usually have to clean all the accidents but the trade off is he has to take the pups outside when the other 2 have to go.
  • jawolfe
    jawolfe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello all! This is the BEST thread I have seen yet! THANK YOU thank you thank you for starting this. I deal with such guilt about my nightly glass (or more....ok maybe more) of wine. I work so hard at the gym and then I have red wine. It's not the wine that's the problem for me. It's actually that it is ALWAYS what will stimulate me eating something I wouldn't normally eat, or even a binge. It's great to find this "support group."
    I got sick on Jan 2nd and luckily my sinuses have been so congested, it's caused me to stay away from wine. Sat I had 2 glasses of white, knowing that it wouldn't cause the congestion that red does...and i felt AWFUL. So then I didn't have any more until last night, I had a small amount of white (finished what was left so it's gone), and felt ok.
    I'm aiming for no more the rest of this week. Hoping for some results from it too!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Wine causes congestion??

Oh, and welcome! :drinker:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    yep pretty sure i'll be drinking tonight, just wanted to let you all know :) the dinner party with our friends is at our house now and I always seem to drink more when I'm at home with company!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've scored the rubitussion with codeine, let the abuse begin...

Chloe, interesting thought on drinking more at home. Maybe, it's cause we don't want to slurp down all of someone else's booze. Us, lushes, have morals, right?
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am the complete opposite ja, alcohol completely takes away my appetite, which is a good thing because I'm pretty sure that I would be around 600 pounds if it gave me the munchies.

Having my first glass of red, pork is grilling and will then be baking, having some mashed potatoes with it and a veg, so not too many calories and healthy, we don't put the butter in the potatoes, we keep em pretty plain with a little milk to make em smooth and then if you want butter you can add your own and as much or little as you'd like. However, while the fiancé cooks, I will wait for dinner and have wine :drinker: :smile: So, so happy he likes to cook and is good at it :heart:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Chloe, interesting thought on drinking more at home. Maybe, it's cause we don't want to slurp down all of someone else's booze. Us, lushes, have morals, right?

Uhh so your not drinking and Chloe is....guess I will too :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Uhh so your not drinking and Chloe is....guess I will too :laugh:

Go ahead, rub it in :sad:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I poured some wine too.
    :tongue:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I poured some wine too.
    :tongue:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....not, you too!!! There's a conspiracy here!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    can't do codeine so I guess it is vodka for me.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Um. I'm two vodka and red bulls in.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I will remain strong and continue to abuse the Robo with codeine :happy:

Oh, just want to say that you all are a bunch a lushes :tongue:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Teehee, lushes we are....don't be jealous :tongue:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-5oz of port and 6oz of cabernet
    Wednesday-8oz of cabernet
    Thursday-who am I kidding....WINE!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 2 wines
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks

Robo tastes like crap. YUCK!! How can it have so many calories and yet still be repulsive. I googled how to make it taste better. Do you know who wants to make it taste better? No, not the sick and about to die people. It's the Robotrippers. Who knew there was a whole social network out there for this?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh I believe it!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I think my reasoning for drinking more at home is I don't have to worry about driving or making sure my husband stays good to drive. Also I have so much wine in my house that I just keep opening bottles :)

Monday-0
    Tuesday-12 oz wine
    Wednesday- prolly a whole bottle of wine
    Thursday- 0 ???