Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• WhatsEatingYou
    Options
    Just checking in! Got stuck out for breakfast so had a ff, I'll still be under cal for the day I think, but I'm paying for it in hunger - that many calories worth of something else would have gone a much longer way!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    KELLY THE SONG IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    i'm ready for the gettin' back at it challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • psb13
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw!! happy monday. started jillian michaels 30 day shred yesterday. (she scares me) i can feel my abs and biceps today but not painful like i was expecting. i actually enjoyed it. gonna try to keep on track with it this month. doesn't burn a ton of calories (i miss my bike rides) so i will probably need to add some extra cardio to it. hoping that i am finally back on track after a good day yesterday.

editing because i logged my stats on the googledoc (love being able to see all the challenges there!!) but didn't post here.
    sadly, but not surprisingly my weight is 177.8 up another 1.4lbs. hoping to be heading the other direction next week as i feel like i am finally getting back on track. my lowest weight since starting mfp was 173 so i am looking forward to seeing that number on the scales again!!
    OWLS 13
    HP 15 (sad, i know, but promise more next week. actually it already is more after yesterdays workout!!)

have a great day everyone :bigsmile: .
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey!

Am LOVING the Ravenclaw song, will be singing that to myself in the gym later no doubt.
    Weighing in at 192 today, wasn't expecting to lose as it's TOM so am pretty pleased, down two pounds!

Am thinking that tomorrow I might run, to get over my fear (for those of you who don't see my status, I was mugged while out running at the weekend) before it gets too bad. I hope I can convince myself to go!

Sue: I read this recently: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-hypnosis/AN01617
    -not too positive about it, have you read anything more convincing? I had a hypnosis tape (Paul McKenna) but I found because I was lying on my bed, trying to concentrate, I kept giggling and losing track. Might dig it out and try again though...

Looking forward to seeing everyone's weigh-ins, hoping you're seeing good numbers Ravenclaws!!
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I lost another 2.7lbs this past week. I ended up giving in to my craving to have a Big Mac combo meal yesterday, my big splurge after being extremely good for two week straight. Back in gear today and ready to move forward. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

mish
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Status updated.

If nothing else, the blast of snow is making me get out and shovel, which should get my activity level up.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaw! Sadly, I'm up again this week - back to 155. Seems I'm on a plateau waivering between 153 - 155. Hope to see a loss this week as I pre-packaged my snacks for today - carrots, celery and a homemade dip (greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, pressed garlic, salt and pepper). Also portioned out 1/2 cup servings of pomegranate seeds and some almonds. Much healthier than trips to the candy bowl!!

Classes start again tomorrow so I will not be around as much but will try to say hi each day. Hope you all have a fabulous week!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just popping in for a reminder that it's Monday, which means it's our final weigh-in day for the week! Let's get those numbers updated and points earned so that we can stack up against our fellow houses :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnaZ2CBZ3MgTdGxWaWE5OVU0dkQzRE9hRko0S0huT3c#gid=0

So far, it looks like we still need:
    alohashley (might just be under the wrong week)
    Bairn77
    craft338
    emmie_rene
    karinane
    Korkster
    lalaloserpants
    Matchamatcha
    Samiwhereareyou
    TwiFan5 (house points needed or a 0 entered if none)
    WhatsEatingYou (house points needed or a 0 entered if none)

I'll try to send out reminders tonight for any who are still missing. Hope everyone has another great week! :)
  • alohashley
    alohashley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaw! I have been slacking on recording calories....Still eating well, I am just finding it tiresome to enter food all the time...suggestions? Also, using the quick calorie add tool more than I should.
  • the_accountinator
    Options
    Hello all!

Another quick check in this week at 281.2 which is down a few. Yay! And with 4 days until my exam, I'll be hitting the books. I will be SO glad when this is over. Good luck to all of you still going strong!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I pre-packaged my snacks for today - carrots, celery and a homemade dip (greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, pressed garlic, salt and pepper).

Update: Did NOT like my homemade dip. Bleh! Will have to try again...
  • KMay1221
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I added my info to the speadsheet and just wanted to make sure I had it right since this is my first week.

Weight: 166
    OWLs - 3 ( I drank 26 glasses of water)
    House Points - 533 (Total minutes of exercise)

Hope I got this right.

Also, my cousin in a huge HP fan and sent this to me today so I thought I would share.

"By reading or watching Harry Potter, I'm in my own world, so much better than this Muggle world :(

I belong in a world where I would be with wizards.

I belong in a world where I use Galleons for money.

I belong in a world where I learn spells and potions.

I belong in a world where I would be sorted in MY house.

I belong at Hogwarts♥

I belong in a world which J.K.Rowling so amazingly created, I thank her for creating that world...

but instead...

I live in a world where others judge me for my beliefs.

I live in a world where friends are made for being pretty.

I live in a world where people blame me for nothing.

I live in a world where I get called a 'geek' or 'nerd'.

I live in a world where I can't be myself entirely.

...But there is one thing us Potterheads can do to help this world we live in, and that is Never give up Hope.

Hope is what gives us strength, it gives us a REASON to belong in J.K.Rowling's world. If we stand up for what we believe in, then we will rise above these 'bullies'...together♥

I now live in a world where I can believe in what I want to believe in, where I can be myself.

I now live in J.K.Rowling's world, because that is what I BELIEVE!

No Potterhead is an ordinary muggle, we are so much different...I believe that we are all wizards and witches in our hearts. It is what YOU choose to believe that makes the big difference.

Stand up for yourself, and don't let anyone bring you down. You are special in you're own unique way, and that's what we love you for♥ I'm trying to stand up for myself, and day by day, I know that I will soon rise above muggle's beliefs, and follow my own dreams."
  • psb13
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw. quick checkin before starting a busy day. managed to get in under goal and do 2 workouts yesterday!! hoping to make this my new trend!!!
    pandora...LOVE IT!!!
    hope you all have a great day:bigsmile:
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw. quick checkin before starting a busy day. managed to get in under goal and do 2 workouts yesterday!! hoping to make this my new trend!!!
    pandora...LOVE IT!!!
    hope you all have a great day:bigsmile:

Yay, Penny! Aww, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well lately! And so many true things on that post, Kris. Sad, but true in a lot of ways, but plenty of happy as well.

I've been really happy with my pre-packaged snacks lately, and they seem to be helping so that I don't go overboard and I have something handy and good for me to grab instead of something less than ;) Let's hope today works just as well.

Oh! I don't know if the rest of you saw this cute little thing on someone else's newsfeed recently (can't for the life of me remember who), but it makes me smile. So true: http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/104568022567560944_V0rr189C_c.jpg
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Found an awesome site this afternoon that I thought several of you would enjoy. Has some great questions and beautiful images to go along with them. Here are some that might have a little more in touch with our goals, but there are some really good questions to think about on the site (and since we do love to think, I thought I would share..:wink:)

http://thoughtquestions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/684.jpg

http://www.marcandangel.com/images/thoughtquestions/6.jpg

http://www.marcandangel.com/images/thoughtquestions/16.jpg

And one of my personal favorites: http://www.marcandangel.com/images/thoughtquestions/1.jpg
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ugh...my boss took me out to lunch to Frontera. I think I did okay. We shall see. I am going to keep the rest of the day lite today.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Some good food for thought here - thanks for sharing!

I've had a busy day today. Started one of my classes - its at lunchtime, so I have to take a 2 hour lunch, go back to work and then work later to make up the time. This will be my new life until the middle of May. Pre-packaged snacks will be a must so I can eat on the run! Will have to figure out how to fit my exercise in though. Hmmmm... :ohwell:

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Morning all (when you get up, it's 6.30 pm here...)

Well done to everyone who posted a loss this week,
    so a big shout out to ... alohashley...
    and of course... blackhawgirl91...
    and not forgetting... craft338...
    and couldn't be done without... kellyisfat...
    and great skills by... mish3131...
    and great stuff done by... WhatsEatingYou...
    and last, but in no way least... Pandora55...
    (and me :embarassed: - quite proud of losing considering the stress of last week)

As for prefects this week, the two students with the most OWLs are....

cherubcrnp and aszuzi (again, go you!!!)

So, to mix it up from last week, aszuzi if you can send me an exercise challenge for next week, and cherubcrnp a food challenge, by Thursday please. Don't worry if you can't think of one or don't have time (or don't want to!) just let me know and I'll come up with them.

Happy humpday Ravenclaws, hope you get through it unscathed X
  • psb13
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw!! happy wednesday.

kelly thanks for sharing-love them
    sue-i absolutely agree about the last one!!!

gwen-was just watching the news....stay safe out there in storm country!!!

sort of got a bit off track yesterday. had daughter's boyfriend for dinner and i made spaghetti. i usually measure and cook mine separately but i didn't last night. when i went to put my serving on my plate i realized that after cooked the weight increases d/t water absorbed. so question, how to you figure out what a 2oz dry serving of spaghetti is once cooked? i just guesstimated the size of the pile and hoped for the best.

husband having hernia surgery today so i will be having at least one meal in the cafe. happily they post the nutrition info so should be ok. gonna do 30DS before i go to the hospital.
    have a great day everyone!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hey everybody! the challenges are great this week =)

so, 6 more days to lose another 2.4 lbs in order to reach 100 lbs lost in 1 year. i THINK i can do it, if i really push myself every single day, BUT i feel a cold coming on, and i'm always starving and super tired when i get sick. ugggh, it's gonna be a rough week!!