Stage 6 Questions (optional stage)

Options
Please post your Stage 6 questions here. This is the optional stage specifically geared to get those guys in the gym jealous of your pull-up prowess.

Replies

• up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to give it a try. I did finish up Stage 5 today. So I'll probably take a break for about a week, but after THanksgiving I'll start stage 6!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear how it goes, I'm excited to do some pull ups!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Any update, up2me2lose?? How have your measurements changed through the Stages??
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Is anybody doing stage 6? I'm 2 workouts away from stage 6.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    How has your progress been, denine? I remain interested (as an early stage participant.)
  • deninevi
    Options
    Beeps, I'm getting stronger! I have a lot more defenition on my arms, legs, abs and everywhere else. I started working out last year around this time. I started NROLF late September. My weight is exactly the same now as it was last year this time, but I lost a jean size. My weight has been up and down during the last year- 8-10 lbs.I was upset when I gained it all back, but can't deny the inches lost. So that is great for me! Just the fact that I'm still with the program and working out 5 times a week is great for me. And I hope to be able to do an unassisted pull up by the end of the program-that was the reason I started it and I love heavy weights!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I am. I'm 2 workouts away too! Are you going to take time off between stages or jump right in?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you, denine - I think that's a GREAT testimonial to NROL4W. I'm VERY glad to read it!
  • deninevi
    Options
    I am. I'm 2 workouts away too! Are you going to take time off between stages or jump right in?

I'm going to take a week off. How about you?
  • deninevi
    Options
    Thank you, denine - I think that's a GREAT testimonial to NROL4W. I'm VERY glad to read it!
    Thanks, beeps!
  • bizco
    Options

I'm going to take a week off. How about you?
    Oops. I replied on your profile page today. But in short, No. I plan to start stage 6 on Monday. I'm so excited to start a new routine!
  • deninevi
    Options
    Thanks! I can't wait to hear all about stage 6!
  • bizco
    Options
    This is the optional stage specifically geared to get those guys in the gym jealous of your pull-up prowess.
    Yes, that in itself is a great motivator! In addition, the goal of stage 6 is to develop more strength relative to your body weight (pg. 151). The accompanying fat loss is great but I'm lifting primarily to increase my strength and muscle size/definition. More strength = more muscles = lean and sexy body! Not to mention the multitude of other health benefits.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is the optional stage specifically geared to get those guys in the gym jealous of your pull-up prowess.
    Yes, that in itself is a great motivator! In addition, the goal of stage 6 is to develop more strength relative to your body weight (pg. 151). The accompanying fat loss is great but I'm lifting primarily to increase my strength and muscle size/definition. More strength = more muscles = lean and sexy body! Not to mention the multitude of other health benefits.

This motivated me to do stage 6 instead of skipping to 7!!!

I started today and it only took like 25 minutes boy were my arms shaky after the negative chin ups, slow underhand pull downs and pausing with the push ups....I though stage 6 would be a breeze....LOL! Felt great and I added a HIIT to the end of my workout :)
  • bizco
    Options
    Great work Janda! I'm so glad you're not skipping stage 6. I did my first workout A yesterday. I love the shorter workouts too so I'm adding other stuff at the end. Either ab/core work or HIIT. I also threw in regular full bodyweight chin-ups just to see how many I could do...only 3 but it's a start!
  • deninevi
    Options
    I'll be joining you next week.

Janda, 25min. workouts is great! I'm looking forward to it!

bizco, 3 chin ups is great! Were you able to do chin ups before NROL?
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to do workout B today. I'm so unbelievable sore still....let's see how it goes!
  • bizco
    Options
    deninevi, I don't know for sure because I never tried doing one. I really doubt it though because I weighed more back then and I was definitely weaker. I'm looking forward to you joining us next week.

Janda, we're on the exact same schedule. I'm doing workout B today too. The first workout is always a guessing game for me on how much weight to use. Since it's 10 reps each set I'll start out light.
  • deninevi
    Options
    deninevi, I don't know for sure because I never tried doing one. I really doubt it though because I weighed more back then and I was definitely weaker. I'm looking forward to you joining us next week.

Janda, we're on the exact same schedule. I'm doing workout B today too. The first workout is always a guessing game for me on how much weight to use. Since it's 10 reps each set I'll start out light.

Thanks! I started the program because I wanted to be able to do a pull up/chin up. I tried yesterday and I was able to do 2 chin ups. I wasn't able to do any before I started NROL! I can't wait till Monday so I can start stage 6!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That's AWESOME, denine!!!! YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!